man continues to eat oatmeal as cop repeatedly knocks on window

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by NJBorn, May 28, 2015.

1. NJBorn

NJBorn Active Member

Reputations:
  2. yahoo

yahoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not sure what's happening here or the context, but I kinda like the guy in the car.

3. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I do have have a tendency to side with the cop but I'm not sure why he was playing around with this dude. Did they have issues in that parking lot? Was it a high crime area?

JameGumb likes this.
  4. N Copter

Reputations:
    In general I will side with freedom over all else. With what we see ONLY in this video I have to wonder why they were hassling him.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Droog and smichal like this.
  5. Howards Slow Toilet

Howards Slow Toilet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The cop said that he could of ate 2 pop tarts in that time frame and Oatmeal is considered Loitering !!!!:wd:

smichal likes this.
  6. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That cop has pretty good rhythm.

stash likes this.
  7. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    And some wonder why cops get rough with these people.......

SternsEgo and Limo Wreck like this.
  8. N Copter

Reputations:
    Very pro cop here in general but I don't know what this dude did. That cop isn't some all powerful God on the street. He is a citizen just like the guy in the car. From what we saw on that vid (not a lawyer or cop here) I'm not sure what that black guy did to be hassled. He was chilling in his car in the dark.....why was he bothered?

Droog likes this.
  9. Slow

Slow All The Pieces Matter DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Don't know the back story but could be a heavy drug or prostitution area. It's dumb but sleeping in your car is actually illegal in a lot of areas and doing it in a hotel lot is loitering and I could see the front desk guy being nervous about that dude chilling in his lot all night.

The cop is doing his job and exhibiting a ton of patience. If you have nothing to hide you give your id and explain your actions in a respectful manner and the cop leaves you alone.

Why be a dick?

Having said that, the guy in the car is pretty funny.

WHTHS, mattzane227 and Droog like this.
  10. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That cop handled it perfectly. He never lost his cool, kept up a good rythm on that door, and made sure to never infringe on the guys rights in a way that is going to cause a city to burn down. When he realized that the guy was not going to do something that would give them cause, they backed off and kept an eye on the situation to make sure nothing did happen. The dude in the car also knew his rights, kept his cool (relatively speaking considering he was having his balls busted after coming back from a resturant with a cup of oatmeal ostensibly for being black it seems) and never gave the cops a real reason to become unreasonable. The man ended up having a valid reason to be there, and it looks like they both walked away without incident.

Either that or the cop couldnt enter the car without permission cuz he's really a vampire, I dunno. But I'd love to have those 2 guys patrolling my neighborhood.

AllAboutHim Ed, mattzane227 and Droog like this.
  11. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    :artiejj:

Alisonsbankacct and crazycreep like this.
  12. N Copter

Reputations:
    We don't know the back story. That is why I'm saying working only off what we see I'm not sure the cop is bugging him. Maybe the officer has some reason. I can only comment on what we see.

13. IPrankNoOneElse

IPrankNoOneElse Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dat oatmeal

14. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    @DryOatmeal

15. IPrankNoOneElse

IPrankNoOneElse Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jesus Christ the guy knockin must be slightly insane. The constant knocking is SO annoying

16. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

17. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    If that were in NC his ass is in violation of his concealed carry permit by not telling the officer he was carrying and where it was at.

18. Bob barker

Bob barker Active Member

Reputations:
    I made it through my whole adolescents, 4 years of undergrad, 3 years of grad school and 9 years 364 days of being married without being arrested. On my 10th wedding anniversary I had car service driver (uber black) claim that my wife threw up in his car.

She did not. I did not. We where "buzzed" but not drunk. We both have way to much to lose and always take a car if we have more than 2 drinks. He over estimated the situation and demanded a $250 cleaning fee for his car. (my wife spilt a smidgen of ice cream that was wiped a way with a towel) He claimed it was vomit. I told him to fuck off, and we went to the house and to bed.

He called the police. They showed up BANGING on my front door at 1 AM. (1.5 hrs after he dropped us off). I answer in my boxers, as I was dead asleep. Young buzz cut marine cop asks me to come outside. I tell him to fuck off, (i was pissed). He proceeded to step into my house, grab me by the back of my neck, pull me outside and throw me in cuffs. The charge was theft of service.

I have a fairly nice security system with cameras everywhere. Including my living room, front door and lighted front porch. After hearing this, they called their sergeant. They knew they fucked up. I am on our HOA board and our off duty cop who does security in our neighborhood rolls up. They knew they had no right to pull me out of my house or to step inside my house. I explain what happened. They inspected the uber car and found no mess, and I showed them the video (which streams on my phone) of them pulling me out of my house. They could not have been more apologetic. Let's just say anything short of me killing someone during a DUI and I will probably walk. They said they sighted the UBER driver for false report (I am 100% positive the DIDNT). They un cuffed me, no charges and apologized for ruining our evening.

Lessons I learned from this situation are as follows.
    -Middle Eastern Uber drivers can suck my dick, lying thieving fuckers.
    -I could have easily diffused the situation by not telling the cop to "fuck off" when he asked me to come out side. I should have said, "I know my rights, and I am not coming outside, contact .......... Attorney with further questions."
    - Cops have no idea of laws and the constitution. 99% of the time if I heard someone banging that hard on my door I would have had a pistol behind my back as I looked through the side windows. I saw the red and blues flashing and put it back on my night stand. If he would have saw me approach the door with a gun (my right) he could have freaked and shot me through the door.
    -This happened in a really nice (gated) suburban neighborhood to a white couple
    I can only imagine if I was black. I would have been tasered, shot and dragged out of my house with a planted handgun in my pocket.
    - Our police state mentality has to change. All of these fuckers make no money, and carry a huge chip on their shoulder. Who the fuck wants to be a police officer? People with huge egos that have been shit on their entire life and now have a bit of power.

The end.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  19. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    The Permits vary too. Mine is pretty much a laminated sheet of paper with a seal and some numbers on it signed by me and the Sheriff, no photo and no DL number. No way it will pass as proper ID.

20. Bob barker

Bob barker Active Member

Reputations:
    Got ya, In TX they look like a complete driver's license. Photo and all.

Limo Wreck likes this.