Marvel Studios assembles fans for top-secret announcement

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Oct 28, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Marvel Studios assembles fans for top-secret announcement

By Anthony Breznican on Oct 28, 2014 at 2:02PM [​IMG] @breznican
    [​IMG]
    Marvel Studios spends most of its time clamping down on secrets, so when they open up the vault, it’s usually something big.

Usually that happens at San Diego Comic-Con before an audience of 6,000-plus screaming fans, and everything is planned out months in advance. But on Tuesday morning at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood, Marvel put on a relatively impromptu show, gathering press and fans alike to reveal …

Well, no one is quite sure.

Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange? (That leaked yesterday.) Full plans for Phase 3 after next May’s sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron? (Possibly.)

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

Among those sitting in the very front row of the theater are Anthony and Joe Russo, the directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, who are also overseeing the third Cap film. The brothers were also at Comic-Con last July and hoped to make an announcement about their film there, but held back at the last moment because some details weren’t finalized. Robert Downey Jr. has been in talks to co-star in Cap 3, bringing the clash between Iron Man and the do-gooder patriotic hero to the fore in a cinematic version of the Civil War comics storyline.

Smart money says we’ll be hearing more about that shortly.

Avengers writer-director and Marvel brain-trust member Joss Whedon was in the second row behind the Brothers Russo, who are turned around in their seats talking with him and Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito. Whedon wouldn’t be here if the event didn’t involve the broader Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The show’s about to begin. EW will live-blog and update at the conclusion:

More to come …

11:11a.m. – Make a wish. The program begins, and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige takes the stage. “I’m going to show you something you’ve already seen, thanks to the good people of H.Y.D.R.A. … The teaser for Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

11:14 a.m. – Feige points out Whedon in the audience. “He’s working very hard in the cutting room helping us finalize Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Phase 2.”

Mentions Guardians of the Galaxy‘s success. “You like new things. You like things that are fresh.”

“When we have information to reveal, we want to reveal it. Sometimes that’s in a press release. Sometimes it’s at San Diego Comic-Con, and sometimes it’s on a random Tuesday at the El Capitan theater.” Huge roar from the fans.

Feige says he’s going to reveal Marvel’s Phase 3 — which leads to a bigger roar.

11:18 — Feige says he wants to show us something we don’t know. November 4, 2016: Doctor Strange — “I feel like I’ve been talking about Doctor Strange since the day I was born,” he says. “The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe.”

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They're going to announce all their characters are now gay. And black.

alittlebitcunty likes this.
  3. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    This was the big announcement? I'm sure I'll see it at some point but I was never a huge Dr Strange fan. I liked him ok when he teamed up with other heroes but that's about it.

4. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    And "Black Widow" Was born with a Kawk.........

5. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    And Spiderman can shoot ropes from his kawk.

Mine wasn't as funny.:depressed:

6. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Isn't the twink that plays Spidey a Ghey that wants him to have a boyfriend instead of Mary?

7. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yay.. more stupid gay and faggot comic book movies. (facepalm)

8. The Snork

The Snork Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Its been done

9. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    WTF? I've never heard of this.

10. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations: