Leah Remini Reveals The Repercussions Of Leaving Scientology…..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, Jul 16, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Leah Remini reveals the 'hard repercussions' of leaving Scientology in new season of her TLC reality series

Leah Remini left the Church Of Scientology two years ago.

While one of the most vocal and high profile apostates to renounce the organization, Leah, 45, claims she is still feeling the 'hard repercussions' of leaving the religion she was raised in.

In a preview clip for the season premiere of her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative, the actress opens up about her experience of leaving the church.

[​IMG]

Recalling the past: In a preview clip for the season premiere of her TLC show Leah Remini: It's All Relative, the actress opens up about her experience of leaving the church

'When you leave, you can leave quietly,' Leah said in the teaser. 'But If you make a stink in the public world, they call you a Suppressive Person, which means the church has put a stamp on you that says you are bad.

'They then go to all your family and friends and say you have to disconnect from this Suppressive Person.'

Leah went on to describe why she felt the need to leave the religion her own mother had raised her in.

'I decided I didn't want to raise my daughter in the church because from what I've experienced and what I saw, the church becomes your everything. It becomes your mother, your father, your everything. You are dependent on the church.'

Where Are They Now.

'My mother was in Scientology my whole life. Most people don't know that we were raised in it,' The King Of Queens actress explained. 'I didn't decide to get into it - I was brought into it by my mom.'

'I don't think people know the amount of dedication it takes to be in this organization,' she added. 'I mean it was every day, three-and-a-half hours minimum, seven days a week usually.

[​IMG]

'You know, I'm working most of my time, and then the other time was spent at the church, so minimal time is really spent with your family.'

But the former Dancing With The Stars contestant admits the church was instrumental in forming her as a person: 'Our decision to leave the organization - it's not just something you get over.

'It's people and a lifestyle you've known all your life. It formed who I am, good and bad. It formed the way I think, good and bad. And so there's a lot of pain connected to it, there's a lot of healing.'

In the same interview with Oprah she recalled the moment she decided to leave Scientology, while reading a text venerated by the church.

'I was at one of these hotels in Florida, and I saw my daughter swimming for the first time while I'm reading this thing,' Leah said. 'And a tear came down my face. And I was like, "What am I doing?"'

The television star said she realized she was teaching her daughter what her mother had taught her - that Scientology was 'more important' than family.

'It was a culmination of things but that was a big one in my mind,' she added.

'When you are raised in something, and you are taught to think a certain way, a lot of times you grow up thinking, "That's the way I think,"' Leah continued.

'I'm learning there's a new world out here, and there shouldn't be any kind of judgment toward somebody who has a belief system that is not yours.'

A spokesperson for the Church Of Scientology gave DailyMail.com the following statement regarding Leah's appearance on Where Are They Now in May: 'Given Leah Remini's insatiable desire for attention, it comes as no surprise that for two years she has been incapable of moving on with her life and remains obsessed with shamelessly exploiting her former religion in a pathetic attempt to get publicity.' :eek:

2. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    There aint no way Tommy Boy will leave Scientology…They have all the dirt on him..Travolta either..

3. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    she was so smoking hot sexy those first few years of koq

4. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Speaking of reveals, I wish she would have revealed her breasts back in the early days of King of Queens.

[​IMG]

5. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Hottest TV wife ever

aspartame, Craignor, Ingens and 10 others like this.
  6. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    another Jew involved in a crazy religion that never quite works out the way they thought it would.

nick11 likes this.
  7. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is great.

It must really burn their ass that there is nothing they can do legally to stop this show.

It will get much higher ratings than mom caves.

8. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't go that far, but I'd definitely put her in my top 10.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  9. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I live near Roanoke Va and our local hillbilly version of the View "mornin" gets higher ratings and that isn't a joke

10. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    She was certainly in the running. :)

Although some TV moms were amazingly talented at hiding their best assets for many years. ;)

11. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Top 10? The only one I'd argue is Sophia Vergera but that voice? I'd need to see your top 10....

John Sterling likes this.
  12. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Most religions are expert at brainwashing people. But they are more subtle than scientology.

nick11, AuntDolly, Thedomina and 3 others like this.
  13. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    I'm genuinely happy for her. She seems like a good person.

Scientology is a scary cult.

Didn't @smichal post a blind about scientology driving some celebrity to near bankruptcy? :facepalm:

14. vaporizer

Reputations:
    Let me get to work...

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  15. Outoftune

Outoftune Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Wow... Nice!!!!

[​IMG]

16. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was the King of Queens science fiction? Because there is no way in hell a delivery boy like Kevin James could have scored such a hot piece of ass.

17. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wait... The author of dianetics wasn't really the messiah? Shit...

18. vaporizer

Reputations:
    Here you go:

1. Sofia Vergara - Modern Family
    2. Portia DeRossi - Arrested Development
    3. Lori Laughlin - Full House
    4. Jennifer Aniston - Friends
    5. Natascha McElhone - Californication
    6. Eva Longoria - Desperate Housewives
    7. Christina Hendricks - Mad Men
    8. Erin Gray - Silver Spoons
    9. Katey Segal - Married...With Children
    10. Florence Henderson - Brady Bunch

Honorable Mention:
    Jeanne Tripplehorn - Big Love

As I do this list, I'm finding that Leah Remini doesn't even make my top 10. Reason? She looks like she smokes 2 packs a day and I'm not even sure she does, but it looks that way to me. Her face skin tone is "smoker splotchy" to me. I don't like smokers. Never had a cigarette in my life. And that fucking NY accent...puke. I do, however, love that rack. Fucking amazing.

19. vaporizer

Reputations:
    No science. Just SUPER FAR OUT NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS fiction. They felt that a bunch of dick bags that live in NY that have a similar job as Kevin James's character would want to watch and get boners thinking they could get a woman like that.

SalsMasterShake likes this.
  20. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Leah was sexy early on, but she hit the wall quick. But young Leah was nice.

[​IMG]

Just don't talk.