Let’s Finally Put All The Howchee Hate & Vitriol To Good Use…Here’s How:

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dmg, Mar 19, 2015.

1. dmg

dmg New Member

Reputations:
    While I’m fairly new to the Dog Shed, I've listened to the show for more than 30 years. As such, I am formally calling on all the frequent posters here to step up and give some purpose to all this negative energy. I urge everyone — particularly those with any journalistic ability -- to document via facts and anecdotal info…all the instances and episodes which persuasively demonstrate how the Stern show has significantly gone downhill, especially over the past few years.

Yes, I too believe Howard's been phoning it in for far too long. He's not been true to himself or his loyal listeners. And, considering what it costs to subscribe each month to Sirius/XM, I suggest that rather than continue the endless carping and whining that goes on here, why not put our collective heads together in an attempt to document all of Stern's transgressions. For ease of editing, we should probably do this in outline form via bullet points.

The idea being that ultimately this document serves to demonstrate all of the major bones of contention supporting the argument that Stern has not only changed substantially (and not for the better) but has really let everyone down in the process...and should be accountable to his audience.

Assuming it is well-written and meticulously researched, this document could be very enticing to a print journalist, particularly if it catalogues all the lies, half-truths, exaggeration and total lack of transparency that Stern continues to demonstrate.

As a former publicist, I believe you could then use this document to interest a heavy hitter from the general or business media into actually taking on the KOAM in print. Just imagine the kind of havoc an explosive expose would create for Stern--particularly at this very delicate contract negotiation time. As many of you may be aware, the media has a pack rat mentality. The impact this could have in helping to reveal Stern for who he truly is and the backlash created by his once loyal fan base would be a story in and of itself. And once one publication/outlet picks it up and gets on-board, it could trigger similar coverage in other print and broadcast outlets as well.

From where I sit, it's apparent that the constant negativity and hatred expressed here in the Shed are getting through on some level to Howard and the staff. If you listen to the show carefully, a well-chosen word here and there confirms this. Someone at the HSS is reading everything that is written, whether they cop to it or not.

I suggest we start putting the major arguments on paper in an outline — while continuing to update and refine it in the weeks ahead. For my part, I’m going to go back and scour old posts with the idea of zeroing in on the major sticking points.

I invite anyone with a journalism/investigative background to join me. What’s the point of constantly complaining and spewing never-ending hate and nastiness if we can’t put it to some positive purpose.

Just one man's opinion...

Guacamole likes this.
  2. JessOnCrack

JessOnCrack Check out my maniacal laugh! Banned User

Reputations:
    Marksfriggin.com bro

3. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  4. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    teehee, Zarathustra, jake206 and 17 others like this.
  5. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Somebody's a little wordy...

teehee, jake206, kingship and 4 others like this.
  6. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    that's some life you got there big guy

teehee, Skipnoid, Omen and 2 others like this.
  7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
  8. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I did read the tiny writing part

9. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    What's he saying Robin?

teehee, codeine, Skipnoid and 3 others like this.
  10. @nal surprise

@nal surprise Member

Reputations:
    This is the part where people try passive-aggressively bullying you. Be strong. =)

Guacamole and rabbigottfried like this.
  11. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Let me put it in a nutshell:

1. Nobody in the Jackie/Billy/Artie chair, no foil to play off of.

2. No comedians either coming in as guests or sitting in. Much like 1, a decades-long Stern staple.

3. No drops. None, none in years. Either Fred has been neutered or he has given up, neither of which is acceptable.

4. No honesty. Stern built his career on telling all about his life. Now, its not only discussed, he lies out of his ass. He cant even bring himself to say the word "Hamptons", he says "out East". What the fuck is that?

The misconception about us as fans is that we are jealous of Howchies life, not the case. Quite the opposite. I would love to hear about Sterns house and all the cool shit he has, thats fun. I want to hear about a house with 18 chimneys and a massive pool and a bowling ally. Instead,this cocksucker lies and deflects. "We went out bowling". Fuck you asshole.

5. 2 and 3 day weeks: Forever this guy shit on Carson and Letterman for taking Fridays off or Carson taking weeks off. At least Carson had the self-security to keep live shows going with guest hosts to keep the show current and allow supporting players to shine. Stern is so insecure he cant even have a comedian in the studio as a guest, nevermind take his show over for 1-2 days a week.

Imagine if when he went to 3-day weeks the show went live everyday, 5 days a week, with either Stern at the helm or, in his absense, A Dave Attell or Dave Chappelle or a healthy Artie Lange. It would be interesting, relevant and daring. Id love to hear Chappelle helm a show and interact with Fred and Robin and tell stories.

None of that will ever happen and like a late in career Ali or major leaguepitcher who's fastball is gone, its just embarrassing to watch.

codeine, Orgy Pants, OV and 3 others like this.
  12. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Do you even know what it means to be "passive aggressive" because, I don't really think you do

13. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    And they're trying to tell us what to do...In post #4 no less. :fil:

Captain likes this.
  14. Mlaw

Reputations:
    If in fact the end game for this endeavor is for "Howard to be accountable to his audience" How in fact do you see that accountability coming to fruition? I'm wondering what will Howard be made to do for his misdeeds?

15. rahboni

rahboni Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Sickboy likes this.
  16. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Absolutely, just go search threads Benjamen started, there's probably at least 4 well researched and presented threads in addition to the sticky.

Pooh bear likes this.
  17. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Mlaw

Reputations:
    omg---How much of that is real? :rofl:

19. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    [​IMG]