Leave Your Kid In The Car Alone in The Summer--Go To Jail

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Tarpon1965, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Tarpon1965

Tarpon1965 Resident Dawg Whisperer

Reputations:
    I'm getting sick of reading this crap already. How stupid of a person do you have to be to leave your kid locked in a car with no AC in the summertime, especially in the South. I use to feel sorry for the parent, but this is happening way too much and maybe manslaughter charges should be filed more often.

MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are investigating the death of a child who was left alone inside a vehicle.

According to police, 14-month-old Kimberly James was left alone inside a sweltering car outside the Holiness Born Again Church, located at 6452 Pembroke Rd., Sunday. Miramar Police said, Kimberly was left unattended for several hours in the parked Honda Accord, while her father attended church services. "I'm just shocked," one woman said.

James was rushed to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Guy Italian, who owns a business near the church, said he knew the child's father, Odane James. According to Italian, James is a pastor who runs the church with his father. "Very nice guy, gentle guy. He used to come here at the restaurant because he's my landlord," said Italian.

"He's a good guy, you know, and I don't know how that happened," Jean Merone said.

This is the third tragic incident in just three months. A 3-year-old was left in a hot car in August in West Miami-Dade and died. A few weeks before that incident, a 2-year-old also died after being left in a daycare van in Delray Beach.

No criminal charges have been filed as of yet. Miramar Police said they believe Kimberly died as a result of a tragic accident.

2. Maschine Zeit

Maschine Zeit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i'm pretty sure most times it wasn't an accident. just an excuse to get rid of an unwanted child. pretty sad but true.

3. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  4. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    Thinning the herd.

5. Tarpon1965

Reputations:
    Let's start with the idiotic parents and give the kids a chance. I Believe the children are our future!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  6. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Guest

Reputations:
    I have a tendency to side with the negligent parents.
    Somewhere deep down inside you have to recognize the ugly truth: those kids probably had it coming.

7. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    Back in the good old days, kids were right there in the front seat. Not in some rear facing car seat. Then came the pussification of America.

8. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'd leave this kid in the car
    [​IMG]

9. Tarpon1965

Reputations:
    Schmoopy was a chubby little thing when he was younger, wasn't he?

10. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I thought this was schmoopy

:p

11. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Well, when I was a youngun'! :2kbill: There were no seat belts in cars. And the dashboard was made of the same steel as the fenders. When you see an oncoming collision, you better brace yourself lest your mug be a different shape cometh the dawn.