Listening to old Shows today...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by The Drumma, Aug 8, 2014.

1. The Drumma

The Drumma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Had a chance to catch some old stuff today.

In the clip I heard, Blobin was trying to get through the news while Wig and Fred were going wild with their Jackie impressions. The Jokeman sat cackling in the corner at both of them.

It was great because it reminded just how truly funny the show used to be. Fred was on fire with the Jackie voice, tons of sound clips flying around... It was great. It was the first time I actually laughed out loud while listening to the radio in years.

It took me back to a time when I was (like most of us here) a true Stern defender. We all had arguments with people who mocked the show, put it down and flat out didn't get it. Now I find myself visiting here and trolling Twitter for ways to vent and share my disgust of what my former hero has become.

Towards the end of the segment I found myself getting so pissed off that the next time I get a chance to listen, it will probably some drawn out talk about saving some dumb street animals, watered-down family friendly middle America TV shows, 5th grade level hobbies and endless psyco-babble.

They went from the Jokeman, Stuttering John and Artie to Marrianne, Bobo and Hanzi.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

2. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    That was amazing, groundbreaking radio for the time but now Howard is in a different place and his show reflects that, as it has always reflected his life. From an angry guy in an unhappy marriage fighting every day against those that wanted to ruin his career to the most powerful man in media, living a happy life of luxury with his steadfast wife.

3. The Drumma

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

How about no.

4. Stern68

Stern68 mult Banned User

Reputations:
    I love Tracy Morgan, hope he's recovering.

5. The Drumma

Reputations:
    Ok, we agree on something...

mothra1orbit and Stern68 like this.
  6. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    welcome to 2009

Mulletude likes this.
  7. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    If this is 2009, where the fuck are the flying cars? :cuss:

mothra1orbit and Bye You! like this.
  8. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Old shows? I'd rather not. It only shows what a hypocrite he is.

Ta Ta Toothy and Bye You! like this.
  9. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Back then the Wig cared about his fan base mainly cause of ratings but he was somewhat sincere, I have old shows when he was going and came to sirius, he promised so many things and never delivered, he did a complete 180 and fcked his fans, who are now paying fans....Incredible, also incredible how some fans still defend that fckn Wigged crook P.O.S

mothra1orbit and John Mahlin like this.
  10. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was thinking of how the show was actually funny back in the day, pre-divorce, when Jackie was still on the show. I remember arriving at work and waiting in my car because I didn't want to miss the end of a segment. Or listening in my cubicle hoping I didn't piss my pants because I didn't want to miss anything by going to the restroom.

Then day by day it turned to shit, "Beeceuticals" and "giftscriptions"... for a while I overlooked it or denied how bad things had gotten, then eventually turned it off permanently. Difficult to believe how the show turned into shit.

mothra1orbit and John Mahlin like this.
  11. MobyDick

Reputations:
    You get to laugh at him instead of with him now that the curtain has been drawn back.

12. MobyDick

Reputations:
    The divorce was definitely the beginning of the end, but it was such a slow descent and change, hardly anyone noticed until it was too late.

mothra1orbit and Bye You! like this.
  13. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Shut the fuck up.

14. John Mahlin

John Mahlin These go to eleven Gold

Reputations:
    You are so fucking delusional.

15. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I have such a huge archive that I will never listen to. I hate him.

16. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    But all you get to laugh at is sanitized bullshit.

17. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    He has worked hard to earn our scorn. The fact that he used to be so damn good (I know, it's hard to remember) makes it that much worse.

18. mothra1orbit

mothra1orbit Autologous Rage

Reputations:
    His "steadfast" wife? How do you know? and how about some evidence that Allison *wasn't* "steadfast?"

Howard says he has "evolved," but what we former fans see is that Howard consciously shook off the qualities that made us love him--no evolution involved, just calculated scheming--so that he and his new bimbo wife could find acceptance among people who have the kind of money Howard now has. He has intentionally geared his show toward celebrity-friendliness, and he is willing to suck any A-list cock to get him and his wife invited to things like Jennifer Aniston's wedding. They greedily grab any opportunity for publicity showing how sophisticated and wonderful they are; unfortunately for them, the only people they've been able to convince of their (or Beth's) fabulosity is Hamptons Giveaway. They have both lied repeatedly about Beth's past in trying to make this (perfectly nice, maybe) woman into someone high society wants to rub elbows with.

It's all so fucking fake and such a fucking lie, and that's why you find the venom here. We aren't envious, and we aren't unhappy with our own lives. We spent years defending HS to people who didn't get him, and this is how he repays us, when he finally achieves financial success thanks to *our* support? We *made* him, and he pisses on us.

Plus, what could be more hilarious than making fun of Beth's wonky eye and square tit?

baci likes this.