Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Chaos, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    Who is getting it? How awesome is this game going to be?

3. nazdrowie

nazdrowie Sultan of Sweat Gold

Reputations:
    do they still make games for the Nintendo 64 console?

4. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    nope. you might have to upgrade.

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale New Member

Reputations:
    this game will surely be nasty. Mass Effect is the best current generation franchise.

6. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    i'm terrified. choices i made in the first game plus the second game....i'm have no idea if i helped myself or shot myself in the ass

7. Henry Gale

Henry Gale New Member

Reputations:

it seems from two that the choices basically effect dialogue. though I do plan to play 1 & 2 through and kick ass in the side quests just incase.

8. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    i'm not sure about that. i think they embraced the ripples in water thinking and choices made were more subtle and could have a huge impact.

9. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    it comes out tonight!!!

10. Tsunamident

Tsunamident New Member

Reputations:
    The MAss effect series is one of my favs of all time. Kinda pissed they arent releasing it on steam for the pc, as my first two games are on there. I hope it isn't too much of a bitch to import the files over to origin.

11. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Another hour to go before trudging out and waiting in line to pick up the copy I have waiting at Gamestop

12. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Not nearly the numbers that Skyrim brought out for its midnight release. Got to Gamestop at 12:15 and was home by 12:30 while I had to wait until almost 1:00 due to the lines for Skyrim

13. GirlDrinkDrunk

GirlDrinkDrunk New Member

Reputations:
    Mass effect 3 was the greatest game I ever played until the last 5 minutes. Bioware poisoned the entire franchise with that ending.

What's the point of playing a game if you can't win?

The only good thing is seeing all the heat Bioware is taking on their forums and twitter. There is a poll on their forum that has 97% of people wanting them to change the ending.

14. GirlDrinkDrunk

Reputations:
    Here is a fan edit of the ending that is simple and elegant. This is how I see the trilogy ending. It's only a couple minutes long the rest of it are the credits.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  15. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    those last ten min was..........jawdropping and not in a good way. for many reasons. i think i'll vent on here tomorrow.

16. GirlDrinkDrunk

Reputations:
    It's truly shocking, the game was so good I was going to do a replay right away and now I have no desire to play any of the games again.

17. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    [SPOILERS]
    Ok.....There is much rage still over these endings. As I read more I'm starting to think the indoctrination theory is correct. That everything we saw after the reaper blast was the reapers final hail mary attempt to indoctrinate shepard. That would explain the weird standof between anderson, shepard, and t.i.m , v.i. looking like the child that was in shepard's nightmares, why the three endings were cut and paste, how crew members (even the ones with you in the final mission) got back into the ship and why joker seems to have committed a.w.o.l. during the battle . If this is true it would explain the endings and why they all seem to play into the reapers endgame....

"good" ending----Shepard controls the reapers and ends the war....easy that's the same path that t.i.m took, and he got indoctrinated. that ending has a "good" blue color but shows t.i.m trying to take control when that option is showed. why is t.i.m who is bad, shown in the "good" ending?

"bad" ending -----Shepard destroys the reapers and all synthetics in the universe (including himself) this option when showed shows anderson going thru the motions and has a "bad" red color. why is anderson shown in the "bad" ending? also if you max out your army there is a extra cutscene after the credits showing shepard waking up in the rubble of the blast of the reaper beam. so why would the "bad" ending be the only one to have this extra important moment that shows that all of the "ending" happened in his mind?

"synthesis" ending---- Shepard jumps into the beam and causes the dna of every being, organic or not, to be altered. making every being a organic/synthic hybrid. this according to the v.i. would create peace. but in reality it would be the ultimate version of indoctrination. mass instant indoctrination.

If this is true this could have been one of the most brillant endings ever. in the way you would have to go thru the false ending and the mindfuck that would affect the players themselves .......but........they fucked it up. Reports ay that the ending was leaked months ago and bioware went into the panic. The ending we got was only supposed to be the first half of it......if you made the right choice. then you would really end the game. but now it looks like they are going to finish the ending in the next dlc called "the truth". Which is the real problem. bioware panic cut the ending in half and is going to release the rest in a dlc? that's fucked up. and if they charge for it.....it would be a huge fuck you to the fans.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  18. GirlDrinkDrunk

Reputations:
    I think people are giving them to much credit. They screwed up the ending royally and are in full panic mode. They have just locked their entire forum.

These are supposed to be the lead writer's notes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Morning Wood

Morning Wood New Member

Reputations:
    Just finished the game at 2am last night. Overall, a beautiful game. Especially if you played the previous games. The ending definitely sucked. In the same way the Battlestar ending sucked. And to a lesser degree, the Sopranos ending. It's like they just fucking gave up at the end.

One thing I have to say, I don't feel the nerd rage going on. People need to get on with their lives.

20. Chaos

Chaos Active Member

Reputations:
    nope. couldn't disagree more. it is reasonable to think that bioware should back up all of their promises they have made over the years and live up to their part. having the second half of the ending as dlc would be very very bad for games in the long run. don't think for a second ea or somebody else wouldn't sell half a game for 60 and the ending for another 10 bucks as dlc if they think they can get away with it. this could start a very bad trend in games. and could become the standard.