Leaked Memo Reveals What 'Breastaurants" Actually Think Of Their Customers……..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by teehee, May 21, 2015.

1. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Leaked Memo Reveals What ‘Breastaurants’ Actually Think Of Their Customers

[​IMG]
    Waitresses and a customer at a Texas-area Twin Peaks :giggle:restaurant

Popularly known as “breastaurants,” the franchises that cater to the male gaze by employing scantily clad waitresses are enjoying booming business even as the rest of the restaurant industry has been struggling. Case in point: Twin Peaks, a Texas-based chain that was founded in 2005 to provide an even racier alternative to the ubiquitous Hooters franchise, was the fastest-growing restaurant chain in the U.S. in 2013.

Twin Peaks attributes its success to a basic understanding of the sexes. “Men are simple creatures and so you don’t have to get too crazy to get them in the door,” Kristen Colby, the director of marketing for Twin Peaks franchise, told the Huffington Post earlier this year. She said that beer, sports, and beautiful women are all it takes.

An internal branding memo provided to ThinkProgress from a current employee at a Twin Peaks restaurant, who preferred to remain anonymous over fears about losing their job, backs up that claim. That employee said the memo was distributed to all the franchises nationwide, as well as handed out to waitresses.

According to the document, the restaurant wants to target guys “who love to have their ego stroked by beautiful girls,” and promises to provide an environment “that feeds their ego with the attention they crave.” They describe their typical customer as someone who likes “attention from beautiful girls and being recognized in front of the guys,” as well as someone who doesn’t want to be asked what he’s thinking:

[​IMG]
    An internal brand memo from Twin Peaks

Spokespeople for Twin Peaks did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

So-called “breastaurants” spark a lot of controversy for what many critics complain amounts to the objectification of women. Twin Peaks’ CEO, Randy DeWitt, refers to his female employees as “weapons of mass distraction.” The waitresses employed at Twin Peaks are given discounts at gyms, nail salons, and tanning salons, as well as a “diet menu” to help them avoid gaining any weight. Some of its locations hold “lingerie weeks” during which waitresses don their lacy underwear.

But the restaurant chain’s internal memo aimed at “guys-guys” is a reminder that deeply entrenched gender roles can also impact men. In a society where men areassumed to be “simple creatures” who never want to talk about what they’re thinking or feeling, there isn’t a lot of room for more nuanced explorations of masculinity — something that researchers confirm has demonstrably negative consequences for men’s health.

Twin Peaks has recently been in the news because one of the franchise’s restaurants was the site of a shoot-out among rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas that resulted innine deaths, the recovery of about 100 weapons, and 170 arrests. In the aftermath of the violence, the restaurant has come under some scrutiny for hosting “Bike Nights” that attract large numbers of bikers from different gangs.

A Twin Peaks spokesperson confirmed this week that its Waco location will be permanently closed, and its other restaurants will be discouraged from offering Bike Nights. “We are in the people business, and the safety of the employees and guests in our restaurants is priority one,” the company’s corporate office said in a statement.

Rick Van Warner, the corporate spokesperson for Twin Peaks, says the document in question is an old brand consultant’s discussion document that was never distributed to employees. “I’m not saying it’s a fraudulent memo,” he told ThinkProgress. “But it was not, to my knowledge, part of a staff training. We were unaware that this was in the public domain.” He added that “it’s not a policy document, it’s not a memo.” The employee who sent the document to ThinkProgress, meanwhile, says that Twin Peaks’ corporate office emailed the memo to some staff and its contents were covered in a pre-shift meeting.

2. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Duh.......

3. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sports, beer and pretty girls. I'm sold. Guess they are right

4. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    tits are good. guys are dumb. waitresses are dumb as a bag of hammers. blah blah. talking to my buddies, it appears 9 out of 10 men dont get enough blowjobs

IfTheyOnlyKnew, ARM, MrPACS and 3 others like this.
  5. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    I've never been to a Hooters.
    If I wanna look at tits I go to a nudie bar.

6. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Only the Huff Po and the mouth breathers who read that junk would be outraged by this.

