News Maine governor suggests bringing back guillotine for public executions

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Tim, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    Maine governor suggests bringing back guillotine

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) on Tuesday suggested bringing back the guillotine as he argued for harsher penalties for drug traffickers his state is battling.

"I think the death penalty should be appropriate for people that kill Mainers," LePage said Tuesday during a radio interview on WVOM. "I'm all in."

LePage also suggested lethal injections, saying: "Actually, if you want my honest opinion, we should give them an injection of the stuff they sell."

"What I think we ought to do is bring the guillotine back," LePage quipped later, unprompted, as the radio hosts offered tempered laughs. "We could have public executions."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...aine-governor-floats-bringing-back-guillotine

2. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    That guy is a pisser. Who'da thunk that Maine could bring some crazy to the table.

3. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Mainers

I've never thought about it
    but I guess that's what you would call them

Mainers

seems fucking strange

I just recalled
    he's the guy who got pissy because all the white girls in maine are druggy sluts who fuck reggies
    he's fun

4. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Well, at least he gave everyone a heads-up.

Tim and regult like this.
  5. regult

regult 4 Goals...

Reputations:
    I'd settle for a pit just so I can hear an old woman say this:

Bread included.

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  6. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I'd like to see identity thieves get the medieval torture routine live on the internet.

7. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Both Linda Lavin and Erin Andrews are from Maine. Fun fact.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HypocriteHowie likes this.
  8. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There was a neurologist in France during the revolution. One of his clerks were sentenced to the guillotine. He asked the guy to keep blinking once they cut off his head to see how long he was conscious for. The clerk was able to continue to blink for close to 10 seconds after his head came off - meaning he was conscious and aware. Fucked up way to die.

9. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did he check to see if of all the other beheaded people blinked for a period of time after too? He needs a control group or I'm calling bullshit.

Ynnek4, Howchilla, BrerJimmy and 2 others like this.
  10. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love Maine. ... Bar Harbor representing for all the gangsters

Gusbuss likes this.
  11. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why not? Lethal injection always seemed far too clinical to me. Why medicalise it? The doctor should only be involved to pronounce death.Iam sure it throws up some ethical issues,at least it does with me . I would give them a choice between hanging or a firing squad. And it should be done without an audience, no press ,no relatives of the victim, and the scum shouldn't be on death row for decades either. 5 years max. one appeal.

MadWoman777 likes this.
  12. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Went to Maine for the first time last week and fell in love with it. Public executions would only be icing on the cake.

Mike Huntslooce, yaddc and Tim like this.
  13. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oppppps sorry we got the wrong guy

Gusbuss likes this.
  14. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck Canada.

15. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The guy obviously didn't read his history. The guillotine was quickly turned on those in power.

16. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I think he's talking about the Undertakers Guillotine leg drop

17. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THE HISTORY OF MIKE THE HEADLESS CHICKEN

September 10th, 1945
    finds a strapping (but tender) young rooster pecking through the dust of Fruita, Colorado. The unsuspecting bird had never looked so delicious as he did that, now famous, day. Clara Olsen was planning on featuring the plump chicken in the evening meal. Husband Lloyd Olsen was sent out, on a very routine mission, to prepare the designated fryer for the pan. Nothing about this task turned out to be routine. Lloyd knew his mother-in-law would be dining with them and would savor the neck. He positioned his ax precisely, estimating just the right tolerances, to leave a generous neck bone. "It was as important to suck-up to your mother-in-law in the 40's as it is today." A skillful blow was executed and the chicken staggered around like most freshly terminated poultry.

Then the determined bird shook off the traumatic event and never looked back. Mike (it is unclear when the famous rooster took on the name) returned to his job of being a chicken. He pecked for food and preened his feathers just like the rest of his barnyard buddies.

[​IMG]When Olsen found Mike the next morning, sleeping with his "head" under his wing, he decided that if Mike had that much will to live, he would figure out a way to feed and water him. With an eyedropper Mike was given grain and water. It was becoming obvious that Mike was special. A week into Mike's new life Olsen packed him up and took him 250 miles to the University of Utah in Salt Lake City . The skeptical scientists were eager to answer all the questions regarding Mike's amazing ability to survive with no head. It was determined that ax blade had missed the jugular vein and a clot had prevented Mike from bleeding to death. Although most of his head was in a jar, most of his brain stem and one ear was left on his body. Since most of a chicken's reflex actions are controlled by the brain stem Mike was able to remain quite healthy.

[​IMG]In the 18 MONTHS that Mike lived as "The Headless Wonder Chicken"he grew from a mere 2 1/2 lbs. to nearly 8 lbs. In an interview, Olsen said Mike was a "robust chicken - a fine specimen of a chicken except for not having a head." Miracle Mike took on a manager, and with the Olsens in tow, set out on a national tour. Curious sideshow patrons in New York , Atlantic City , Los Angeles , and San Diego lined up to pay 25 cents to see Mike. The "Wonder Chicken" was valued at $10,000 and insured for the same. His fame and fortune would earn him recognition in Life and Time Magazines. It goes without saying there was a Guinness World Record in all this. While returning from one of these road trips the Olsens stopped at a motel in the Arizona desert. In the middle of the night Mike began to choke. Unable to find the eyedropper used to clear Mike's open esophagus Miracle Mike passed on.

http://www.miketheheadlesschicken.org/history

18. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The eighth amendment to the US Constitution uses the words "cruel and unusual punishment". (emphasis is mine). So to my way of thinking if a punishment was not unusual, everyone who committed the crime got the punishment, whatever it is, then it could be cruel. A woman rapes a man, her vagina is removed. A woman kills her child, she is killed in the same way. A woman poisons someone, she is poisoned. A woman steals something, her non-dominant hand is removed the first time, the other one the second time.

19. Awesome X

Awesome X Member

Reputations:
    Whens the last time we had a good ole fashion burning at the stake?

20. regult

regult 4 Goals...

Reputations:
    Damn Clean Air Act...