Leno/Kimmel/Wig........

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jay Leno says Jimmy Kimmel in 3rd place in late-night ratings because he has a ‘mean streak’
    BY Don Kaplan
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 6:45 PM
    • A
    • A
    • A
    Share this URL
    [​IMG] NBC/NBC via Getty Images
    'I think he’s talented, I think he’s funny, but he’s got a mean streak and I think that’s the reason he’s in third place and I think that people sense that,' said Leno said of Kimmel.
    Car-loving TV legend Jay Leno just ran right over Jimmy Kimmel.

The former “Tonight Show” host blasted his one-time rival Tuesday, telling the Daily News that the ABC late-night host is mired in third place behind Jimmy Fallon and Stephen Colbert because he’s a bit cruel.

“I think he’s talented, I think he’s funny, but he’s got a mean streak and I think that’s the reason he’s in third place and I think that people sense that,” said Leno.

The funnyman also blamed Kimmel’s relationship with radio host Howard Stern for his lingering irritation with Kimmel.

“It’s funny, I always thought Jimmy Kimmel was the (late night) guy that I was going to be close to,” Leno told The News. “We have similar blue-collar, Italian roots — but he chose to go after me so he could get into the whole Howard Stern camp and never really understood what it was all about.”

[​IMG] Mitch Haddad/ABC via Getty Images
    Jimmy Kimmel once dressed as Jay Leno for a skit.
    Leno, who returns to TV on Oct. 7 with a new CNBC car show, “Jay Leno’s Garage,” also believes Fallon has the best monologue.

Leno has previously said he disliked some of Kimmel’s “mean” comedy bits, such as when he encourages parents to videotape themselves telling their children that they’ve eaten all their Halloween candy.

“I’ve never said anything nasty about Jimmy Kimmel — but he’s got a mean streak, he always takes things one step too far,” Leno said. “He comes from that radio vibe and it’s a typical radio versus standup comic situation.

“When you have to look an audience in the eye, you’re not quite as brave as when you’re just talking into a microphone,” Leno added. “When an audience can react to what you’re saying and you see them doing that, it’s a little different.”

[​IMG]
    Leno has previously said he disliked some of Kimmel’s 'mean' comedy bits, such as when he encourages parents to videotape themselves telling their children that they’ve eaten all their Halloween candy.
    Even though he’s not in the late-night talk show game anymore, Leno said he’s an avid viewer.

“I think Jimmy Fallon is doing a great job, I like Colbert — he’s terrific, I like (“Nightly Show” host) Larry Wilmore, (“Daily Show” host) Trevor Noah and (“Late Night” host) Seth Meyers — I think he’s a brilliant writer.”

He said he doesn’t stay up for the interviews, but watches the monologues religiously.

“I’m a joke guy,” he said. “I enjoy seeing the comedy bits, but the monologues are my favorite. Having talked to 8,500 celebrities (on “The Tonight Show”), I have to admit that’s the part I skip.”

[​IMG] NBC/Vivian Zink/NBC
    Leno has a new car show on CNBC called 'Jay Leno's Garage,' which premieres Oct. 7.
    For now, Leno said he prefers to focus on the 210 standup comedy appearances he’s doing this year and the exotic cars he’ll showcase on his CNBC show.

Each one-hour themed episode will feature a mix of stunts, challenges, reviews and celebrity interviews.

“When I was a kid, cars were the iPhone of the day,” he said. “These days you can sit home and have your girlfriend send you a naked picture of herself — in my day you couldn’t do that.

“You had to go to the girl’s house, make sure her parents weren’t home, take the picture, find a drugstore three towns away to have it developed, and when you got the picture back, it had black bars over it. It was terrible.”

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  2. RobotsVsMonsters

RobotsVsMonsters Semi-lurker since 2008

Reputations:
    Andy milonakis said it best "jay Leno sucks dick"

Fuck that creepy robot

heysteve likes this.
  3. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree that Kimmoe is a dick sucking asshole, who for some reason still thinks it's cool to hang with Stern. Therefore, takes up all of Stern's causes.
    I don't care about halloween candy, but he is mean and out of touch- just as much as his idoe is. "You know what I love about Eric? He thinks he's on the same level as you!"

I disagree about Fallon. He is the most annoying douche ever. And I hope to god this novelty wears off and his rating plummet.

In conclusion, Jay still wins. Thank you.

4. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not a member of the faux Jay hate club. Jay likes cars not cats. Still married to his wife and not a modoe for Sunday circulars .

5. Shithead

Reputations:
    One of life's great mysteries

Scarlett Ohara, teehee, Tracy and 6 others like this.
  6. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I listened to Leno on the Joe Rogan podcast, and he seems like a pretty genuine guy.

7. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never got the Leno hate. I've met him and thought he was genuinely nice guy. I have a built in People Bullshit Detector and the needle didn't even budge when I talked to him.

8. Shithead

Reputations:
    Same here

9. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not really a Leno fan, but he's pretty accurate about the "Stern Camp" observation.

10. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I laughed at Howard when he tried to rip on Leno. He had to worst things to rip on him about:
    -He was too loyal to NBC, he could have gotten millions more off of them (what was my favorite)
    -Leno was selfish for going on stage on Sunday nights at comedy clubs. He was taking the spot of some up-and-comer. Artie agreed w/ Stern on this one and called it low. Another time Artie had his mouth planted firmly on Howard's dick.
    -He stole everrrrrrything from me.

I'd have a beer or soda (in my case) with Leno anytime. I'm not even a car guy and I can imagine Leno being a real down-to-Earth guy. Sitting down with Howard would probably be the most awkward and uncomfortable moments of my life. What the fuck would you talk to Howard about? 'Say Howard, the show has really turned to shit lately, congrats!'

11. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You really go for a fourth rate, whatever he is, for opinions? I also thought Andy was supposed to be about anti-bullying but I guess once he gets the mic, well, he just wants to be a bully.

Leno is one of the best stand-ups of all time. He could also destroy any of these guys if he chose to, he simply takes the high road.

He owned the late night ratings. He also gave up his salary so people would not be fired. He is absolutely the kind of guy you want to work for. Super successful, and decent.

12. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Wow he owns that Turbine car... pretty cool..Jay is Bad Ass

I think there's only 3 left...

13. tradioguy69

tradioguy69 VP of Larry, Inc.

Reputations:
    This same article I swear was posted a month or two ago.

SalsMasterShake and Joe Bauers like this.
  14. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I seem to remember this as well..

15. Big Lar

Big Lar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Eh, i'm still on Howards side on this one. The whole Conan thing proved what a dickhead Jay was.

16. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kimmel bitter Stern bitter Dave bitter all jelious of Jays life style.

17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Way for the Daily News to be on top of things and publish a story that is about a month old. Didn't we already cover this? I guess it was Marianne Garvey's only way to get a Howard mention in today's paper.

Here is an article from US Magazine from mid August talking about how Leno thinks Kimmel doesn't do well in the ratings because he is too mean:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...fan-of-jimmy-kimmels-mean-based-humor-2015138

18. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how did andy miloconackakis get into this conversation

19. Petal

Petal A girl in a sea of mults VIP

Reputations:
    Wiggy must be crapping almonds in his pants.

Lots of news stories lately showing his celebrity pals why they shouldn't be friends with him anymore. (Anniston, Kimmel, etc)

:giggle:

20. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Coward Stern?

“When you have to look an audience in the eye, you’re not quite as brave as when you’re just talking into a microphone,” Leno added. “When an audience can react to what you’re saying and you see them doing that, it’s a little different.”

Scarlett Ohara, teehee, Tracy and 3 others like this.