Politics Limbaugh "Michelle Obama playing the race card"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 12, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Michelle Obama ‘playing the race card’ in Tuskegee speech, Rush Limbaugh says
    BY Doyle Murphy
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, May 11, 2015, 7:41 PM
    [​IMG] Brynn Anderson/AP
    First lady Michelle Obama warned graduates of Tuskegee University, a historically black college, some would ‘look right past you’ because of their skin.
    Conservative firebrand Rush Limbaugh claimed Michelle Obama was “playing the race card” as she outlined challenges faced by black people.

“Michelle Obama is on a roll,” the talk show host carped on air. “She is playing the race card. She is doubling down on it.”

The first lady infuriated Limbaugh and other right-wing critics on Saturday when she warned new graduates at Tuskegee University some people would “look right past” them because of their skin color.

Obama drew on personal experiences during the surprisingly candid commencement address at the historically black college, where the military’s first black pilots trained.

“So there will be times, just like for those airmen, when you feel like folks look right past you, or they see just a fraction of who you really are,” Obama told the crowd in Alabama. “The world won’t always see you in those caps and gowns. They won’t know how hard you worked and how much you sacrificed to make it to this day — the countless hours you spent studying to get this diploma, the multiple jobs you worked to pay for school, the times you had to drive home and take care of your grandma, the evenings you gave up to volunteer at a food bank or organize a campus fundraiser. They don't know that part of you.”

Julie Smith/ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Rush Limbaugh claims Michelle Obama was ‘playing the race card’ during her commencement speech on Saturday at Tuskegee University in Alabama.
    Obama told grads she and the President knew the frustrations.

“We’ve both felt the sting of those daily slights throughout our entire lives — the folks who crossed the street in fear of their safety; the clerks who kept a close eye on us in all those department stores; the people at formal events who assumed we were the ‘help’ — and those who have questioned our intelligence, our honesty, even our love of this country,” she said.

“And I know that these little indignities are obviously nothing compared to what folks across the country are dealing with every single day — those nagging worries that you’re going to get stopped or pulled over for absolutely no reason; the fear that your job application will be overlooked because of the way your name sounds; the agony of sending your kids to schools that may no longer be separate, but are far from equal; the realization that no matter how far you rise in life, how hard you work to be a good person, a good parent, a good citizen — for some folks, it will never be enough.”

The slights lead to feelings of isolation, she said.

[​IMG] Brynn Anderson/AP
    First lady Michelle Obama gives a thumbs up on Saturday after walking out on stage for the commencement address at Tuskegee University in Alabama.
    “And as we’ve seen over the past few years, those feelings are real,” Obama said. “They’re rooted in decades of structural challenges that have made too many folks feel frustrated and invisible. And those feelings are playing out in communities like Baltimore and Ferguson and so many others across this country.”

Limbaugh cited the much-lauded speech as proof of his long-held belief the country’s first black President and first lady are dividing the country along racial lines.

“I've been worried about it since before he was inaugurated,” Limbaugh told his listeners. “I have been worried that this is going to lead to racial strife unlike any that we who are alive today remember.”

He also accused the first lady of lying about the slights she’s endured over the years.

Brynn Anderson/AP
    First lady Michelle Obama told new graduates at Tuskegee University she and the President have felt the ‘insults and daily slights’ as black Americans.
    “She’s too well known — it’s absurd,” Limbaugh said. “But she wants it to be believed. And maybe in her mind she has been treated that way by some of these people around the world she's met. Maybe she hasn't and just thought she would be, or maybe they didn't fawn enough and that's why so she's telling herself stories about what they think of her.”

Obama urged students to rise above the challenges and critics.

“They are not an excuse to lose hope. To succumb to feelings of despair and anger only means that in the end, we lose.”

2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It's all she does. The nerve of her makes me sick. She has been given so much by this wonderful Judeo-Christian American Country, and she and he muslim husband are doing everything they can to break down civil society.

imissalison, Nice, jake206 and 31 others like this.
  3. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    She sounds like some inner-city thug complaining about her McD's order. Move to fucking Africa.

jake206, Slow, Missypooh RN and 11 others like this.
  4. christ cracker

christ cracker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    shes no nancy reagan

Missypooh RN, Boomer, bobp and 5 others like this.
  5. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
  6. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Where is lee harvey oswald ?

7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Race relations were better before Obama became president. You would think the president wouldn't be a shit stirrer. I guess Rev. Al has his ear.

Nice, jake206, Missypooh RN and 13 others like this.
  8. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Thank goodness for that

9. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow, racist much?

10. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Yup! Look at how bad the racist U.S. has treated her while she made her way into the W.H. to live like Marie Antoinette with her mother and then fly around the world vacationing at lavish resorts on the tax payer dime. That poor thing.

Nice, jake206, Missypooh RN and 10 others like this.
  11. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:

Yeah, ironic isn't it?

She's crying about how unfair things are from the top job on the planet.

That victim mentality just never ends, does it?

Nice, jake206, Philster and 13 others like this.
  12. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I had a lapel pin which I wore during the Johnson administration which said "Where is Leave Harvey Oswald now that we really need him?"

Another was "The Great Society: Bombs, Bullets & Bullshit"

Do you get the idea I did not like LBJ?

1Vegasgirl and Birddog like this.
  13. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    How was that racist? The woman has had the life of a queen literally handed to her and all she does is complain about terrible treatment.

Nice, jake206, Missypooh RN and 11 others like this.
  14. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    — and those who have questioned our intelligence, our honesty, even our love of this country,” she said.

Basically if you are black, a woman or Hispanic and running for office we can't question any of these things???
    :umm:.......Didn't Obama lie about the healthcare law? Didn't David Axelrod admit that Obama lied about his view on same sex marriage to get elected? Didn't Obama lie about his view on the national debt? Didn't the Obamas spend twenty years in the pews of a church that regularly expressed the hatred for America? Didn't Michelle express how much she despised America on many occasions before getting into the White House? I guess the only thing we really can't question is their intelligence.....oh wait a minute.....they will never release Obamas college transcripts. In that case I will just use my analytical skills and conclude that the two of them are not as smart as they think.

Nice, jake206, slab0meat and 15 others like this.
  15. MrPACS

MrPACS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lol. "Mov to fucking Africa " would be slightly racist.

16. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    She is saying how poorly she is treated in this country. Why not move somewhere she doesn't hate?

17. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Of course, Obama and I won't be having any of you negroes in or anywhere near our home, but whitey needs to be reminded of their inherent evil".

18. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    I'd love to see anyone defend WH representatives going to funerals for Brown and Gray but not the murdered cops. Anyone defend this. Calling all retarded liberals. Defend that action.

19. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    She is so sickening I can't watch her. All I see is evil in that face. She is out racebaiting when 2 mothers lost their sons on Mother's Day.

20. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Nancy Reagan would have called the mothers (parents) of those 2 poor dead officers. Your post gave me chills (not in a good way).