Main reason for the demise of the Stern show?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BostonNick, May 26, 2015.

?

Show going to suck main reason

1. Beth (Beff)

30.3%
  2. Empty Jackie/Artie Chair

27.5%
  3. Old age

13.6%
  4. True colors finally showing

22.0%
  5. Move to Sirius

6.6%
  1. BostonNick

BostonNick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think its a combination of Howard always wanting to be in the "in" crowd to be able to hang with the cool kids and he finally got that - so now he will kiss ass all day to not lose that status.

Also he is old, so age maybe catching up right in front of us over the last 7-8 years

Marrying Beth also changed him, he wants to please her and secretly she is a bitch and hated all of the broads that woul come on the show - she probably was always giving him shit about it....I mean I could go on forever with Beth reasons.

Losing/letting Jackie go hurt the material on the show. Losing Artie was like losing the last edgy part of the show.

Interested in your thoughts.

2. Botox Barnacle

Botox Barnacle Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shortly after Artie left, I think there was a concentrated effort by him and Beth to get him into mainstream relevance, as with AGT. I bet they desperately wanted him to transition into a Larry King TV interview show situation.

It's just never panned out, as it is now too many years past his prime. The day that AGT is canceled is probably the last day we see Howard in some sort of mainstream outlet. That will be it for him.

3. Ta Ta Toothy

Ta Ta Toothy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    After his AGT gig ends, I can honestly see Howard and Don try to revive some lame 1970's game show like The Newlywed Game or The Dating Game with Stern as host. It will off course go down in flames. In fact I foresee any career move Howard makes from here on in to be a total failure. I look forward to watching. :D

4. PTRacing

PTRacing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beth and Artie leaving.

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As much as I would want to blame Beth, I think she is a more of a result of Howard's change rather than the cause. If Howard never met Beth, he would have ended up with a woman similar to Beth. Howard wanted a young model looking woman who would cater to his every need. Being rich and famous, he would have found another Beth like that.

I always said Howard is Patrick Dempsey from "Can't Buy Me Love". He was always the loser outcast that the cool kids ignored. Once he bought his way into the cool crowd, he became a bigger douche than the cool kids were. That is Howard in a nutshell. Once Howard got accepted by the Hollywood and Hampton crowd, the show was doomed.

I actually blame Jimmy Kimmel more than I blame Beth. Kimmel got him to be accepted by the Hollywood crowd. Once Jimmy came into Howard's life, that is when he became a shameless name dropper and became a bore.

6. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And he burned his bridges with his core audience and there is no coming back after that .

7. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    You can't go from doing a show 5 days a week to barely being on.

8. Bri7

Bri7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Because of what Howard became after Beth..

BeerCanThick, ARM and RONNIE THE CLAW like this.
  9. BostonNick

Reputations:
    If Sirius pays him again for this show in its current form, they are crazy and bad business people.

10. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I think Sirius is interested in having him back on a much reduced contract. But I think his days of making $80 million a year are long gone. Since Liberty Media has taken over, they are about streamlining costs. And I have read that Howard takes up about a 1/3 of their operating budget. I can't see that going forward.

The last regime were bad business people who paid big bucks for big names and got little return on their investment. The current regime knows that content, streamline budgets, and no flash names is how to keep Sirius profitable. I just don't think Howard is as important to their brand anymore.

11. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    He's the last of the dying breed. They have no one else to go too.

BeerCanThick likes this.
  12. BostonNick

Reputations:
    What do you guys think of a revamped show of Artie Fred Gary and Jackie? No Howard of course.

13. Rob0729

Reputations:
    And he has no where else to go. I think for the first time, someone else holds the edge in negotiations with Howard. Howard's popularity is dwindling and he doesn't have the drive to start somewhere else and try to rebuild an audience. This Whalerock thing looks more to be a concept than a real thing at this point.

14. 00steven

00steven Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is a perfect storm of the above. But let's face it, the guy is like fucking 70. He was bound to stop being funny at some point.

15. Botox Barnacle

Botox Barnacle Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius is also the last of a dying breed. When new cars are being outfitted with WIFI and Pandora type Apps, who needs satellite anymore?

16. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He always wanted to be excepted by Hollywood. You can't be making fun of people and have The Beautiful Beth O. being invited to A list parties.
    Being PC makes it hard to put on a good show. Talking about Kittens and gay rights is what the show has become.

17. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    Combination of PC Howie, Invisible behind pay-walls, Beth, old age, Hollywood acceptance

Example: Once Letterman decided he was to old to perform on segments outside of the studio, it was just another talk show.....zzzzzz

18. RONNIE THE CLAW

RONNIE THE CLAW Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

BeerCanThick and BostonNick like this.
  19. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Cant blame Beff for what wiggy does.
    He just got lazy wealthy and tired of the show so he doesnt even have to try anymore.

20. BostonNick

Reputations:
    he is so fucking furious at this company who paid him $500 million with a huge bonus in the first few months, for not paying him even more money as an extra bonus for during the merger with xm radio

THIS