Librarian: Sirius will still have to pay to keep Stern happy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Please...NO ONE is getting Sirius for a fucking sellout, hypocrite who pissed on his fans anymore. He's not going to be resigned. They can get along without Howard at this point. How many subs have left because of his lousy show and work ethic. It's over.

3. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Not sure if the librarian has listened lately... I think that the stock being up 3.2% today (market over its worry about the slight chance of losing lawsuit/payout) will catch Mel/Malone's attention more than this guy's opinion

4. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What do you think of the below theory I found while trolling the internet.

The whole argument about him "needing" the money is futile. If you walk out of a grocery store, and the clerk says, "I know you paid, but we're going to keep the bread. And we'll keep the money you gave us for it too". Now, you don't NEED the fucking bread... you won't starve because you're a fat ass. But are you entitled to it? Yeah you fucking are.

5. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    What if you used fake money to pay for the bread?

6. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    a shit for brains article...I love this quote

“If his absence caused even a million subs to leave, it would be worth it for Sirius to pay an equivalent amount. You never know how many people came for one programming element, and found something else, but why take the chance?â€

Do these people even listen to the show lately??? at most Howard would lose 100,000-200,000 subscribers...no where near a million and probably worth cutting ties once his contract expires...

7. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe this is a little better analogy: the man who buys the bread asks the store manager for some of his bread too. "I have this bread I bought. But I want some of your bread too. I am entitled to some of your bread."

:ufacepalm:

8. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Like bread, Howard has gotten stale.

9. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    with the merger complete, Sirius XM doesn't need Stern. no need to give him anything

10. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Does anyone really believe howard's gonna sign up for another tour of duty at Sirius when this contract gets finished?

11. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I personally believe that between Howard's Grade E effort and his lawsuit against Sirius, the Sirius door has been shut. Sirius will not sign him again.

12. PRINCEschmaltz

PRINCEschmaltz Member

Reputations:
    Mark my words. In the final analysis, Stern's affiliation with NBCU this year will be a boon to Sirius/XM.

In fact, it looks like Sirius/XM executives agree. Head honcho Mel Karmazin was on Jim Cramer's show echoing a similar sentiment not too long ago and there has been nary a complaint from Sirius/XM executives about the amount of promotion Howard has been doing for his new gig.

Contrary to Judd Apatow's brain fart on twitter about too much synergy, it seems like there will be just the right amount.

13. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Fuck, I just read the linked article, they think Sirius needs to pay Howard MORE money during this contract to get him to stay?

Why in the hell would Sirius do that? I don' think they are dumb enough to fire him, and be on the hook for the rest of his unfuflilled contract, but I can't see them paying him any more than they've contracted with him for. Sirius kinda just proved that by WINNING THE LAWSUIT.

Now, if Howard was to up and quit, does Sirius have any recourse to recover money for his breech of contract? Or are they just happy to let him walk, as long as they are off the hook for contract?

14. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Shut up, homo.

15. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    mark these words...AGT will not bring one new subscriber to Sirius....now go blow yourself....

16. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    Howard's internal dialog.

If I did not buy your fucking bread, your fucking store would be out of business. You owe me motherfucker. Do the right thing and give me some of your bread you cocksucker. Without me you would be shoveling shit in the street, fuckface. I invented bread you hollywood ass kisser

17. PRINCEschmaltz

PRINCEschmaltz Member

Reputations:
    "shutup, homo"

"Now go blow yourself"

Thanks for the thought-out and substantive arguments, you guys. You seem really smart!

:shortbus:

18. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:

You'd think they'd at least talk to one other "expert."

"Pop Culture Librarian."

Sounds like a job that Jon Hein will do in 10 years.

19. KINGjoe

KINGjoe New Member

Reputations:
    if sirius caves one bit on this old cuckolded piece of shit I am cancelling my free weekly subscription......don't tempt me i'm sirius!! LOL!

20. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mark MY words: I subscribed me AND my dad back in 2005. My dad hung on for a few years (Go Browns) but left on his own accord. I left in 2011 and told Sirius "I'm canceling b/c Howard and Mel lied to us. Record THAT you fucks!" Which I'm sure they did. Am I still posting on a website to a radio show that I no longer subscribe or listen to? Yes. But as many before me have noted; I get more value (i.e. laughs, community, etc) for a nominal (as in free, thanks to the largesse of Mr Dawg and his staff) than I did from PAYING to get pissed on.

Capitalism is a bitch. My reasoning goes (and it's important if only b/c I choose whether to pony* up for the service or not) that if I'm happy, I pay. If I'm not, I don't. I fucking LOVED the music and sports and OutQ** and politics and what not and would have gladly paid TRIPLE to keep Sirius in my car and my boombox at home***, but just like quitting any other vice: after a short but finite period of withdrawal I've replaced my previous unhealthy behaviors with other ostensibly more healthy behaviors and Sirius is in my rear view mirror. Mel, you fucker, you chose to raise my rates while giving me less, so I responded with the only action I had. I canceled.

*subtle but gratuitous Beth reference

**sure, by enjoying OutQ and admitting it I lose all claims to manliness, heteroness, Americanism, etc. I am a big fat faggot and I love it.

***For those of you still subscribing, I strongly endorse the TSS boombox. It has a little cartridge thingy which you can move from your car dock to your boombox and it's great on a jobsite.

End transmission