Tell you what, open up a restaurant next door to Twin Peaks that features women that look and act like Hillary and Loretta Lynch and lets us know how that works out.

7. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No kidding. We needed a leaked memo to tell us that?

8. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Tell us something we don't know, motherfucker.....

stash, IfTheyOnlyKnew and MrPACS like this.
  9. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I am really starting to hate these fucking places. Its not a guys ego that needs stroking you stupid whores. And stupid guys for patronizing these shitholes. Disgracia. :facepalm:

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  10. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Even the guy who ran the diner where Seinfeld used to go knew what to do to keep the customers coming back.

austin54, IfTheyOnlyKnew, ARM and 4 others like this.
  11. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who wrote that horseshit internal memo, Marci Turk?

12. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:

13. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    todays editon of "No Shit Sherlock Theater" - guys like sports, beer, non-vegetarian menus and girls with their assets hanging out AND will pay for such things.

14. The Jackie chair

The Jackie chair Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Anyone outraged by this needs a birds and the bees refresher course. More than like ugly old hags, their beaten into submission husbands and homos.
    This just in men like looking at cute girls.

15. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    This idiot...a pale imitation of Don Draper whose apparent business philosophy is "Demonstrate a firm grasp of the bloody obvious"

http://www.brandcatalystpartners.com
    Who Is Kennan Burch?
    [​IMG]
    Kennan Burch is a branding expert and master facilitator. After 20 years at Darden, a $7.5 billion brand-building company, and over $1 billion in advertising/branding initiatives during his career, he launched Brand Catalyst Partners in March 2008.

He is now strategically aligned with Stan Richards, founder of The Richards Group, who developed "The Cow Campaign" for Chic-Fil-A, "We'll leave the light on for you" for Motel 6, "You Can Do It, We Can Help" for Home Depot, and over 200 brands. Armed with his corporate experience and his support from The Richards Group, his primary focus is group facilitation of executives to align on brand strategy. He confidently leads executive teams and organizational leaders through a process that produces a one-page brand definition that invigorates teams to live out and implement their highest calling as a brand. He then coaches executives through the process of implementing the brand they desire to create, and brings together the necessary resources to bring the brand to life.

He has now successfully developed the brand strategy for over 50 organizations in numerous categories including; restaurants, food distribution, logistics, beverages, eyewear, data security, financial services, schools, legal, entertainment, insurance, media campaigns, tile and surfaces, motivational speakers, ministries, non-profits, publishers and film production. Nothing is more powerful than a "contagious brand" and that is what Kennan expertly delivers.

Kennan spent the majority of his career in Red Lobster Marketing where he was responsible for their National Promotions strategy, menu strategy and implementation. This included concept ideation, product development, menu modeling, calendar planning, media strategy and the execution of TV advertising. Under his leadership, Red Lobster's sales and guest count results exceeded the competitive set over 80% of the time (as measured by Knapp Track). He also worked very closely with The Richards Group to develop Red Lobster's brand strategy.

He also partnered with Claim Jumper Restaurants to be their interim Chief Marketing Officer where he successfully initiated their brand strategy and hired a full time successor.

Education
    MBA, Florida State University, 1986
    BS, Florida State University, 1982.
    Awards
    Darden Brilliance Award,
    Darden Restaurants Darden Leadership Award, Darden Restaurants.

16. doytch

doytch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like to go with a restaurant when the waitress is cute but is not the theme of it. Sexy waitress at chili's is better if it can happen

17. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    A bar up my way always has hot bartenders. Always a lot of bikes and cars out front. It's really pretty simple.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  18. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    I went to the Twin Peaks on the Vegas Strip..some of those girls were amazingly hot. Wings weren't bad either.

19. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i dont think ppl are outraged, its just funny that they let their customers see it.

and i disagree its simple, if it was everyone would have a successful 'breastuarrant'.
    its prolly most failed concept(because ppl try it with no experience cause they think its simple)

20. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :dontknow: I went to an event at the Twin Peaks in Las Vegas, I thought it was fun!