Lift!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by broccoli rob, Aug 13, 2013.

1. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Lets get huge... This is a motivational thread to help salooner's become jacked alpha males (and help/keep get that bikini body). Garypagetwo should live in this thread. Share your goals, post your gains in lifts, muscle, fat loss including pics of improvement, share workouts or new fads/ideas in exercise or nutrition, & even if you don't know shit and you just want to improve yourself physically, get some free advice. Want to lose weight? looking to put on muscle? Looking for the right supplement? Hell, even if you want to motivate a few of the lazier posters, show off your improvement. Any of the posters that train regularly, post your .02 here.. I know there are a couple of women on Dawgs that are holding it together, im sure they are working out. Join in, as well. I am an exercise science major, nutrition fanatic, and healthy cook. I learn stuff new stuff everyday from other people who are busting their ass in the gym and trying to live a healthier life. Fat people piss money away on gimmick snake oil salesmen, or starve their body of essential fats and carbs (so unhealthy) and call it a diet, when just asking (or paying attention) is the main source of the most valuable info. Getting in shape has totally changed my life, and with a little motivation and knowledge of nutrition, it could do the same for anyone. I was a 260 lb depressed alcoholic with regular stomach pains and extremely bad habits. I started training regularly and its gotten me a new job, improved my ability to function throughout the day, and now 8 months later, im starting to get hot dates :cheer:. I am a big fan of running; I believe they both go hand in hand. But lets keep the running shit in the running thread, and get your alpha on in this one. :spud:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  3. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    this is 7 months through good nutrition and steady training...
    [​IMG]

I was hoping someone else would chime in with weight lifting or nutrition info. I wanted to motivate people to make changes, not make this about me.. but yeah the sky is the limit if you are consistent. Gains and fat loss get so much easier over time. this is my last post until (or if) others show interest. its strange that health, quality of life in general, and appearance isn't important to a lot of people.

AmishGirl likes this.
  4. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    What r u tryin' to sell dude?

5. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    im a student. I make shit money, and im ok with that for now. I just wish someone took the time to motivate me when I was a fat fuck. I saw theres a running thread but nothing about weight lifting and proper nutrition. So im throwing this out there. I have nothing for sale. I plan on going to grad school but for now I am working a minimum wage job at my school gym. I have no ulterior motive. I like helping people and motivating them, because I wish I had thrown some good info thrown my way when I was in need. thats all.

6. Mojopin

Reputations:
    Just kidding.

Is that really you? If it is, way to go....takes a lot of discipline.

AmishGirl likes this.
  7. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Thank you. & I dont blame you. It seemed a little like a sales pitch, but I honestly have nothing going on like that. I cook a lot of healthy foods, and maybe one day i'd like to open a restaurant or something after I finish school. But id never look to make money off people trying to lose weight--I think that is evil. And the pics are me... the beginning was a major struggle, but it gets so much easier over time. My family is sicilian and really have no concern over their health. After watching them drop like flies, live shit quality lives, and now my dad being cancer ridden, I decided to make changes. I feel way better than I used to, but im honestly really frightened of diabetes and cancer. I stay consistent with my runs for health reasons, not to lose weight anymore. I can still manage my calories and drop weight without running, I am just frightened of getting sick.

8. Eddie Blake

Eddie Blake I love guns and cum Banned User

Reputations:
    My gym progress:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Mojopin

Reputations:
    So, what's your diet like? I have no idea how to eat and no time to weigh turkey slices on a little scale.

10. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    getting jacked!! What kind of supplements and how often do you train? I take a basic creatine, isopure 0 carb protein, ZMA, and a pre workout with BCAAs...naturally a multi vitamin but that isnt doing much to help.

11. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    I eat the same breakfast every morning, 5 egg whites, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 2 slice of wheat toast, a piece of cheese, and .5 cup of frozen blueberries with some almond milk. I also run and work out 6 days a week. Turkey, Bison meat, fish, peanut butter and jelly, even like publix subs (i dont know if u have publix by you, but like grocery store boars head subs) on multigrain, I even make pasta and chicken wings! If you like to cook I found a great way to make wings. You get a lb from the grocery store, chop the drum from the flats, and boil 3 heinekens and a little water. depending on the pot you use u may want to use a little less. Boil for 15 minutes, drain, then preheat the oven to 450. throw in for 13 mins, take out, then flip for another 13 minutes. fucking lean as hell wings that are better than what youd get in a restaurant. use any sauce you like, I prefer Footys wing sauce. I have probably 50 different recipes w/ pics so lemme if you need a healthy idea! I am like bizarro animal god

[​IMG]
    image hosting imgur

12. Mojopin

Reputations:
    How about your workout? Minus the running.....I don't run.

13. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    The supplements I'm using are ON gold standard whey, ON micronized creatine and driven sports craze. I train 4 times a week.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  14. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    My favorite fish is chilean sea bass. I also love swordfish steaks. Quinoa and kale are my favorite side dishes. both packed with so much nutrition!

swordfish w/ quinoa
    [​IMG]
    studio screenshot

chilean crusted sea bass w/ white quinoa
    [​IMG]
    image hosting 10mb limit

and heres a mediterranean dish I stole off of Giada
    [​IMG]
    screen shot software

15. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    In order to get the muscle gains you want you need to eat a sufficient amount of protein and carbohydrates (I recommend about 200gs a piece, but watch ur calories). If you don't run, you need to be a little more conscious of what type of foods you eat because if you are at a caloric surplus, you'll be gaining weight. if you dont take a protein you definitely should, if you are not looking to gain fat, take a 0 carb protein. Also creatine will help recovery and gains, and BCAAs should help eliminate soreness. I take Fast Fuel pre workout from RSP with BCAAs in it, it helps pump me during my workout and helps prevent getting sore. but as far as the actual workout, I do a leg day... a back and bi day, and chest tri day. I fit shoulders traps and abs in whenever I can, as time permits. sometimes im strapped for time, so I make up for it on days that i have extra. Heavy weight, less reps. I always look to outdo myself each workout. If you cant remember everything, bring a pad or jot it down on ur cell....its gay, but it helps. I kinda just go off the top of my head.

16. Mojopin

Reputations:
    What exactly is "heavy weight". How many times should I be able lift it in the beginning (reps)?

17. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    2 or 3 reps. Keep putting a few more lbs til you can only get one rep. Then each week, try to outdo yourself a little. Eating right, and basic supplements like protein, creatine, BCAAs should help you make little gains each week. Every 6 weeks its a good idea to switch up your routine. It helps to avoid a plateau and continue making gains

definitely good when bench pressing. If you work out alone, use the assisted squat machine and throw a bench under it. That way if your arms give out u can just turn your wrists and lock it up. I still do this pretty often since I prefer to work out alone and don't want to risk injury when pushing it to the limit

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  18. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    Good intentions Rob... but i don't think the posters of Dawgs Saloon are about bodybuilding, lifting etc. Best stick to the misc.

19. alittlebitcunty

alittlebitcunty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I always eat an apple or something after I work out but I didn't know I needed that many carbs.

20. Eddie Blake

Reputations:
    Get you f'd up.

[video=youtube;tMxg0eBfgmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMxg0eBfgmE[/video]