Mark from "Mark's Friggen" & and his tapes...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Spitting_Bum, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Spitting_Bum

Spitting_Bum Shit Mult Banned User

Reputations:
    Hey, question. BAck in the early 00s, when they used to take emails and actually read them, they would read my emails about different things about 2x a week, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. For about $15, Mark would go back and pull it from the show tapes for you.
    My point here is that Mark must have a TON of Stern tapes going all the way back to the 80s. Does anyone think he'll dump the tapes on the net at some point? We really only need the late 80s, 90s, and early 00s. Stern would try to stop him, so would have to be done on the down low. Does anyone know Mark personally and if he would ever consider such a thing?
    We don't even have...I used to listen to the show when he wasn't there for "Best of...," but now Bunky even edits out anything un-PC from "BEST OF..." Some good stuff on YT and on a few torrents, but Mark would have the ENTIRE anthology. Just owndering if anyone knows for a fact that he has kept all his tapes and never taped over any of them. Bc it would really be a treasure trove of material we'll never hear again thanks to Gunky editing out everything that isn't "family friendly." Thoughts?

2. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I have several boxes myself - I'd love to give to someone to post - as is.

3. Spitting_Bum

Reputations:
    That's awesome. What time period are they? Would people here be willing to chip in if we found a guy to put them onto CDS and do it with good audio software? And Java, you'd of course be due some sort of money for sharing them. For the record, we'd do all of this in South America, where there would be no issues with US copyright law. :)

Pill Queen likes this.
  4. Spitting_Bum

Reputations:
    Just to confirm-- they are audio tapes, right dude? Any idea of roughly how many? Want to get an estimate from a friend in Ecuador.

5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    There was a guy on SFN, went by the screen name Gerry Lincoln, he had a huge archive of tapes as well, don't know what happened to him but he was very generous in sharing them.

6. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Holy shit.. haven't thought about that guy in many years.

7. honestmaxx

honestmaxx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I support this effort. A collection would be great and I'd be willing to pay for one.

gnarly barkley, Tracy and Pill Queen like this.
  8. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    He was one of the first to point out the differences between Howard's promises about Sirius and the reality of it. Great poster IMO, I thnk he became disillusioned as time went on and slowly stopped posting.

Turtle Man, ZevonFan and OV like this.
  9. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic

Reputations:

I remember him! He was around when I was and probably disappeared when everybody I knew disappeared.

Thedomina and Spitting_Bum like this.
  10. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic

Reputations:

A bunch of us left round the same time but I don't remember the year. Before the "prank". I always wonder where they all went

11. Spitting_Bum

Reputations:
    Well, our problem now is that he's even editing "Best of.." to be "PC." that was what REALLY sent me over the edge, from mild dislike to genuine hatred. He wants to "change, evolve, have his balls cut off, whatever." But once he started messing with classic bits, censoring them on air PLUS having lots of the removed from YT, that was when I truly began to despise him. Would like to know we can organize some sort of way to get as many original copies as we can from late 80s and through the 90s, so the really great shows don't disappear forever. Shame that recording technology got really good as soon as he started to suck.

Tracy and cetiya like this.
  12. Spitting_Bum

Reputations:
    BTW- not sure if this is the place to do this, but can someone quickly tell me how to give "rep points?" Most ppl have been really nice so far and would like to "pay them back" in "rep." I personally don't care much about this kinda things, but I think some ppl do and I don't want to seem rude. Thanks.

13. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Some years ago, that would have been intriguing. So was the hard drive that one dude was selling. But I'm so jaded now, I see the good stuff from the past in a different light. I have all the Channel 9 shows but they're horrible quality. Whoever taped and ripped them had a crappy setup. I used to record then on a SVHS and they looked good. I wish I had kept those as an archive. I would have shared them out. The guy I got the shitty rips from was from SFN. Don't remember who.

DarkFriday, ZevonFan and BethSucks like this.
  14. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    A lot of people out there have vast achieves of commercial free mp3 files of shows going back to the 80s. I have a collection on CD & DVD which goes back to the early 90s.

15. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Appreciate the sentiment.. and you're off to a rousing start.. but FYI, only site $upporters are able to give reps.

Spitting_Bum likes this.
  16. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I don't know about tapes but man I have a huge amount of shows back from the 90's on cd. You could get em fresh every day on Newsgroups.

17. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The DawgShed HOWARD STERN Legacy Restoration

18. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    I still remember when I first stumbled into there and was downloading using Outlook Express

Beth Onostrosky and ZevonFan like this.
  19. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:

HA! I originally was using Netscape!

Murcielago likes this.
  20. Spitting_Bum

Reputations:
    OK, if I like the site and use it, I'm cool with paying for using it to keep it up and going.