Listening to Howard - Harder & Harder.....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Hadenough, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    and then seeing the pictures Beth posts, makes it so sad. I like listening to Howard and often there are very good interviews and stories.... I even get a kick about him going on about The Bachelor or DWTS (which I do not watch). But talking about Beth and the NSAL is just so so PATHETIC. Beth is interviewing potential "adoptees" for kittens...... Are you kidding me???? Can I accept that Beth is involved with an animal charity? I guess someone has to, but really the amount of time she spends is ridiculous.

Then there is a 300 yard drive that Howard won't let go and laugh it off. Hard to believe he is so delusional and there is no way with his ego that he would joke about himself and for so long. Even the staff and those around are scared to explain that it went a maximum of 120 yards. Give him credit that he made contact and that should have been the end of it.

The amount Beth posts and the pictures that are the same over and over of a pretty blond with a nice figure is shocking in it's narcissism.

As for the Kimmel wedding at least we didn't hear that it started too late and he had to get to bed before 9:00.

There was a very sad commentary with Howard sort of off offhandedly mentioning that there were "stars" and then "family" there and that they had to mingle with these "commoners". Thankfully he was at the "star" table. I listen to Adam Carolla's & Bill Simmon's podcasts and I only wish he was seated with cousin Sal.....

2. 14chimneys

14chimneys Member

Reputations:
    Im starting to feel even the "great years" were they actually Howard? His peak was early-mid 90's thats when Billy West carried the show... Now if you want to say Jackie was good because he brought the drama to the show & they would talk about the new Jackie moment. Fine.

But really did Howard ever really do much? Those books are his own person peak, the hype of the movie was great until you saw it!

From that Movie Bombing - until Artie coming on to save the show again so it could go another decade. Really we are at the point NOW when we really hear Howard on his own & he isnt funny. He isnt really that interesting outside of those Billy, Jackie & Artie distraction tools.

Looking back Howard has been alot of smoke & mirrors. Shit watch the channel 9 show, underpants party & us open sores NOW, they are on youtube, you will turn all of them off in 10 minutes.

3. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    While Howard claims to have had to keep Matt Damon & Ben Affleck hostage with his stories, I'm sure they were looking to talk to someone like Bill Simmons and laugh about Boston sports, sports in general, pop culture, movies & writing......

4. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, it is pretty sad that the only HSS laughs I get are here, and when people post ode shows from you tube.

5. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Five Stages of Letting Howard Stern Go:
    1. Denial. NO. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. THE SHOW IS AS GOOD AS IT EVER WAS.
    2. Anger. FUCK. FUCK THIS SHIT. FUCK THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK
    3. Bargaining. Well, maybe if I only listen one day a week I won't notice how awful the show is now
    4. Depression. Fuck. Fuck it. It's all over.
    5. Acceptance. Who? Howard Stern? Yeah, I was a fan back in the day. Long time ago. Too bad about what happened.

6. Hadenough

Hadenough New Member

Reputations:
    I like Howard for the most part, however I wonder what he'd talk about with Ben & Matt. He barely knows their movies, which would make him appear a sycophant... Talking about Private Parts is sad 20 years after the fact. Discussing NSAL, The Bachelor, DWTS, True Blood or comics would be a waste...... Maybe he was discussing his 300 yard drive?????

7. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The problem isn't what Beth does in her spare time. It's that Howard shoves her shit down our throats on his show and has completely nutered his show in order to help her "career" and hobbiea

8. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Adam was at a table with legit friends. Howard was at a table with look at me look at me people.

9. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This is the first day I've had off in awhile allowing me hear the entire show (free. I ain't payin for that shit)
    I still feel Howard owes me some payback for The Revolution bait and switch bullshit.

Traded his longtime fans to hang out with Hollywood people that think he's a really funny joke to have around for their amusement.

Howard. Beth will never have a TV show longer than a few episodes or be in a movie. One thing everyone sees but you. Even YOU don't have enough money to buy Beth talent. Buy all the chineys you want, but that ever elusive talent thing will always be just beyond your grasp. I'd mention Beth, but hey. Let's face facts.

There a reason any of these movie deals you've mentioned in the past never came to fruition. (Porky's anyone?)
    2 reasons.
    You sue everyone that hires you.
    They've all seen Private Parts, and you will only ever be a medocre (if that) actor.

Hope this clears things up...