louis' new special is really really really good.

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by PSU Shower Room, Apr 14, 2013.

1. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    just got finished watching it.

the man is a genius. catch it on HBO on demand or torrent or whatever.

2. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it was ok. louis seems to have changed a bit and he didn't thank anyone from the O&A show, but he thanked Obama?

3. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    It was boring. I've watched it three times and it gets worse each time. A few of his lines were jokes that Patrice did but did much better. Louis joked about how audience members cheer when they are asked if they are under 40 but are silent when asked to cheer if they are over 40. That was one of Patrice's most famous bits and he used it in his last three specials.

And yeah...thanking Obama is absurd. Not acknowledging O&A is rather pathetic. He should be thanking Patrice O'Neal and Sam Kinison for some of their jokes as well. And putting George Carlin up front is another joke because Louis CK is saying "I'm as good as Carlin". :rolleye:

I don't think a single joke from this act will be memorable in more than a year. But the last Paul Mooney special I watched in 2010 I can quote at least ten jokes from (including maybe the best OJ Simpson joke of all time).

At this point Louis CK is just cashing in on his mainstream appeal. Doing SNL, hack Late Night appearances, and now a mediocre HBO special. Gotta get that money to pay for a new boat.