News Man Wielding Guns, Machete Shot Dead at Pennsylvania Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Dec 13, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. – Authorities say a man with a weapon threatening customers at a northeastern Pennsylvania Walmart has been shot and killed by police.

Pennsylvania State Police say Sunday that 20-year-old Andrew Joseph Todd, of Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania, was shot when he refused officers' orders to drop his weapon inside the Walmart late Saturday.

Police were dispatched to the store shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday on reports of an armed man threatening and pointing a weapon at customers. Officials say about 100 people were in the store at the time.

State police say officers ordered Todd to drop his weapon. He refused and continued to point it at officers. Police then fired at Todd, striking him in the upper chest. Todd was transported to Pocono Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead by the Monroe County coroner.

State police say no customers or officers were injured.

The Pocono Record reports Todd was carrying two guns and a machete.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/1...s-machete-is-shot-killed-at-pennsylvania-wal/

2. dawg

Reputations:
    More detailed article.

Andrew Joseph Todd, 20, of Mount Bethel, armed with two handguns and a machete was shot and killed inside the East Stroudsburg Walmart on Saturday night, according to state police.

Todd entered the Walmart, on Lincoln Avenue, at 10:11 p.m. and began threatening customers and pointing a gun at them, witnesses told state police.

Stroud Area Regional Police arrived minutes later and ordered Todd to drop his weapons. After he refused, SARP officers fired at the man, striking him in the upper chest. Police then did first aid on the man until EMS responded and took him to Pocono Medical Center where Monroe County Coroner Robert Allen pronounced him dead.

State police said that no officers or customers were injured in the incident.

At a 4:30 a.m. press conference at Stroud Area Regional Police headquarters in East Stroudsburg, State Police Lt. Robert Bartel said the identity of the man would not be released until next of kin had been notified. At about 7:30 a.m. Sunday, his name was released.

Bartel said that there were more than 100 customers in the store at the time of incident.

James Felz and his family were in the layaway area of the store by the garden section when they heard people shouting and three shots fired.

"They were calling names, like they were looking to find their families," the East Stroudsburg man said.

Felz turned to look and saw a man with a black handgun in his left hand and a machete in his right walking down the last aisle.

"He was walking away from us down the aisle holding the gun to his head. He threw a backpack he was carrying to the side. Then he got to the end of the aisle, he turned right and pointed the gun, like around the corner. I heard a click, like a misfire or a BB gun go off," Felz said.

At that point, heavily armed officers from the Stroud Area Regional Police "carrying shotguns with shells across their chests," rushed into the store while everyone else rushed out, the witness said. Police evacuated people from the store.

Felz described the man as a white male, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, wearing a black baseball hat, a black bandanna over his face and a black shirt and jeans.

Chris Torino of Stroudsburg was also in the layaway area of the store when the yelling began. He heard a boy shout, "he has a gun and a knife."

John Bruno, 45, and his wife Jessica of Stroudsburg were in the toy aisle where dinosaurs and Star Wars-themed toys are displayed, along with another shopping couple whom they did not know.

Bruno heard a man say, “Get the (expletive) out,” and looked up to see a man with handguns in each hand, a bandana covering his face, and a machete hanging off his belt.

The gunman was standing near the man from the other couple, and Bruno first thought he was part of their party and had picked up the toy guns to joke around.

“I did not believe he was a threat, turned away and dismissed him.”

Bruno turned back to continue shopping as the gunman brushed past the other couple and continued toward Bruno and his wife, repeating the phrase “Get the (expletive) out!”

“I could have touched him,” Bruno said. “He was an arm’s length away. It was pretty terrifying now that I think about it.” At one point he locked eyes with the gunman, and that was when Bruno realized he was serious.

Todd had come from the main aisle, walked into the toy aisle, and then went back to the main aisle, continuing to walk.

Bruno and his wife walked to the back aisle of the store and made their way to the electronics department, where they decided to make a run for the front door.

When they got to the aisle intersection near the pharmacy, they encountered many people, employees and shoppers also running toward the door. Some, especially those coming from the pharmacy direction and making the turn toward the door, were sliding or falling as they rushed to get out.

The first police car was arriving as the Brunos got out of the store.

At one point, about 20 police cars and at least two ambulances were parked around the front and side of the store. Yet shoppers were seen walking up to the entrance to the store, oblivious to the police presence surrounding the store. They were quickly told to leave the area.

The Monroe County District Attorney's Office and state police will continue to investigate the incident, Bartel said.

The Walmart was still closed as of 5 a.m. Sunday, according to Trooper David Peters, a public information officer with the state police.

http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20151212/NEWS/151219795

3. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Turtle Man likes this.
  4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I live not too far from there. Lots of shady people walking around. The store is always dirty and grimy. Still I've always felt safe going there. suicide by cop I guess.

Austinchota likes this.
  5. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    It's sad to think that watching a maniac shooting a gun then getting shot by the police shot might not be the worst thing those people saw at
    Wal-Mart yesterday.

6. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

HorseFanNetwork and dawg like this.
  7. dawg

Reputations:
    Wal Mart has cameras in every corner, you know there is video of this.

Snort likes this.
  8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    the report does sound kind of odd: the police told him to drop his weapons. he refused and they shot him. did he raise them and point them at the cops or others? did they say "put your guns down" then count to 3 and shoot?

9. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Good riddance.

10. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Whatever. :c

PI Nate likes this.
  11. matt1357

matt1357 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cmon white people, we gonna protest this Injustice tomorrow?

12. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I know the area and was warned not to go to the Walmart. Not surprised he's from mt bethel tho. Deliverance lite up there.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Austinchota likes this.
  13. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe they should have said "pretty fuckin' please with sugar on top."

Lemmy likes this.
  14. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not white, but I'll still take a new TV if it's not too much trouble.

Mr. Potato Head likes this.
  15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    State police say officers ordered Todd to drop his weapon. He refused and continued to point it at officers. Police then fired at Todd, striking him in the upper chest.

16. Bye You!

Reputations:
    They shoulda done shot the gun out of his hand! Or shot him in the foot!

Lemmy, Dirty South and PI Nate like this.
  17. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...he was a good boy just getting ready to start college in the spring semester.

<crackle> clean up on isle 3.

18. Bye You!

Reputations:
    No one from mt bethel can even spell colij.

19. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...lots of guns and gun advocates in pennsylvania im surprised he wasnt shot buy a customer. the one good thing about walmart is i know where everybody is that i want to avoid. :jj:

WHTHS likes this.
  20. Bye You!

Reputations:
    I had to make a quick emergency NyQuil run and my Walmart was the only open store. Holy Moley is a late night Sunday night Walmart run a freaky thing!

I thought I was back in north Louisiana.

R.P. McMurphy likes this.