Man Faces Possibility of Life In Jail For Recording Police

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by GSD, Sep 1, 2011.

1. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    http://www.infowars.com/man-faces-life-in-jail-for-recording-police/

41-year old Illinois mechanic Michael Allison faces life in jail for recording police officers after authorities hit him with eavesdropping charges based on the hoax that it is illegal to film cops, a misnomer that has been disproved by every other case against people filming police officers being thrown out of court.

The state of Illinois is trying to charge Allison with five counts of wiretapping, each punishable by four to 15 years in prison.

Allison refused a plea deal which would have seen him serve no jail time but would reinforce the hoax that it is illegal to film police officers, as well as acting as a chilling effect to prevent other Americans from filming cases of police brutality.

Allison has chosen to reject the plea bargain and fight to clear his name via a jury trial, arguing, “If we don’t fight for our freedoms here at home we’re all going to lose them.”

A judge is expected to rule on when the case will go to trial over the next two weeks.

2. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    If it's a hoax, there's no risk of prison, right? :dontknow:

3. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:

Sadly yes, every time one of these disgusting cases is tried there is always the chance. Police & DA's all over the US try this shit to intimidate people and stop them from exercising their rights

copblock.org

4. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Before I can comment on this I would like to read a less biased article. Every article I find about this is an infowar, anti cop or conspiracy site. One I read hinted it was that he recorded a court hearing on his mother's car being confiscated that got him arrested for the charge and not recording the police taking the car.

Why I'm skeptical is it would be all over the news, the news here, I live right by where this happened. The news around here is never afraid to make the cops look bad, this would be a great sensational story for them.

5. GSD

GSD Active Member

Reputations:
    Even if it is hyped it should be easy enough to find out the facts especially if it goes to trial.

The links to other similar cases shows just a few of too many I've read where this stuff does happen.

6. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What I'm saying is the only "facts" I can find are from conspiracy, anti establishment and anarchy sites. I'm not doubting the arrest happened and he was offered to be let go, still doubting he will get the full term if he gets any but it appears he was arrested for sneaking a recorder in a hearing. Which is against the law, clearly stated you have to get permission before any type of hearing can be recorded.

This seems the guy did do something wrong, the conspiracy sites are using the "four to fifteen for every count" to make the story better and more sensationalized.

Did you know if I poked your chest with my index finger in a threatening manner and you had me arrested for simple battery it is punishable by up to one year in jail? Of course it would never happen unless you were maybe a habitual and they were going to prosecute you to the fullest.

Regardless I bet the guy gets probation for recording a hearing, where it clearly states no recording devices and then these sites will either stop talking about it or they will have to save face and say how he COULD have faced life....yada yada.

You can make yourself crazy if you keep reading those sites. It's funny how they can leave key parts of a story out to sensationalize it.

7. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    God I hope Brandi's tits are real. :pray:
    [​IMG]

Let me hold those for you...
    [​IMG]

8. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
  9. Sally B

Sally B New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    A couple of great cop videos from the last week.

Here's a news story about the original topic of this thread. Unfuckingbelievable. We are living in a police state, have been for decades now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014