Marine Home From Iraq War, Wife Assaulted Outside Florida Theater by Teen Mob

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by GHP, Dec 29, 2010.

1. GHP

GHP New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Iraq war veteran Federico Freire and wife, Kalyn, were attacked Saturday outside a movie theater in Bradenton, Fla., by a group of unruly teenagers.

He made it home from the Iraq war just in time for Christmas. She was looking forward to a night out with her husband after so much time apart.

But a group of teenagers had other plans for Federico and Kalyn Freire, who were assaulted outside a Florida movie theater after asking the teens to be quiet during a movie on Christmas Day.

Federico Freire, a 28-year-old Marine, and Kalyn Freire were attacked after the couple attended a showing of "Little Fockers" on Saturday in Bradenton, Fla.

"The saddest part about it was that this was our first date night together in a long time," Freire's wife, Kalyn, said in an interview Wednesday. "We were just looking to spend some time together."

Freire, a Florida native stationed at Camp Pendelton in California, said he and his wife asked a group of "obnoxiously loud" teenagers talking on cell phones to "be quiet" during the 8:20 p.m. movie.

"This was my first time back in town from my tour in Iraq," he said.

Freire said that when the disturbance escalated and the group began cursing, his wife called the manager, who asked several of the teenagers to leave the theater.

The couple said they thought the fracas was over until they walked out of the theater and were assaulted by a mob of menacing teenagers.

"On our way out of the movie theater, my wife gets surrounded with about 10 to 15 girls that were about to attack her," Freire said. "As soon as I saw this I immediately ran and got her out of harm's way."

Freire said he was kicked and punched as he and his wife tried to run from the group.

"I leaned down to grab my purse and there were literally 100 teens around us," Kalyn Freire said, "While the manager was in the corner with his mouth open and not doing anything."

Freire said one bystander stepped forward and told the couple to follow him to his car, saying he could scare the crowd off with a gun. But before the two reached the man's vehicle, one of the teenagers said, "I'm going to knock your wife out," before punching Freire's wife to the ground, the couple said.

Deputies from the Manatee County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene and arrested two 15-year-old brothers and charged them with misdemeanor battery.

According to a police report, three others -- 16-year-old Ishmael Dunbar, 17-year-old Reginald Gardner and 20-year-old Destiny McNeil -- were arrested and charged with felony battery on a law enforcement officer and trespassing.

"All available units were requested to respond to disperse the crowd for officer safety and to restore order," the police report said. One teenager was stunned by a Taser.

Authorities said the fight attracted about 300 bystanders.

2. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    thats what you get when you go see a horrible ben stiller movie

3. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Wow, that was almost another Con Air.

4. lisaslisas

lisaslisas New Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure that happens to everyday people all of the time. Not defending what the tards did, but would this be newsworthy if it wasn't a soldier? Slow news day in Bradenton.

5. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    If that was me, I would pull a Dexter move on all of them. What a fucked up thing to do to a couple.
    Outnumbered too with no fighting chance. To a fucking Veteran and his wife.
    Makes me sick to hear this. :mad:

6. GHP

Reputations:
    Yeah since it happens every day it's not newsworthy :)

7. Gindaloonatic

Gindaloonatic New Member

Reputations:
  8. TYSON

TYSON New Member VIP

Reputations:
    What a movie huh?
    Awesome! :D

9. GHP

Reputations:
    Stanley! :cheer:

Although I don't think Ishmael, Reginald and Destiny fit the pic in this case ;)

10. Gindaloonatic

Gindaloonatic New Member

Reputations:
    Kubrick was a genius

11. Gindaloonatic

Gindaloonatic New Member

Reputations:
    sounds like a jew, a brit, and some trailer park girl. But obviously they were blaek.

12. GHP

Reputations:
    Not that it was mentioned as an aside in the article :p

13. Gindaloonatic

Gindaloonatic New Member

Reputations:
    they could have been named Seamus O'Sullivan, Ling Kyun-Jang, and Sitting Cloud; but the fact that they were being obnoxiously loud in a movie theater makes it obvious they was colored.

14. GHP

Reputations:
    But they weren't those names :dontknow:

15. ohnoes

ohnoes New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yeah...I cringed when I read the names. I was hoping no one would pick up on it. :jj:

16. tomtom

tomtom Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't stand the movie theaters. Most people don't know how to act in public. They think everybody wants or needs to hear them talk so they are obnoxiously loud. This is why netflix, HBO, OnDemand is so nice.

See with this case the marine could probably have taken all of them separately but they have to attack him together like cowards all because they were asked to keep it down, rightfully so, so people can hear and enjoy a movie they paid for.

17. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Go watch Restrepo.
    And then wonder why these kid still suck air. Punks.

18. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  19. Super Mario

Super Mario Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only 2 people were aressted out of a 100 teens??

20. ohnoes

ohnoes New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I feel sorry for the dude but in a way it was his own fault. A lot of these military/law enforcement guys cop a dudley do right attitude and think their word carries more weight than others...especially when trying to impress someone. The wife only made it worse. Did they really think once the kids were ejected on a Saturday night they were just gonna leave? I was on the other end of that situation once when I was a teenager. We were smoking a joint in the theater and this dude walked down the aisle and flashed a badge. He pointed a few rows back to his wife and kid and told us to put it out. We didn't want to miss the rest of the flick so we chilled. The thing is, since I hung out with kids of many races this redneck fool didn't realize how many of us were actually together. After the movie we caught up to them outside and swarmed them. Nobody got hurt but he knew they were surrounded and I got right in his face with my hands by his waist so he knew by the time he tried reaching for his weapon he'd be stomped. I don't remember my exact words but it was to the effect of "So you're willing to risk your family you supposedly care so much about by acting hard in a movie theater? You're a fucking idiot" or something like that. Dude nearly wet himself. Nobody really wanted any static with the cops (this was in Flushing the 109 pct. was close by) assuming he really was one so we just laughed at his dumb ass and walked off. That badge saved his life. I have a feeling this was a similar situation...only these kids are too stupid to want to avoid prison. :jj: