Shop Now At Amazon

Mad Men Season 6 Starts in April!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kamie, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Yay! I love Mad Men. Maybe Megan will be dead. That would make me happy..

Mad Men' season 6 will premiere in April
    AMC drama will return with another two-hour season premiere

Don Draper and the rest of "Mad Men" will be back on AMC on Sunday, April 7 at 9 p.m.

The Emmy-winning drama's sixth season will begin, like its fifth did, with a two-hour premiere, written by "Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner, and directed by Scott Hornbacher. The remaining episodes will air at 10 p.m., starting with another one directed by star Jon Hamm.

This is a slightly later start than the fifth season, which began on March 25 last year, but it's the same basic spring window, after the first three seasons began in mid-late summer.

“To be able to continue exploring the stories of these characters for a sixth season is an amazing opportunity,†Weiner said in a statement. “We love mining this world and look forward to bringing the audience stories that we hope will continue to both surprise and entertain them.â€

Weiner is famously tight-lipped about all plot and character details of the show — we don't know what role Elisabeth Moss will play as Peggy, for instance, though he's said that she'll still be part of the show — so that's about as much detail as you're going to get out of him between now and April.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...-6-will-premiere-in-april#DDFfkU2JzDEUMZoz.99

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Target
  3. Sickboy

Sickboy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sweet.:D

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    I do like that show quite a bit, some people say it's boring, I like everything about it.

I also like "Magic City", the style and era are similar to Mad Men. I'm not to sure if Magic City will be back?

[​IMG]

5. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I really like Magic City! Jeffrey Dean Morgan is dreamy....:wub:

I was afraid that Starz was not going to renew it but they have. Season 2 is slated to start sometime this summer. Did you know that the one guy was nominated for a Golden Globe? Danny Huston is it? He plays the creepy-scary mob guy and is in the picture you posted - the guy with the cigar.

6. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    Cool, so it is coming back.

I didn't know he was nominated, he did a nice job in the show. Did you know his father is the legendary director John Huston, and his half sister is Anjelica?

7. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I didn't know that until the other day! My husband told me that. I think that the guy who plays Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire is part of the Huston dynasty as well - Jack Huston.
    [​IMG]

8. Missypooh RN

Missypooh RN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God, I can't WAIT for Mad Men!!!

I came to like it kind of late; maybe after the 2nd season or so, but I got caught up....

It's just SO great - the whole 60s thing - drinking at lunch or during work, no one worried about smoking killing you YET, the funky furniture and clothes... It's a lot of fun to watch..

Plus, John Hamm is Sexy as Hell.. so I'm there... :c

9. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Megan is annoying, though. Besides that I love the show. Can't wait

10. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Megan's bearly tolerable and since Don Draper is such a narcissistic sociopath, that relationship's not gonna last.

Don Draper might be a beautiful man, but he's rotten on the inside.

I can't wait to see how much Sally has grown up.

11. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Yea, but Don is really bending over backwards to make this relationship work. Megan ruined last season for me. Dare I say she made it jump the shark? Anyway, Sally is such a pretty little girl. I think she's a great character and a great little actress. Also, Jon Hamm has a big dong.
    [​IMG]

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    ^I'm not a size queen. :neener:

Does not impress me. :nocheer:

13. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

What did you think when he killed that crazy stalker woman in his room and kicked her under the bed? I thought, damn, how's he going to explain that one away??

Then it was just a fever dream.

14. king october

king october PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Goddamn - January Jones is the fucking WORST.

15. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    He'll lie. Duh. He's a sociopath. :doh:

16. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I think they just wanted to make her unlikable so when Don cheats on her we won't hate him for it.

I'm going to miss Megan's mom, though..................she stole the finale last season.

I think Whitey and Megan's mom are the real stars of the show. It seems like they have their own (superior) writers for their dialogue.

I can't remember the last memorable line uttered by anybody else on that show, and I care much more about their characters than I do Don. He's gonna bang a lot of chicks. We get it.

I'm so completely done with Peggy's character, too. She's a rootin'-tootin' go-getter in a male-dominated world. Again; we get it.

But no, I don't think the show has jumped the shark, but it's poised on the edge of the ramp. They're going to need to pull a rabbit out of the hat to keep it at the high level it's been cruising at.

tv has really been sucking lately: Once Upon a Time and Fringe are unwatchable, The Walking Dead isn't much better (we're 4 episodes into this season)......................American Horror Story has been the only thing worth watching lately, and it just ended. :(

17. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    It felt a bit gimmicky to me but I still like the show so much. Then Megan came.
    See, I think that she is perfect as Betty. I know she is shit in every other single thing she does. That criticism is deserved, but she is perfect as Betty.

18. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    exactly this

Hamm ain't exactly lightin' up Hollywood in anything else, either. He's not Jones-bad in anything else he's done, but he's not a great actor by any stretch.

He was born to play Don Draper, though, as Gandolfini was born to play Tony Soprano............................and not much else.

19. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :cheer: Kamie,,, I LOVE Mad Men TOO!!!
    I'm suprised Howard never watches the show..he's never discussed but Robin does!! Something tells me he watches with Beth but pretends he doesn't ;).

Anyway I agree that Megan will be GONE this season....she's horrible! I think Don will get back with Betty!
    I LOVE Peggy...can't wait to see if she left the agency and what happens to her....can't stand that fat ass office manager with the fake red wig...UGH! Her character is sooooo repulsive...so his her Huuuuuuuge fat ASS!
    LOVE Jon Hamm (Don who's really a Dick):p
    my favorite is Roger Sterling! LOVE HIM! I loved the episode when he did LSD with his young beautiful wife Jane...amazing show!

It's so unbelievable how the world has changed as far as "sexual harrassment" at work! These men smoke and drink all day at work....and the things they say to the female office clerks etc. is just outrageous!! Today you would be FIRED or arrested for the shit they say !!

Can't wait for the New Season :cheer::cheer::cheer:

peace & love

20. Scarfo

Scarfo New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Mmmm... Kiernan Shipka.

21. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I bailed on Fringe at the end of Season 2. I couldn't take it. My husband watched it till the bitter end, but he watches everything. I hold my nose and watch the Walking Dead. I keep hoping it's going to get as good as everyone says it really is. I must be missing something. The Governor is a fucking asshole. American Horror Story is really good TV. I must say that I credit Jessica Lange with really elevating the show to the "next level", as they say. She is a powerhouse. She also seems to be laying off the botox, which is a good thing.