Man breaks arm during charity arm wtestling

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Australian rugby player breaks arm in televised arm wrestling contest
    BY Joel Landau

This arm wrestling match was so intense one of the participants had to be hospitalized.

A former professional rugby player suffered a serious injury during a charity arm wrestling contest broadcast live in Australia Thursday.

The footage shows Ben Ross' right arm snap back during the intense contest and he fell to his knees in pain. A large popping sound was very audible and his opponent Wendell Sailor shows immediate concern for Ross as the episode of "The NRL Footy Show" went to commercial.

The show stated Ross broke the humerus bone, which spans from the shoulder to the elbow, on its Facebook page. He was taken to a hospital and is doing well despite the freak accident, the show reported.

"He has been in remarkably good spirits all night and is already asking for a left handed rematch!" the show said.

Previous Next
    A charity arm wrestling contest broadcast on Australian television ended with a serious injury.
    The two muscular competitors were former athletes in the National Rugby League and made the finals of the charity "Iron Arm Challenge."

Who would have thought arm wrestling could be as dangerous as rugby?

2. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
  3. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    If he dies, he dies

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    When I was in high school, while arm wrestling, my muscle made a partial tear of the bone and ligament at the ball there at the ulnar nerve. All I heard was a loud zip sound, luckily it wasn't a complete tear away, then it would have required reconstruction. Because it was still attached, they twisted my arm and sealed it in a temp cast for a week, after that week they saw it had relaxed and closed on it's own and started to heal. So I had to wear a full cast the entire summer. To this day, the nerve will move out on position and pinch constantly for a few days, especially after long bike rides. It'll feel like someone is tapping your funny bone constantly with a hammer. :banghead:

[​IMG]

5. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "The Footy Show."
    Really?

6. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    Goldblum did it best.

[​IMG]

cg256 likes this.