WTF Life choices

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by slowrollralph, Jun 20, 2016.

1. slowrollralph

slowrollralph Active Member

Reputations:
    First time I have started a topic. I feel this is a good place to get a plethora of opinions. There is a wide variety of people that post here...I'd say a lot are average, some highly intelligent, and some stupid. There are even sociopaths, losers, maniacs too. Good bell curve for this question...

I am 28. I struggle everyday deciding what I want. I had a gf for 5 years. We had a house and all that but broke up a few years ago...i did not want to settle down. But it still hurt a lot. Long story short...i casually date or just bang girls and disappear. I like variety. I like seeing the best of people but then rarely seeing them. Quick honeymoon periods. All my friends or fam are married and miserable. No one is a bad person. I just really think people get tired of each other. Could you eat chicken all day everyday? Thats how i see it. Im always on the go and doing different things...why would i want to be with one girl? I cant decide if i am afraid of getting close again or just like the newness feeling or im on the variety is the spice of life blah blah blah.

At the same time. I look around and want something steady. Want kids. Want to try to be a good man to a woman. Some days i feel like i could be the special one that could make it last with someone and keep it exciting. Other days i think thats just a romantic farce and i need to keep fucking as many girls as possible. I just live and do what i feel in the moment...but its like a grass is always greener on the other side thing. My married friends are envious of me and im envious of their stability and having someone to go home to. Then i think about how everyone married hates their lives. So to all you married people and older and wiser posters. Please give me thoughts and opinions on where im at. Im tired of the two sides clashing...i need to pick a side and go with it the rest of my life...if u dont have a plan u have nowhere to go...

Wiggy related because he supposedly went on a tear after allison. Which was really just a tear in ralph and young male prostitutes asses.

XuXu, Grabo, EmilysBush and 3 others like this.
  2. ChimneySweep

ChimneySweep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this kind of thread never ends well

scoobyla, WHTHS, hsdramaqueen and 6 others like this.
  3. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I should never have had so much sex with so many hot women. That's my only regret in life.

broccoli rob, Vagineer, Elk37 and 3 others like this.
  4. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    all that typing and no tag.

adios, brother! :mrpeanut:

Snort, hsdramaqueen, Petal and 3 others like this.
  5. Bro

Bro Oligarchical Corporatocracy VIP Gold

Reputations:
  6. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    let's see if he can figure it out before BethSucks has to save him.

7. Coke Can Baby

Coke Can Baby Don't be a skunk Gold

Reputations:
    True story not everybody hates their wife and family

XuXu, baci, Slim Pickens and 15 others like this.
  8. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Simple take a year or two to fuck lots of whores and then make a decision

sino8r and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  9. Apple the cat

Apple the cat Moral conscience of the Shed

Reputations:
    First Ralph, at 28 you're too young to get married, unless you're going bald (@Schmoopy ). If I had it to do over again, I'd have stayed single until at least 35, then settle down and have kidlets. As you're out chasing pussy, get to know them a bit better than you do now, and see if one really clicks with you. If you find her, pursue it further, see if she's "the one". You're still young, so follow this piece of sage wisdom, my son: DON'T SETTLE!!

10. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    elias saved him.

don't be so nice.

eliasbboy likes this.
  11. jeffgq

jeffgq -Is a "Florida Man"

Reputations:
    I think Shivvy would be the best person to help this guy out...

12. Pitzarea

Pitzarea Well-Known Member

Reputations:

FeetToTaste likes this.
  13. slowrollralph

Reputations:
    Admittedly I dont know what I am doing I usually just randomly comment on other topics. I like the mid 30s comment. But maybe its a culture thing or where I live. But a lot of my circle and friends are married. Since early 20s.

14. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
    a) not all married people are miserable. actually statistically married people on average are happier than non married people.

b) that being said, no reason to get married before 30 at the earliest.

15. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    You're only 28. People that do get married are doing it later and later it seems. Don't feel pressure.

Understand one thing and it will help immensely: There IS NO perfect plan.

You are a complete 100% individual. Your DNA, life experiences, interests, passions, pet peeves, EVERYTHING is unique. What works or has been tried by 99.999% of the population does not have to work for you.

You know why I got married? It felt right. Teo years before I'd have told you the idea was 10 years off at the earliest.

When it happens, IF it happens, you won't be doing it to settle. You'll know.

Keep in mind there are a shit ton on extremely happy people in this world that never got married. Priorities, interests, tastes, these all change over time. Just do the best you can and be the best person you can be. Whatever happens happens.

I like to think of it this way. You can spend all day Monday from sun up to sun down worrying yourself sick about what might happen on Saturday. Problem is you could die of a heart attack on Tuesday. Don't waste a good day you have fretting over a day you may never see.

Sorry if it sounds stupid or gloom and doom. I don't meant it that way. Just enjoy your life. Don't compare your place in the world with others. It's always apples to oranges.

16. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    You should sell everything and get on a plane to Oslo right away.
    Enroll in the university and spend a few years figuring everything out and enjoying expensive artisanal hot sauces.
    :grad:

17. God

God Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Princess Kitty

Princess Kitty You Knew VIP

Reputations:
    Always thinking the grass is always greener NEVER EVER STOPS, no matter what situation you are in.
    Humans are programmed that way from birth. Just hang on for dear life and try not fuck up other people's lives in the meantime....

19. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They are usually pigs, though.

Infinity and Pitzarea like this.
  20. slowrollralph

Reputations:
    Good reply elias and thanks for the advice. Good to hear it from random people. I was in traffic coming home from the gym. Just was looking around and seeing a ton of couples. Got kinda bummed there for a sec. Then posted on dawgshed. LOL