Politics Liberal Totalitarianism-Conformist of Opinion

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, Sep 23, 2015.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So it appears that diversity of opinion is not allowed at Wesleyan College. A student wrote an editorial about the Black Lives Movement and the many of the students apparently can't accept an opinion from a white person that doesn't conform with their own. It's becoming ridiculous. People are afraid to speak up or present an opinion against some groups without fear of being attacked and silenced. What are students learning in college today? We have so much abundance and free time that people take for granted. Everything seems to be the white man's fault.

Just think what this country and the world would be like without the white man's inventions including democracy, a free press, television, automobiles, modern farming techniques. What happened to the goal of being judged by the content of one's character rather than the color of one's skin? I'm thankful that this country has diversity and a melting pot. Who cares what color someone is? Apparently some still do and want justice for their ancestors I guess.

Free speech is under siege on college campuses at least. Also try criticizing Obama or Muslims.

Original Editorial http://wesleyanargus.com/2015/09/14/of-race-and-sex/

Newspaper succumbs to threats and writes weasel response
    http://wesleyanargus.com/2015/09/17/staff-editorial/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-boycott-of-a-147-year-old-student-newspaper/

The Washington Post

washingtonpost.com
    © 1996-2015 The Washington Post

A conservative op-ed prompts a boycott of a 147-year-old student newspaper

September 23 at 12:50 PM

Stop the presses. (John S./Flickr)
    Students and staff members at Connecticut's Wesleyan University are boycotting the school's 147-year-old student newspaper and threatening to remove copies of the paper from campus after the paper published a student op-ed critical of the Black Lives Matter movement.

The op-ed, which appeared in the Wesleyan Argus last week, argued that the Black Lives Matter movement bears some responsibility for recent police killings and unrest in response to police shootings of unarmed black men. After some students objected to the op-ed, the paper published a front-page apology in the following issue, affirming its solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, criticizing the op-ed's "inaccurate statistics," encouraging minority students to contribute to the paper, and resolving to publish "an issue of The Argus written entirely by students of color" in the near future.

But for the paper's detractors, this wasn't enough. Members of the Student Assembly are now considering whether to act on a petition, currently signed by 170 students and staff members, calling for a boycott of the paper for failing to "be an inclusive representation of the voices of the student body" and neglecting to "provide a safe space for the voices of students of color." The petitioners call for the paper to be stripped of its student group funding, and say they will remove copies of the paper from campus until certain demands are met, including:

mandatory once-a-semester "social justice/diversity" training for all staff members;
    space on the front page of each issue "dedicated for marginalized groups/voices";
    monthly reports on the paper's funding and leadership structure.

2. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
    as the minority yell the loudest the majority stay silent...it's a shame.

3. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    The president even said it himself to a foreign crowd. "If it weren't for that blasted Constitution, I could've gotten a lot more done." :cwl:

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    "Nothing's ever happened that ain't happened before"

If Americans ever picked up a book they'd have seen this coming decades ago.

JFK, Penelope, maroon and 2 others like this.
  5. jlightningzz

jlightningzz Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wesleyan...haha...

[​IMG]

Lots a beaver on beaver ....fantastic school!

6. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    While I do agree with you, this is hardly something mutually exclusive to liberals.
    Conservatives have the same thinking.
    I recall the last republican president saying "you're either with me or the terrorists".

7. Fart Nose

Fart Nose Member

Reputations:
    Remember when we had this moron starting wars and representing us with his mush mouth?

#neverforget

8. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    When the positions you champion are indefensible, this is the only option that remains.

9. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Too bad your entire argument falls apart with Trump calling women cunts, Mexicans criminals and drug dealers, and shitting on our POWs. Yes freedom of speech is gone. Dumb ass teabagger.

Fart Nose likes this.
  10. Abner Devereaux

Abner Devereaux Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not looking to get political...everyone should vote for what is in their best interests and we'll deal with the outcome as always.

But I really think "liberal" is used too liberally...

To me a liberal is not someone that would be on board with this stuff...

I regard the PC nuts as something else just hiding behind the "liberal" banner.

11. Head Censor

Reputations:
    Ironic that you would use as your example (of only moral relativism, as it turns out) a clip which exhibits the exact opposite attitude of the one being displayed by the totalitarians at Wesleyen. :)

maroon likes this.
  12. Fart Nose

Fart Nose Member

Reputations:
    You can use as many thesaurus.com words as you want, but last I checked it was neo conservatism that was the real destructive force in the world.

Liberals didn't destabilize the middle east for oil, cronie contracts and further feeding of the military industrial complex, thus creating the vacuum for parasites like ISIS to form and thrive.

But keep parroting the talking points that Fox and Limbaugh are pushing constantly to divert attention from the effects of their absolutely obscene ideologies.

Ving likes this.
  13. Head Censor

Reputations:
    What is that even supposed to mean? :facepalm:

All I said is that it's ironic you would try to make your point using a clip in which President Bush employs a bit of self deprecating humor to illustrate very precisely his understanding that our nation was founded on the principle of free speech - the very opposite of what is currently being championed at Wesleyen where the only opinions allowed are the ones that follow the strict PC orthodoxy. How do you not get that?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  14. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ya think? Liberal and PC must be used 10000 times a day around here. Really getting tiresome

Fart Nose likes this.
  15. RumBalls

RumBalls The original RumBalls, est. Jan 16, 2012

Reputations:
    you really are a stupid POS

TheLACritic and The Snork like this.
  16. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah... No. Not even close.

TheLACritic likes this.
  17. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    It's just not a thread without my boy throwing the word Teabagger out there. NOICE.

TheLACritic and Head Censor like this.
  18. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

TheLACritic likes this.
  19. EvolvedMarbles

EvolvedMarbles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone post "libtard" yet?

Did I get bingo?

Fart Nose likes this.
  20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    liberal and pc have become meaningless insults that have nothing to do with the words

Fart Nose likes this.