Man holding up in crane at Texas college says he's armed

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by gwartney, May 28, 2012.

1. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    *** UPDATE *** Man holding up in crane at Texas college says he's armed **UPDATE**

UPDATE!! :) New Splatter mark on SMU Campus

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/05/28/robbery-suspect-climbs-crane-at-smu-threatens-police/

Suspect Atop Crane Falls To Death After Daylong Standoff

...Around 9:30 Monday evening, the man started throwing items from inside the crane’s cab. It is unclear what the items were. As time passed, the items grew larger, and included a box and the cab’s fire extinguisher.

Then, just before 2 Tuesday morning, the man himself fell out of the cab.

A CBS 11 photojournalist on the scene said Dallas Police officers climbed the tower early Tuesday in an attempt to reach the suspect. As officers approached, the man began spraying something from a bottle at the officers.

Eventually, the man tossed the spray can out of the side window, then climbed out the front of the cab, falling to his death while attempting to move to the side of the cab.

Although the man had claimed to have a weapon, officers on scene said the man never showed a gun, and it appears the man never had one.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57442521/man-in-crane-at-texas-college-says-hes-armed/

Dude is in one of those huge cranes about 100' up in the air and has been since 11:30 this morning.

(CBS/AP) UNIVERSITY PARK, Texas - Police waited late into the night Monday for a man holed up in a crane cab on the Southern Methodist University campus to surrender and descend to earth.

The man spent a sweltering afternoon on the crane that towers over the campus in University Park, a posh north Dallas enclave, after he told officers he was armed and threatened to shoot anyone who approached him.

Special tactics officers from the Dallas Police Department were working with SMU campus police to manage the scene and try to talk the man down from the crane. No injuries had been reported.

Dallas police Senior Cpl. Melinda Gutierrez said campus police "did call us about a person who had climbed up into the crane who was possibly armed with a handgun. At this time, we are not confirming that he does have a handgun."

The person on the crane had a radio, Gutierrez said, but she did not know if the person was communicating with police on the ground. She said police were attempting to establish radio contact. Gutierrez declined to say if police knew the man's identity.

The situation was first reported about 11:30 a.m. Monday.........

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  2. PLZ callmeTED

PLZ callmeTED National Treasure Gold

Reputations:
    Why don't the fuzz just shoot him and get it over with?

3. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Shit Mult Hunter

Reputations:
  4. idiotbox

idiotbox Looking for a dime and found a quarter. VIP

Reputations:
    i have two arms, fuck him.

5. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    its this crazy heat i tells yas

6. gwartney

Reputations:
    It's on the SMU campus and school is out right now so I guess they are going to wait him out. It was hotter than fuck today. They showed him taking his shirt off. I think he took some bottled water up with him. He won't last long after his water runs out.

7. PLZ callmeTED

Reputations:
    A bullet in the ass will bring it to a hault a lot faster than waiting for his water to run out.

8. Harry Gibbs

Harry Gibbs the boss of all men

Reputations:
    holing, not holding.

9. gwartney

Reputations:
    If you shot the bastard, then you have to deal with a dead guy in a little cab about 100' up in the air. Sounds like a pain in the ass all around. They are making it unpleasant on him. They have a spotlight about as powerful as the sun pointed right at him. I think people would go nuts if they killed a guy that wasn't posing any danger. I wonder what kind of range those tear gas guns have?

10. gwartney

Reputations:
    I knew that didn't sound right.

11. PLZ callmeTED

Reputations:
    Oh.

Maybe they could fly a helicopter next to him and wait for him to open fire first.

12. gwartney

Reputations:
    Aren't those big cranes tethered to the ground? I think they ought to run a truck against one of the tethers and shake the shit out of the crane.

13. PLZ callmeTED

Reputations:
    That's the spirit. :2up:

14. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    That's a long way to climb. The guy must have ape strength.

15. gwartney

Reputations:
    UPDATE!! :) New Splatter mark on SMU Campus

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/05/28/robbery-suspect-climbs-crane-at-smu-threatens-police/

Suspect Atop Crane Falls To Death After Daylong Standoff

...Around 9:30 Monday evening, the man started throwing items from inside the crane’s cab. It is unclear what the items were. As time passed, the items grew larger, and included a box and the cab’s fire extinguisher.

Then, just before 2 Tuesday morning, the man himself fell out of the cab.

A CBS 11 photojournalist on the scene said Dallas Police officers climbed the tower early Tuesday in an attempt to reach the suspect. As officers approached, the man began spraying something from a bottle at the officers.

Eventually, the man tossed the spray can out of the side window, then climbed out the front of the cab, falling to his death while attempting to move to the side of the cab.

Although the man had claimed to have a weapon, officers on scene said the man never showed a gun, and it appears the man never had one.....

16. StrokeBalla

StrokeBalla Member

Reputations:
    I think he was getting more and more delirious from the heat during the day. Safe to say this was a case of increasingly bad decisions on his part.

17. Ridic Too2

Ridic Too2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    His family will probably sue the police, crane company and university for some sort of wrongful death.

And WIN. :facepalm:

18. nserafini

nserafini Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everything in texas is bigger, even the splatter mark

19. StrokeBalla

StrokeBalla Member

Reputations:
    Right. Guy's not "holding up" at all well now :)

Probably un-armed as well.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  20. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    in the good old days, i'd take a rifle, he'd be down and we'd go to lunch. now i'm sure somebody will sue somebody because this filth am daid! i like dead filth. :dance: