Lucky or unlucky??????????

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Lucky, because he only lost a hand or unlucky because he had a plane being flown by an 84 yo geezer land on top of him?

Small plane crashes onto lawn mower operator, severs his hand

The crash occurred at North Carolina's Taylorsville Airport Saturday afternoon. The 84-year-old pilot, Edward Sisson, walked away without injuries, but lawn mower operator John Rufty is listed in critical condition at local hospital.

[​IMG] WSOCTV A small plane collided with man on a lawn mower in North Carolina, completely cutting off his left hand.
    A small plane crash-landed right onto a man riding a lawn mower, chopping off his hand.
    Edward Eugene Sisson, the 84-year-old pilot of the single-engine plane, collided with a lawn mower operator while landing at North Carolina’s Taylorsville Airport Saturday afternoon.
    Sisson is an experienced pilot who was flying in from Crossville, Tenn., to visit family in Taylorsville, State Highway Patrol Sergeant Brian Owenby told the Daily News.
    The airman was traveling east toward a grass landing strip at the small privately-owned airport. His unlucky victim, 74-year-old John Rufty, was also traveling east on his lawn mower.
    The airport doesn't have a traffic controller, so there was no one to warn Rufty about the incoming plane.
    "(Rufty) wouldn't have been able to hear or see the plane coming," Owenby said. "And the pilot was unable to see the driver until just before impact."
    The propeller of the plane clipped into Rufty, completely severing the man's left hand.
    Both the plane and the mower flipped over during the accident. The pilot was able to walk away from the crash without any injuries. The victim was airlifted to the Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, Russell Greene, director of emergency services for Alexander County, told The News.
    [​IMG] WSOCTV The victim was airlifted to a local hospital.
    Rufty was listed in critical condition on Saturday afternoon, a nursing supervisor told The News.
    The sergeant said that despite the pilot's advanced age, he seemed to capable of handling the plane.
    "He was 84, but he didn't look like it or act it," Owenby said of Sisson.
    No charges are pending as of yet, Owenby reports.
    Managers of the privately owned airport were not available for comment on Saturday.
    The National Transportation and Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the incident.
    Related Stories

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [TR]

[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    "damn kids- always getting in my way" :grouch:
    -pilot

3. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'm always against frivolous lawsuits. in this case, i hope the man on the lawnmower sues and bankrupts the asshole who was flying the plane. these small planes are absolute nuisances and if the pilot wants to risk his own life that's one thing...i don't give a shit. 84yr old playing with his toy? fuck him!

but when innocent people on the ground get injured or killed, it's time to sue the pants off the pilot.

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    And all Forrest wanted to do was ride his mower, now he lost his hand.

[​IMG]

5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    "it's time to sue the pants off the pilot"

leave your fantasies outta this :c

6. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    I want to die quietly in my sleep, like my 84 year old grandpa. Not screaming for my life, like the 3 passengers in the car that he was driving at the time.