Let me tell you about my Best Friend.....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SomerSky, Mar 2, 2015.

1. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    So my BFF is named Nikki, and I met her when I was 11 and she was 10, I knew she was just this kinda poor girl who lived with her grandmother, and somehow she was invited to this party I was going to, well, she came right over to me when i arrived, and just pushed me on the floor....I was like, what the hell???? She says I saw you the other day with your mom at the train station and you thought who the hell you were with your satin shorts (memba those??) and your satin jacket, and I knew that I would always hate you....
    So the next day, I went to her house with that outfit and told her she could have it. She cried. We have been best friends for over 30 years, I never see her, we are like city mouse and country mouse, but she's still my BFF after all this time....
    Whose yours?????

2. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  3. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
  4. Shortwave98

Shortwave98 A-Number 1 Banned User

Reputations:
    Didn't know that was Harry Nilsson..

Rockside7 and icypussy like this.
  5. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. icypussy

Reputations:
    My Bff lives 3 doors down from me, knew him since pee wee baseball. Graduated high school with him and lost touch, a few years later I saw a nice chevelle broke down along the road and stopped to help and sure enough it was him. Been hanging out ever since and he and his GF bought a house in my neighborhood.

squigglyline, Pooh bear, OV and 3 others like this.
  7. icypussy

Reputations:
    Me neither.

8. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Known by best friend since 3rd grade (1976). We didn't become close until 8th grade. We're very different and very similar at the same time. I moved away in 1989, but we've remained friends and no matter how much time goes by between calls and visits, we pick up right where we left off. Which reminds me...I haven't called him in a while. Thank for the reminder.

9. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    Knocked you right on your ass, haha. That's a great story @SomerSky ...and you killed her with kindness :) (somehow I bet you extracted eventual revenge)...

I moved around a lot when a kid, but my best buddy I met in 8th grade. I was yet again the new kid at school but he said: "Your parents are having and Army-Navy Game party, let's invite a bunch of girls and raid all the leftover booze afterwards." Always scheming. Set the tone for much fun and debauchery down the road.

We have been great friends, through HS / college / real life ever since, would take a bullet for the guy as he would me.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  10. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Known my BF for decades - new suburban housing development with no fences between properties and I had one of those "pitch back" nets behind my house where you'd have a catch with a baseball by yourself. I was visiting relatives and my mom called and said the new neighbors had moved in next door and the little boy - about my age - was using the pitch back. I decided I would have to straighten this kid out once I returned home. Well, we became inseparable - being a couple years older, I "helped out" when some older guys would give him a hard time and that all stopped. We did everything together as kids. Our nicknames are close to each other's - just one letter apart. He is godfather to my oldest son, and I was his best man. We considered the other guy to be a real brother. We each had second children, both sons, born four months apart. Unfortunately, his was killed in an accident at the age of 20. My friend almost lost everything over that - his job, his wife, his remaining child - even his sanity. I kept telling him I'd stand by him no matter what - he drank so heavily that I was afraid he would pick up a hunting rifle one day and blows brains out (he and his son did a lot of hunting and restored an old hunting cabin in northwestern NJ where they went all the time and he used to go up there by himself trying to escape his pain). I talked with him long after he said he'd driven everyone else away. Long story short - he got it turned around enough so that he's back to participating in life, and he and I talk at least twice a week. He'll never be fully "healed" - he'll always hurt - as anyone who has lost a child can attest. But we each know we can call the other guy at 2 AM and, if we needed help, the guy getting the call would hop in the car, make the 2-hour drive and be there by 4:05.

(Side note - this family turned their loss into a charitable foundation that gives out scholarships and does educational programs at their local high schools. I've seen how a charity turns all of its outside funding directly into the disbursements it gives to its beneficiaries and also how - as the founders - this family uses its own resources when necessary to drive the charity forward rather than rattling the cup with some tale of woe. They don't do bullshit fundraisers where "proceeds" are donated. Everything gets donated back out. So, when I see all this NSAL-PR machine nonsense going on, I wish some investigative reporter with a set of balls would shine the light of truth on that grifter operation. NSAL, Beff and Wigston give "charity" a bad name).

11. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
  12. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I'd say, but no one would believe. :snicker:

Caffeinated, smichal and SomerSky like this.
  13. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My childhood bf joined a cult when I turned 18

Vagina pooosy had been my by since

smichal and Beffquus like this.
  14. LaserT

Reputations:
    Did you ever see ever again or was he just gone?

15. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    my best friend is my right hand...sometimes i use my left hand

peterfonda and smichal like this.
  16. chapped

Reputations:
    Never saw him again. ..

He tried hard to get me to join

smichal likes this.
  17. LaserT

Reputations:
    Damn, that sucks.

18. Nikki

Nikki growing a tail

Reputations:
    When I read the thread title I thought you were quoting this:

19. chapped

Reputations:
    Sucks for him, going through life brain washed

Just Me and SomerSky like this.
  20. LaserT

Reputations:
    True. Well hopefully he came to his senses at some time and moved on.

smichal likes this.