Entertainment Mark Fuhrman Says The People v. O.J. Simpson Elevates a "Narcissistic" and "Violent" Man

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Mar 7, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    rs_1024x759-160307132452-1024.Cuba-Gooding-Jr.-Mark-Fuhrman.ms.030716.jpg

Add Mark Fuhrman to the list of detractors when it comes to FX's The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. The former detective, who is played by Steven Pasquale in the miniseries, slammed the show about the trial of O.J. Simpson in a new interview, and said he refuses to watch.

"The last 20 years, I have watched the facts dismissed by the media, journalists and the public simply because it does not fit within the politically correct narrative. At this late date, FX is attempting to establish a historical artifact with this series without reaching out to any prosecution sources. In a time when Americans read less and less and investigative journalism is on vacation, it is sad that this movie will be the historical word on this infamous trial. After all, it was ‘based on a true story,'" he told The New York Post.

"This miniseries will most probably define not the historical record of the murder of two people, but the almost pathological desire to elevate a narcissistic, violent man to victim status just because he was a black athlete," he continued. "Immensely sad. I am angry and bitter because the truth is a massaged reality. Let's play grown¬up for a while. This is not about me. There will be another O.J., and what we have learned is that political correctness and stupidity trump justice."

Fuhrman discovered the infamous bloody glove on Simpson's estate and when he was called to testify, the defense called his past use of racial epithets into question.

He's not the only person involved with the 1995 murder trial to speak out. Several people associated with Simpson and Nicole Brown, including Faye Resnick, Kathryn Edwards and even Caitlyn Jenner have said they won't watch the miniseries. Kim Goldman, sister to victim Ron Goldman, said she wants people to remember her brother as a hero and that the show make clear what is fact and what is fiction. The series is based on Jeffrey Toobin's book.

"What I think is unfortunately going to get lost in this is that my brother was doing a good deed," Kim Goldman told Today. "And [he] walked in on what we believe was a horrific crime and he didn't run. They don't show that in this and that really sucks. My brother could've run and saved his own life and he stayed to help his friend. I want people to remember my brother was a hero."

However, former prosecutor Marcia Clark, who is played by Sarah Paulson in the miniseries, praised the show.

"I think it's amazing," Clark said on The View. "It's really amazing. I can't watch it the way most people do, to me it's reliving a nightmare." Clark said "every bit is awful" and "it hurts," but that's a testament to how good a job Ryan Murphy and his team are doing with the series.

The People v. O.J. Simpson airs Tuesdays, 10 p.m. on FX.

http://www.eonline.com/news/746639/...mpson-elevates-a-narcissistic-and-violent-man

DiamondGoddess and sino8r like this.
  2. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Kim Goldman, sister to victim Ron Goldman, said she wants people to remember her brother as a hero and that the show make clear what is fact and what is fiction. The series is based on Jeffrey Toobin's book.

"What I think is unfortunately going to get lost in this is that my brother was doing a good deed," Kim Goldman told Today. "And [he] walked in on what we believe was a horrific crime and he didn't run. They don't show that in this and that really sucks. My brother could've run and saved his own life and he stayed to help his friend. I want people to remember my brother was a hero."

[​IMG]

3. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He is still a felon so he and THEJUICE have a lot in common.

jackieavenger likes this.
  4. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It doesn't portray oj in a good light :dontknow:

5. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...that racist has a lot of nerve showing his pig face.

Gusbuss likes this.
  6. Turbongr

Turbongr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Mark Fuhrman slammed the show about the trial of O.J. Simpson in a new interview, and said he refuses to watch."

That's when I stopped reading. Like it or not that dude was pretty typical of LA cops back in the day, in the worst possible way. Fuck him.

vaporizer and Gusbuss like this.
  7. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He pleaded the fifth, so fuck him

vaporizer, Gusbuss and Lou Loomis like this.
  8. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It happens.

vaporizer and lestanyonethink like this.
  9. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    He sounds like a whiny fucked up little bitch :grad:

FishySausage and Gusbuss like this.
  10. dawg

Reputations:
    He collected Nazi memorabilia.

XuXu likes this.
  11. dawg

Reputations:
    And now he's a fox news regular :giggle:

12. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    Go figure

XuXu and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  13. Penelope

Penelope VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Read a bit of "If I Did It" today, and the one thing that stuck out to me was that it enraged OJ when Ron Goldman went into a karate stance when OJ "caught" him coming into Nicole's condo to return the glasses. OJ was already there to stalk/scare/most possibly kill his ex-wife, but the poor guy trying to defend himself that way seems to have sealed his fate (in OJ's twisted mind anyhow).

The book is basically a confession. Fascinating reading.

14. Penelope

Penelope VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No matter how good a detective he was, and even if he didn't plant evidence in this case (which I don't believe he did), the tapes are so fucking disgusting and disgraceful that there's no way he ever should have been a witness. Did the prosecution even listen to those things?! The guy was an out-and-out, despicable racist. Lucky for OJ that the prosecution was so tone-deaf and out of touch.

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...he also moved to sand point idaho for a while, lots of skinheads up there.

16. Hand Banana

Hand Banana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that what "did" happen?

17. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In the trial they only allowed brief clips of the Fuhrman tapes to be played in court, just enough to establish that he had used the N-word in his private life. People who have heard the unedited tapes have said they were so over-the-top racist that if they had ever been played publicly, you could potentially have had a repeat of the Rodney King riots.

GCD1, Gusbuss and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  18. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    So true. Ron Goldman was a true hero and a fine decent young man. I will never forget Fred and Kim Goldman in the courtroom when OJ was pronounced "Not guilty".

The defense made it about race and Mark Fuhrmann. It is what they do when they have no other defense.

19. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Was the good deed fucking that insatiable whoooo'uhhh?

DiamondGoddess likes this.
  20. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Says the man who helped get OJ Simpson off. He plead the 5th in court, and when he was asked specifically if he planted the glove he plead the fifth again. Perhaps he did plant it, but it doesn't mean that OJ is not a killer.