Marge Schott revisited

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Mar 6, 2014.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    On ESPN yesterday they did a feature on Marge Schott that was also shown on Outside The Lines. March 2 2014 was the tenth anniversary of Marge's death. I was thinking back to the great bits that Howard did on Marge on the show. Marge was worse than anything Howard did on the show. Marge said of Dave Parker the former Pittsburgh and Reds HOF, "Dave is my million dollar Reggie" When umpire John McSherry died on opening day at Riverfront Stadium and they cancelled the game she was upset and said I don't believe it first it snows and now this. Everyone remembers her Hitler comments. Hitler did a good job at first. He rebuilt the roads in Germany, he just went to far. She was notoriously cheap. After the Reds won the World Series she wouldn't provide a food spread. The players went down to Carl's Jr's to buy hamburgers. She never gave her employees bonuses for Christmas instead she gave them old candy that sitting in storage that she has gotten free many years ago. She falsified car sales in the names of Reds employees and hid the vehicles at her house to trick GM that she had met her sales quota for her car dealerships. She lived in a 40 room mansion on a 70 acre estate. When she sold the Reds she netted $62 million. She was not the sole owner but had a controlling interest. Along with her other business she was worth quite a bit of money. She could never have owned the Reds today for very long. Selig and the other owners would have ran her out of baseball. She would have made Ritchie Incognito look like a saint.

[video=youtube;d4NJZPcEby8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NJZPcEby8[/video]

2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Billy doing Marge Schott is the hardest I've ever laughed in my entire, miserable life.

I miss the old days. :(

3. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    "I miss Stymie and Buckwheat, those fun little coons." What are the chances that Wiggy would let something like that on a live broadcast today? Zero. Point. Zero.

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Prior to his castration, Howie used to find "the N word" so funny that he could barely contain himself.

5. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    didnt know satire had an expiration date. :dontknow:

6. gotnolife

gotnolife Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I grew up near Indianapolis and only had Bob and Tom. They had a guy Mark Patrick who did a mean Marge Shot funnier than Billy's imo.
    Does anyone know who did it first? Wiggie would say they ripped him off but Indianapolis was and is a HUGE Reds fan base so maybe this is a case of Wiggy ripping someone else off.

7. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This linked to other Schott vids - I've been listening for an hour!

Fuck! Why can't the show be funny anymore?

8. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
  9. Ice Hole

Ice Hole Active Member

Reputations:
    This would not surprise me at all. I've realized, since being on Stern forums, that just about every bit Howard has ever done was taken from other shows.

10. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    those shows with Billy as Marge were some of the funniest shows ever aired by any on-air personality during the past 30+ years.

11. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

[​IMG]

12. John Mahlin

John Mahlin These go to eleven Gold

Reputations:
    Jackie cracking up is priceless, man I miss the old show.

13. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    What made it absurdly funny was that Billy really poured on the Boston accent for an old women that lived in the Midwest.

14. fuzzynuts

fuzzynuts 99% Relevant

Reputations:
    I'll admit it. I listen to the old stuff and laugh my ass off, that's how I found this place . Looking for more old gold.

15. gotnolife

gotnolife Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;0DVXF4fW2ZM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DVXF4fW2ZM[/video]
    Mark Patrick as Marge Shott. If posting another show besides O&A and Wiggy is prohibited my apologies.

16. hillbilly

hillbilly Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The VW, the autobahn, Hitler brought Germany out of the Great Depression. And, Germany, burdened under reparation payments and the loss of the Rhineland, both conditions of the Treaty of Versailles that ended WW1, suffered greatly during the Great Depression. Germans were often reduced to eating grass to ward off starvation. The German unemployment rate was 30 percent when Hitler came to power. Hitler restored the German economy and brought the nation to full employment. In the beginning he was better that what we have in office based on accomplishments.
    He then became a crazed evil mad man. I think Marge's statement was twisted by the media as there was a big difference from the beginning to where it ended.

17. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    You don't understand. Wiggy has evolved.

18. azman5103

azman5103 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Quiet! No one wants to be corrected by your "facts", and historical "accuracy".

Lets just keep it real simple. If someone mentions Hitler in any way they are automatically a anti-Semite/Nazi sympathizer.

19. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    yes, it's evolved into shat-tire. howard not only pronounces it that way, but provides the new meaning = tired shit.

20. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    :console: