Lifetime subs still available? Or should I threaten to cancel?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Quite Frankly, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My 2-year Sirius auto-renewal came and went 3 weeks ago, and since they don't know my new credit card # they sent me a letter saying I need to call them to straighten it out (it says they're gonna cut off my service soon, and I'll owe them for this month).

Should I call them, threatening to cancel and demanding it for $5/month plus free internet?

I use an Xact Visor, which is actually a problem-free unit ($30, still being made and is on Amazon)- the 1st one lasted 4 years.

But if I cough up $500 for a lifetime sub, is that really only for the life of the unit? wtf

The answers and outcome all seem to be a roll of the dice, dependent on how much of a retard you talk to each time in "customer service".

2. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    it's for the life of the unit, but you can transfer it up to 3 times for a fee. if you decide not to renew, turn off your receiver a couple of weeks before and wait a couple of weeks before turning it back on. i cancelled over a year ago and did this, and my stiletto still works fine. leave it off unless you are actually listening.

:dontknow:

3. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I can't believe you'd want to keep it!
    Don't call back!

4. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my stiletto is a piece of shat!!!