Entertainment Mark Wahlberg asks Pope Francis to forgive him for Movie Ted

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Sep 27, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    wahlberg.jpg

As part of Pope Francis’ visit to the United States, he stopped by the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia, a festival headlined by Mark Wahlberg. In between introducing performances by Aretha Franklin, Andrea Boccelli, Juanes, and The Fray, Wahlberg took a moment to ask the pontiff for his forgiveness for Ted.

When a young soloist performing at the event told Wahlberg how much he liked Ted, Wahlberg laughed and said the raunchy comedy may not be appropriate for a boy his age, before turning to Pope Francis. “Holy Father, please forgive me,” Wahlberg said. “I’ve always hoped that the good Lord has a sense of humor when it comes and pertains to many of the movies that I’ve made.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/27/mark-wahlberg-pope-francis-ted

jackieavenger, Jayla, LaserT and 5 others like this.
  2. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Actually watched most of this on livestream yesterday.

Thought it was all very well done.

blindbella, yaddc and stash like this.
  3. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He should have asked forgiveness for his shitty music career! :crazy:

4. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    That's actually a pretty funny move.

"Your Holiness it's a movie where a stuffed animal does bong hits and tries to score bitches"

[​IMG]

5. dawg

Reputations:
    He had a music career? :wtf:

ZevonFan likes this.
  6. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well he did quit being a New Kid....I guess he got that right.

dawg likes this.
  7. lastlaugh

lastlaugh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good. When does he apologize for the sequel?

Mulletude, cah155, funnymoney and 3 others like this.
  8. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Career" isn't strong enough a word.. 'Enduring legacy' would be more appropriate.

Also, shouldn't he have asked forgiveness for nearly killing that Vietnamese guy in the '80s instead?

9. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Mark Wahlberg gets to meet the pope... Remember when he blinded a guy and called him a gook slant eye ... yeah good times.

10. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Did he tell the pope that he's the one with the big dick and he's ready to fuck?

[​IMG]

11. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Does the Pope know who he even is?

12. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Didn't he kill a black kid when he was younger?

RoachCoachJokes likes this.
  14. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    He didn't ask forgiveness for blinding some old Vietnamese guy in a racially motivated attack!!??!?!?!?!???!?!?

15. dawg

Reputations:
    Arrests
    During his youth, Wahlberg was in trouble 20–25 times with the Boston Police Department. By age 13, Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other substances.[9][10] At 15, civil action was filed against him for his involvement in two separate incidents of harassing African-American children (the first were siblings, and the second incident was a group of black school children on a field trip), by throwing rocks and shouting racial epithets.[11] At 16, Wahlberg approached a middle-aged Vietnamese man named Thanh Lam on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious while calling him a "Vietnam fucking shit".[12][13] That same day Wahlberg also attacked a second Vietnamese man named Hoa "Johnny" Trinh, punching him in the face. He believed he had left his victim permanently blind in one eye.[11][12][14] Trinh was interviewed in December 2014 by the Daily Mail, who revealed that he had already lost that eye during the Vietnam War, and did not know the identity of his assailant prior to being contacted by the media.[15] According to court documents regarding these crimes, when Wahlberg was arrested later that night and returned to the scene of the first assault, he stated to police officers: "You don't have to let him identify me, I'll tell you now that's the motherfucker who's (sic) head I split open."[14] Investigators also noted that he "made numerous unsolicited racial statements about 'gooks' and 'slant-eyed gooks'."[12][14]

For these crimes, Wahlberg was charged with attempted murder, pleaded guilty to assault and was sentenced to two years in Suffolk County Deer Island House of Correction. He ultimately served only 45 days of his sentence,[12][16] but carries a permanent felony record. In another incident, the 21-year-old Wahlberg fractured the jaw of a neighbor in an unprovoked attack.[17] Commenting in 2006 on his past crimes, Wahlberg has stated: "I did a lot of things that I regret, and I have certainly paid for my mistakes." He said the right thing to do would be to try to find the blinded man and make amends, and admitted he has not done so, but added that he was no longer burdened by guilt: "You have to go and ask for forgiveness and it wasn't until I really started doing good and doing right by other people, as well as myself, that I really started to feel that guilt go away. So I don't have a problem going to sleep at night. I feel good when I wake up in the morning."[16]

After prison, he decided to improve his behavior. Of this he has said,

"As soon as I began that life of crime, there was always a voice in my head telling me I was going to end up in jail. Three of my brothers had done time. My sister went to prison so many times I lost count. Finally I was there, locked up with the kind of guys I'd always wanted to be like. Now I'd earned my stripes and I was just like them, and I realized it wasn't what I wanted at all. I'd ended up in the worst place I could possibly imagine and I never wanted to go back. First of all, I had to learn to stay on the straight and narrow."

Wahlberg first relied on the guidance of his parish priest to turn his back on crime. He told his street gang that he was leaving them and had "some serious fights" with them over it. The actor commented in 2009: "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life and I've done bad things, but I never blamed my upbringing for that. I never behaved like a victim so that I would have a convenient reason for victimizing others. Everything I did wrong was my own fault. I was taught the difference between right and wrong at an early age. I take full responsibility."[18]

On 26 November 2014, Wahlberg filed an application in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requesting a full and unconditional pardon[19] from his prior convictions.[20] His pardon application engendered some controversy.[12] According to the BBC, the debate about his suitability for a pardon is still ongoing with the arguments on both sides being far-reaching and complex.[21] One of Wahlberg's victims, Trinh, has pledged to make a written statement supporting a pardon.[15] There is also an ongoing petition to the Massachusetts governor to deny Wahlberg's pardon.[22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wahlberg

FishySausage, Jayla and Limo Wreck like this.
  16. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    This piece of shit really hit the fucking lottery.

17. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

It's funny, if anyone has followed "Ray Donovan", there was a story line about a guy from south Boston that went to Hollywood and became a huge star. And that he had a murder covered up by Ray and that Ray's dad was set up for it and went down for it back in Boston. You just know they had Mark in mind when they wrote it.

FishySausage and dawg like this.
  18. dawg

Reputations:
    I think he has asked for forgiveness. I have no problem with that, a little mercy and forgiveness is a good thing. The problem i have is the pardon thing, he did the crimes you dont get pardoned. If he gets pardoned than any regular Joe asking should get it too.

Skipnoid, Petal and RoachCoachJokes like this.
  19. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you ask him to forgive your brother for marrying the boob he did.

funnymoney likes this.
  20. RoachCoachJokes

RoachCoachJokes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep, this jerk sure got a lotta noive asking for a pardon. I'm not against pardons in principle, but what did he ever do to earn it?? He seems to think if he says "I'm sorry" enough times, that makes up for everything. Probably learned that in Sunday School. Double-fuck him.