Man Stuck In Windshield Recalls Bizarre Crash

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Lou Skunt, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    MANITOWOC — “God is good. He had his hands on me that day,†said Steven Gove of Manitowoc, the newspaper carrier who escaped serious injury after he was stuck in the windshield of a moving vehicle that hit him Saturday night.

“I’m just happy to be alive,†said Gove on Monday as he recalled the bizarre hit-and-run crash at the intersection of Marshall and South 16th streets.

Police arrested a 20-year-old Manitowoc man who was allegedly intoxicated when he hit Gove as he was riding his three-wheeled bike.

“I was wearing my blue overcoat with my neon reflective vest. I had my front and rear flashers on. I have no idea why he didn’t see me,†said Gove, who had visible scratches to his face from going through the windshield.

Gove said he was returning home from delivering 275 Lakeshore Chronicles, when the next thing he knew he was upside down in the car.

“I was conscious for the whole time,†Gove said.

“Everything was in the car except for my knees and feet. I turned to him and said, ‘Hello, I’m the guy you hit on the bicycle,’†he said. “I had no idea at all why he wasn’t acknowledging me.â€

The driver continued east on Marshall Street, ran a stop sign at South 14th Street, crashed into a vehicle and kept going, according to the Manitowoc Police Department.

Gove, 56, said he was planning to see his lawyer about the crash.

“I’m starting to get nauseous and a little dizzy when I get up. I’ve had a headache ever since I went through the windshield. The nausea and dizziness just started today,†he said.

He harbors no ill will against the driver, however, Gove said.

“I have no malice toward him,†he said. “I hope he can get his life straightened out. He’s a young man. He deserves a second chance.â€

The driver finally noticed Gove after he stopped at his residence in the 1100 block of South 13th Street.

“He looked at me and said ‘Who are you? What are you doing in the car?’†Gove said. “He started freaking out: ‘I’m going to jail, I’m going to jail.’â€

After the driver locked the car doors and went home, Gove was able to pull himself into the car.

Link to article with video.
    Man-stuck-windshield-recalls-bizarre-crash-video-photos-story

[​IMG]

2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Wonderful human beings out there. They care about the planet, you know.

3. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Wasn't that in Creepshow 2?

4. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I saw a movie that was similarly based on this premise. It was pretty good.

5. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    The gentleman that was struck was much nicer than I would have been.

6. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    This has happened before, where the woman driver got out of her car, went inside, and let a guy die as he pleaded for her to get help.

7. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, it went on for quite awhile, she had the car parked in the garage and he was alive stuck in the windshield. She eventually bragged about it at a party, I think.

8. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    Exactly what I thought when I saw this on my local news. There was also another victim in that case IIRC that was paralyzed.

9. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Texas Woman Hits Man With Car, Leaves Him to Die in Her Garage
    Nurse's aide Chante Jawan Mallard, 27, of Fort Worth, Texas, is finally on trial for first-degree murder. Mallard's car hit Gregory Biggs, 37, so hard that his upper body lodged into her windshield and his legs were thrown up over the roof of the car.

She drove a mile down the highway, then through town to her house, where she parked the car in the garage, closed the garage door, and let the man bleed to death. The County Medical Examiner says Biggs could have lived if he'd had medical attention.

The police report says, "Chante kept going in and out of the garage telling the man she was sorry. She does not know how long it took the man to die she quit going out into the garage." Mallard's speaking of the incident at a party lead to her arrest.

Apparently, this happens a lot. While searching for the story above I found the ones below plus three more that I didn't bother to add.

Drunk California woman hits pedestrian, drives 2 miles with dying man stuck in windshield
    A Southern California woman suspected of driving drunk after work hit a pedestrian in Torrance and drove more than two miles with the dying victim stuck in her windshield, police said today.
    The man died later at a hospital, Torrance police Sgt. Robert Watt said.

Sherri Wilkins, 51, of Torrance apparently panicked when she struck the man at 11:25 p.m. Saturday on Torrance Boulevard near Madrid Avenue.

Woman Drives Home With Body In Windshield
    A Japanese woman who drove home with the body of an 80-year-old pedestrian lodged in her windshield has been arrested on charges of causing a deadly traffic accident and fleeing the scene, police said Monday.

10. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    Moral of the story...fuck it we are all doomed.

11. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    Moral of the story. If you're drunk, don't walk home, drive!

12. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Any adult who rides a three wheel bike deserves to be hit

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  13. Funkadelic73

Funkadelic73 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;hzHKKo1oKD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHKKo1oKD0[/video]

14. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    :jj:
    The "victim" has to be mentally challenged right? I mean come on. If you are stuck in the windshield are you really going to ride there calmly until the drunk gets all the way home?

15. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish The Slow Adult VIP

Reputations:
    Reading the guy's quotes, all I could think of was, "Fuckin' way she goes, boys. Fuckin' way she goes." Surprised to see this wasn't a Canadian story.

16. Lou Skunt

Reputations:
    Trailer Park Boys, :jj: