News Licensed Conceal Carry Woman opens Fire On Shoplifters At Home Depot

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Oct 7, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

Police confirmed on Wednesday that a concealed pistol license (CPL) holder was not being threatened by a fleeing shoplifter when she decided to fire multiple shots at him in a Home Depot parking lot.

And experts interviewed Wednesday doubted the shooting could have been justified.

“It’s my worst nightmare as a CPL instructor,” said Doreen Hankins, owner of Detroit Arms, which holds CPL classes. “You have to know the entire situation before you pull that handgun out. And I don’t see that a shoplifter at Home Depot fills any of those criteria.”

The shooting happened in the store’s parking lot at around 2 p.m. Tuesday, when Home Depot’s store security was chasing a shoplifter who jumped into a waiting dark SUV driven by another suspect, said Lt. Jill McDonnell, an Auburn Hills police spokeswoman.

But when the SUV began to pull away, the CPL holder, a 48-year-old woman from Clarkston, suddenly began firing shots at the fleeing vehicle. The vehicle escaped, though one of the bullets may have flattened a back tire, McDonnell said. Police are still seeking to identify the suspects, who made off with more than $1,000 in merchandise.

The shooter remained on the scene, cooperated with police, and was released pending an investigation. But gun safety experts say the shooting details that have been released so far don’t look great for the shooter.

To use a concealed weapon in Michigan, a CPL holder needs to think that there is an imminent danger of death, great bodily harm or sexual assault, or think there is a similar danger to someone else, said Rick Ector, a firearms trainer who runs Legally Armed Detroit. He added that a gun is “truly a tool of last resort.”

“In that situation personally, there’s no way I would be shooting my gun,” said another instructor, Dawn Martin, with the Kalamazoo-based Viper Security Enforcement Inc.

CPL holders who misuse their guns could face a wide range of charges — among them felony firearm, reckless use of a firearm and felonious assault.

Hankins, the owner of Detroit Arms, said of the shooting, “None of it makes sense. Even if it were law enforcement, they wouldn’t do that.”

She added, speaking of CPL holders: “You are not a police officer. you are not a person out there protecting the public at large.”

The Home Depot, located on Joslyn, is part of a retail district with hundreds of stores in the area.

The shooting comes just weeks after a bank customer in Warren opened fire on an armed robber, causing him to collapse from injuries. It’s not yet clear whether that man will face charges, either.

Anyone with details on what happened can call the Auburn Hills Police Department at 248-370-9444.

Contact Daniel Bethencourt: dbethencourt@freepress.com or 313-223-4531. Follow on Twitter at @_dbethencourt.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er-opens-fire-shoplifter-home-depot/73468588/

funnymoney likes this.
  2. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I said look at the cock in that guys pants, not caulk, put down the gun.

Icey, assnuts, GIRLY and 5 others like this.
  3. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She probably couldn't find an employee that could help her.

4. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :nooo:

Scarlett Ohara, Icey and Shortwave98 like this.
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    A shooting in a Home Depot parking lot? What are the odds of a Mexican not getting hit by a stray?

6. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She's going to have a long time to think about that mistake in prison. What a dope.

7. dawg

Reputations:
    :jj:

8. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If the nuts can claim aurora and sandy hook were false flag operations...I can claim that the anti gun, anti NRA crowd is behind this.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    You might need to consult with @Jim J Jiblets

Mulletude, Gusbuss and joe361 like this.
  10. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If only those shoplifters had been armed, they could have taken out that active shooter and prevented this tragedy.

11. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I never understood this reference as a Midwest/midatlantic resident until I went to SoCal on a business trip

That scene in one of those lots is insane

12. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    She was fighting the final boss of Home Depot.

upload_2015-10-7_21-52-46.png

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    moron thinks he is dirty harry

14. dawg

Reputations:
    Woman.

15. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    oh, check her tampon, my guess a heavy flow day, case closed

16. fredrogers

fredrogers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Then you'd both be considered idiots. :ufu2:

Gusbuss likes this.
  17. dawg

Reputations:
    Police confirmed on Wednesday that a concealed pistol license (CPL) holder was not being threatened by a fleeing shoplifter when she decided to fire multiple shots at him in a Home Depot parking lot.

And experts interviewed Wednesday doubted the shooting could have been justified.

“It’s my worst nightmare as a CPL instructor,” said Doreen Hankins, owner of Detroit Arms, which holds CPL classes. “You have to know the entire situation before you pull that handgun out. And I don’t see that a shoplifter at Home Depot fills any of those criteria.”

The shooting happened in the store’s parking lot at around 2 p.m. Tuesday, when Home Depot’s store security was chasing a shoplifter who jumped into a waiting dark SUV driven by another suspect, said Lt. Jill McDonnell, an Auburn Hills police spokeswoman.

But when the SUV began to pull away, the CPL holder, a 48-year-old woman from Clarkston, suddenly began firing shots at the fleeing vehicle. The vehicle escaped, though one of the bullets may have flattened a back tire, McDonnell said. Police are still seeking to identify the suspects, who made off with more than $1,000 in merchandise.

The shooter remained on the scene, cooperated with police, and was released pending an investigation. But gun safety experts say the shooting details that have been released so far don’t look great for the shooter.

To use a concealed weapon in Michigan, a CPL holder needs to think that there is an imminent danger of death, great bodily harm or sexual assault, or think there is a similar danger to someone else, said Rick Ector, a firearms trainer who runs Legally Armed Detroit. He added that a gun is “truly a tool of last resort.”

“In that situation personally, there’s no way I would be shooting my gun,” said another instructor, Dawn Martin, with the Kalamazoo-based Viper Security Enforcement Inc.

CPL holders who misuse their guns could face a wide range of charges — among them felony firearm, reckless use of a firearm and felonious assault.

Hankins, the owner of Detroit Arms, said of the shooting, “None of it makes sense. Even if it were law enforcement, they wouldn’t do that.”

She added, speaking of CPL holders: “You are not a police officer. you are not a person out there protecting the public at large.”

The Home Depot, located on Joslyn, is part of a retail district with hundreds of stores in the area.

The shooting comes just weeks after a bank customer in Warren opened fire on an armed robber, causing him to collapse from injuries. It’s not yet clear whether that man will face charges, either.

Anyone with details on what happened can call the Auburn Hills Police Department at 248-370-9444.

Contact Daniel Bethencourt: dbethencourt@freepress.com or 313-223-4531. Follow on Twitter at @_dbethencourt.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er-opens-fire-shoplifter-home-depot/73468588/

18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

19. Jim J Jiblets

Jim J Jiblets #Hillary'sTongue

Reputations:
  20. Elwood

Elwood Well-Known Member

Reputations: