Major agency signs Dice because of Blue Jasmine

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by EndOfLine, Jul 30, 2013.

1. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    How long before Howard starts shitting on him?

Resolution Signs Andrew Dice Clay Off ‘Blue Jasmine’ Performance

EXCLUSIVE: Hot off an acclaimed performance in Woody Allen’s new film Blue Jasmine, Andrew Dice Clay has signed with Resolution. The agency will try to help him capitalize on a surprise breakout performance in Jasmine, which this past weekend had the biggest opening per-screen average of Allen’s career. While Clay stars opposite strong thesps Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Sally Hawkins, Peter Sarsgaard and Bobby Cannavale, critics have been singling him out for praise for his performance as a working stiff ruined by a white-collar crook. Clay showed acting promise early on in his stint on Michael Mann’s Crime Story TV series opposite the late Dennis Farina, but all that got overshadowed when his stand-up act began selling out stadiums. Clay most recently played himself in a story arc in the final season of HBO’s Entourage. It was that work that inspired Allen to cast him in Blue Jasmine. Clay is managed by Bruce Rubenstein.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/resolution-signs-andrew-dice-clay-off-blue-jasmine-performance/

2. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    More like trying to take credit.

"I swear, I'm cursed, Robin. Everyone thinks they can use the show as a springboard. WHERES MY SPRINGBOARD?"