Liberal Politicians in LA Look To End "Racist" and "Sexist" Talk Radio

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Yellowfever, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Yellowfever

Yellowfever New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Los Angeles City Council called Tuesday for radio outlets to put an end to racist and sexist language on the airwaves.The resolution, which passed by a 13-2 vote, is a symbolic statement that decried recent incidents involving local KFI-AM (640) talk-radio hosts John and Ken.The duo, John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou, referred to the late Grammy-winning singer Whitney Houston on the air as a "crack ho.

"
    Though an original draft leaned specifically on the station and its parent company Clear Channel Media to ensure that their on-air hosts do not use such language, an amendment to the statement instead broadened it to all local media outlets.The resolution was sponsored by Councilwoman Jan Perry, Council President Herb Wesson and Councilman Bernard Parks. Among other things, it says KFI has 15 on-air personalities and "only one is female and none of them are African American.”After the controversial comment, KFI ordered seven-day suspensions for the popular hosts, saying that the station “does not condone, support or tolerate statements of this kind.

At the time, the station also made several pledges to increase sensitivity to minorities at the station. Kobylt and Chiampou agreed to take part in “cultural sensitivity training,” the station said, “furthering their awareness of the cultural melting pot that is Southern California.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...-end-of-derogatory-language-on-airwaves-.html

2. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd prefer they make it illegal to be an unfunny, uninspired, completely uninteresting talk radio host.

3. Morning Wood

Morning Wood New Member

Reputations:

AWWW it sucks unfunny white radio hosts can't call dead singers crack hos. Us white folks need to stick together because we're losing our rights. Don't you feel so repressed? Don't you hate being a virgin and on food stamps because the black guys are banging our women? Me too. Blame blackey. It's all their fault. The fucking minorities are taking over! AHHH!

4. Yellowfever

Yellowfever New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Of course you support these totalitarian fucks you liberal fag.

5. EOMS

EOMS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And then there's podcasts. Free from PC nonsense.

6. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    No matter what side of the fence you're on I think L.A. has bigger issues than talk radio. Red herring.

According to the statistics released by the California Department of Education, 69.6 percent of LAUSD's students graduated high school in four years in 2008-09,

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_16801481 :rant:

7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Regardless of your political bent, everyone should be disturbed by the fact that two guys that referred to a dead, drug addicted pop star as a "crack ho" were forced to go to re-programming class in order to keep their jobs. Too much Big Brother for me.

8. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hear Hear.

9. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like KFI.

10. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Talk radio ... the conservative media. All the liberal media: TV, movies, magazines, newspapers ... racism and sexism there is fine.

11. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    yeah, because no conservative politicians are against regulating anything to do with sex :rolleye:

hey i think regulating this is retarded, i just don't think it has anything to do with liberalism

12. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Now, now, I hate white people as much as the next guy, but I think you're missing the goddamn point entirely. Shouldn't need to be spelled out.

Besides, the remark was hardly tempered by race. Courtney Love could just as easily been referred to as a "crack ho" by your average garden variety shock jock in the first place.