Let's grade Snort's work

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by banksy, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Grade?

1. A

2. B

3. C

4. D

5. F

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. banksy

banksy Eat Ritz VIP

Reputations:
    Our bub @Snort is an aspiring novelist. He is considering cutting back hours at work so he can shop his novels around. The following is a sample of his work. Please assign a grade. Snort is a 32 year old Caucasian male.

At only twenty-nine, Preston Humphrey Ashworth was one of the youngest billionaires in the world. Preston was not a typical billionaire, if there was such a thing. Money was not overly important to him. But he loved the things the money had brought him. Fame, toys, cars, houses, women, pretty much anything he had ever desired.

His money had always been able to get him whatever he'd wanted.

Except for now.

Preston looked down at his failing body as the paramedics lifted him out of the ambulance. Press of all kind numbering over one hundred, were already waiting outside Our Lady of Pompeii Hospital. Flashbulbs sparkled and crackled.

Preston was accustomed to press snapping pictures of him, but this was an entirely different scene. Nothing like the press rows he had known all his life; it was much too quiet. Not a sound was made by any of the bystanders, but Preston could hear the crackling of the flashbulbs and the wheels of the gurney rolling on the cement, so he knew that he wasn’t deaf.

He had always been generous with his time when it came to the press and not just the biggies either. A year ago, a ten-year-old girl named Linda had sent in a request for an interview for her 5th grade newspaper. It turned out to be a tough interview, with questions that made him think. The day after, he'd sent in a donation for one million dollars to Linda’s school in her name.

He pictured himself in a neck brace, or worse, on the cover of Time magazine.

I'm so fucked, he thought.

“Preston.” A familiar voice called out, a moment later Victoria Moynahan stood over him. Behind his fiancé, he could see his personal physician Carl Somerfield.
    Tears poured from Vicky’s eyes like a faucet, it was the first time Preston had ever seen her cry, and it moved him deeply. He wanted to tell her he was all right; felt no pain and, that he surprisingly was at peace with his situation.

Speaking was impossible however, because they had put a breathing tube down his throat. He regretted that he still hadn’t married her. What had he been waiting for anyway? Thinking about it now, he could find not one solid reason to not marry her. Victoria was beautiful, smart, funny, adventurous; the last five years of his life had been the happiest, and by far.

“I’m right here baby; I’m going to be right by your side.” She assured him.

Usually, Victoria looked movie-star perfect, her large, round eyes were a radiant green. Jet-black hair combed down looked shiny and silky. Her natural golden-brown skin tone, made those women who spent hours at the beach, or at tanning salons every day, envious. Her high cheekbones, full lips and infectious smile, made her envied by most of the women who had ever laid eyes on her. Preston called her his exotic angel, even though she was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

Now, her cheeks had black streaks running down her face from the mascara. Her hair was pulled back and held with a rubber band.

“You’re going to be just fine Pres, I promise you. I don’t care how long it takes; we’re going to walk out of here hand in hand. Then we’re going to go home and get to work on some children. Five years, you think you can get rid of me that fast, you better get ready for a battle, because I don’t plan on giving up, and, I don’t intend on letting you give up either.”

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Tranquil like this.
  2. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  3. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    Lula

4. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
  5. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    Victoria sounds like she's fucking the doc.

6. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
  7. banksy

banksy Eat Ritz VIP

Reputations:
    The unnecessary and misplaced commas are very distracting.

And don't even get me started on that fucking semi-colon.

8. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    Usually, Victoria looked movie-star perfect, her large, round eyes were a radiant green. Jet-black hair combed down looked shiny and silky. Her natural golden-brown skin tone, made those women who spent hours at the beach, or at tanning salons every day, envious. Her high cheekbones, full lips and infectious smile, made her envied by most of the women who had ever laid eyes on her. Preston called her his exotic angel, even though shewas born and raised in Chicago, Illinois.

:jj::jj:

9. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    “I’m right here baby; I’m going to be right by your side.” She assured him.

WTF :jj::jj:

Tranquil likes this.
  11. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
  12. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    Usually, Victoria, looked, movie-star, perfect, her large, round, eyes, were, a, radiant green. Jet-black hair combed down, looked shiny and silky. Her, natural golden-brown skin tone, made those, women, who, spent hours at the beach, or at tanning salons every day, envious. Her high cheekbones, full, lips, and, infectious, smile, made her, envied, by most of the women who had ever laid, eyes on her. Preston, called her his, exotic angel, even, though, she, was, born and, raised, in, Chicago, Illinois.

13. JameGumb

Reputations:
    Ok those are a lot of commas. The subject matter itself is pretty good though.

14. Stevie

Stevie Now go...Ohm.

Reputations:
    Dear Penthouse Forum,
    I never thought this would ever happen to a normal, run of the mill guy like me.

15. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    Jame gumb likes the subject matter

JameGumb likes this.
  16. jdwhatever

jdwhatever Fesh Gold

Reputations:
    Lula

17. JameGumb

Reputations:
    Jame*

18. banksy

banksy Eat Ritz VIP

Reputations:
    :lol:

19. JameGumb

Reputations:
    Why does he put commas after the word and?

20. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:

@Summer