News Man evicted from hotel to make room for Rapefugees

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dave Jones, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Dave Jones

Dave Jones Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Man evicted from hotel has ‘no place to go’
    Long-term tenants Garnet Fulton and his family are being evicted as a North York hotel welcomes Syrian refugees whose rooms were booked last month.

[​IMG]

Garnet Fulton, 53, is scrambling to find a place to live now that he's being kicked out of the Toronto Plaza Hotel to make way for arriving refugees.
    By: Alex Ballingall News, Published on Wed Jan 27 2016

It’s not like Garnet Fulton had everything figured out before the hotel manager gave him the eviction notice. He recently survived a heart attack, can only work the odd shift as a security guard and is making ends meet on government assistance.
    But now he has a lot more to worry about.
    “We have no place to go,” he said over the phone from his third-floor room at the Toronto Plaza Hotel, which sits in a broad parking lot off Wilson Ave., near the intersection of Highways 400 and 401. Fulton has been living there with his girlfriend and their two-year-old son, Baron, since last October, when they were kicked out of their Mississauga apartment after the building was deemed to have too many tenants, he said.
    Last weekend, he was told by hotel management that he’d have to pack up and leave again — the same week the federal government is putting up hundreds of newly landed Syrian refugees in the Plaza. Fulton isn’t the only long-term hotel tenant being asked to leave. The hotel manager told the Star there are about 15 rooms for long-term stays that are being emptied out.
    Fulton said he was initially told he and his family had to leave by Friday, but he’s pushing Plaza staff to let him stay until Monday at least. Fulton pays $1,200 a month for his hotel room. His biggest worry now is having “no food, no shelter, no nothing,” he said.
    “What it does to me is, they didn’t give us notice,” said Fulton, 53. “Just basically, ‘Get out.’ ”
    COSTI Immigration Services was contracted by the government to sort out temporary accommodations for newly arrived refugees in the GTA. Mary Celluci, COSTI spokesperson, said the group booked 150 rooms in the hotel back in December. She said they “didn’t expect” that anyone would be inconvenienced by the refugees’ arrival.
    Rehan Chaudary is the owner and manager of the hotel. He flatly denied that the arrival of Syrian refugees has anything to do with Fulton and other long-term tenants being asked to leave. Instead, Chaudary said the decision was made months ago to gradually wind down the hotel’s experiment with long-term stays, which once comprised 80 of the Plaza’s 200 rooms. Hotel staff will help Fulton and others land new apartments; some of them have also been trained as cooks or housekeepers at the Plaza, he said.
    “This was so blown out of proportion. It’s ridiculous,” Chaudary said, commenting on the media attention his hotel has received.
    “We’re not throwing anybody onto the street, and we’re not going to. We’ve been taking people off the street… And if you need more time, we’ll give you more time.”
    Fulton, meanwhile, said he welcomes the arrival of people fleeing violence and poverty in other parts of the world, but that he feels the plight of some Canadians shouldn’t be overlooked in the process.
    “It hurts,” he said. “Why did this Trudeau guy do this when there’s homeless out there they could’ve helped, there’s needy people he could’ve helped, but he brought people over and — why don’t they start from the ground up?”
    Though he’s not sure yet what he’ll do or where he’ll go, Fulton said he’s willing to work as much as he can to find a place to stay with his family.
    “I’ll sweep floors, I’ll do anything,” he said. “I push myself, OK? I had a heart attack. Two weeks later I was riding a bike. I’m a fighter

2. Notfunorfunny

Notfunorfunny I Can Pull It

Reputations:
    They should flat out fight the Syrians for the rooms and protest everyday. Don't let elitists piss on you.

3. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    Well they're guests. Come on, gotta show some hospitality

babybear likes this.
  5. FrstTimeLngTme

FrstTimeLngTme Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can't wait to hear in a few months how the Toronto Plaza Hotel has been set ablaze after numerous reported rapes and riots.

6. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

NyMarkNy likes this.
  7. SlipperyVic

SlipperyVic In Gord We Trust Gold

Reputations:
    babybear likes this.
  8. Dave Jones

Reputations:
    babybear likes this.
  9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Get the fuck out make way for paying customers

babybear likes this.
  10. AbeVigoda

AbeVigoda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

babybear likes this.
  11. Dave Jones

Reputations:
    Where the Somali book?

larryluncg and AbeVigoda like this.
  12. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    "Canadian Liberal leader Justin Trudeau won in a dramatic election that unseated Conservative Stephen Harper after nearly a decade as prime minister.

The son of former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau promised "sunny ways" for Canadians during his victory speech.

He has had a busy first 10 weeks in office:

• The environment: Attended Paris climate conference and pledged a framework focusing on reducing emissions targets within 90 days
    • Gender parity: Appointed women to 15 positions in his cabinet. Asked why, he said, "Because it's 2015"
    • Syrian refugees: Pledged to bring 25,000 refugees to Canada by the end of 2015 but later pushed date to February 2016, because of logistical issues and stymied by the 13 November terror attacks in Paris"
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35238732

babybear likes this.
  13. Dave Jones

Reputations:
    Our new PM loves Muzlims

[​IMG]

1Vegasgirl and babybear like this.
  14. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah we're fucked. They just keep bringing plane loads even though they have no where to put these sand folk. They've over run all the private refugee centers just to meet their stupid goal of 25000. I heard one place say they can only handle a few people a day but were being sent hundreds.

15. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It's really getting to be a shithole, Im out of here in ten years.

16. rahboni

rahboni Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My GF cleans a hotel weekends where they're being put up in the GTA. The stories she brings back about their antics are funny yet unnerving. She says she feels safe....but I would be complaining to management at least over some of the goings on.