Matt and Trey

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jr7543, Nov 30, 2014.

1. jr7543

jr7543 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Someone in another thread wondered why Matt and Trey have never been on. Isn't it obvious? Howard has never watched South Park...totally oblivious to the fact that several of their sound clips/drops are frequently used on his show. Howard's taste is up his ass! Amazed the staff talked him into having Seth MacFarlane on, as he has clearly never seen Family Guy or any of Seth's other work. He respects Larry David (because he makes $$$$) but has never seen Curb. Doubt he's seen many Seinfeld shows (Ben Stern is hipper than his son). Howie's tv choices lean towards The Bachelor, DTWS, AGT(before he was on it), American Idol, etc...)
    Music? He's not the Ramones fan he claims to be...early on (going back to NBC days), Joey was one of the few people who'd do his show (like the late Steve Rossi). He played their records at WRNW because Meg deemed them cool. Of course people said he looked like Joey...then Joey would sometimes come in or call in drunk...famous ans.machine msg...He liked the Ramones because they were good radio/tv...the famous Joey/Marky fight...when he got all four in studio and tried to make them argue...I'll bet he couldn't name five Ramones songs... Today he desparately tries to sound hip with guests like Tiesto...doesn't have a clue! Don't get me started on his taste in comedy...at least recently!

2. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    they wouldn't do the show, they know Howard is a sell out I'm just surprised they haven't parodied him

HeyThere and h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 like this.
  3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    M'Kay

Mantis, smichal and joyceface like this.
  4. jameslanza

jameslanza Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He came out once, e offered Kenny to blow him for money I think

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  6. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I believe they once parodied Howard and he wasnt happy.
    [​IMG]

smichal and Mr Fantastic like this.
  7. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    and yes, Kenny offered to blow him for $10. Oh the foreshadowing...

joyceface likes this.
  8. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    "GET OFF MY PHONE!!"

joyceface likes this.
  9. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think you answered your own question. Howard doesn't have a sense of humor. He doesn't even know what "funny" is. South Park got famous being crude AND smart. Howard resents that, as he could never quite nail the latter one down..

10. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    Two guys who gave so little fucks they went to the Oscars in drag while on acid?

I don't think Howard would risk having two down to earth people on that might bring up his wig/career in the first five minutes.

ElVee and Kilroy like this.
  11. erictheshitcock

erictheshitcock New Member

Reputations:
    What is a tiesto and how big is its cock robin?hood hoo hoo.

12. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe they're allergic to wig glue?

Petal and GoshGeeGolly like this.
  13. P3ndula

P3ndula Member

Reputations:
    They're very successful and very popular. Passive aggressive bullshit. He wasn't much of a Seinfeld fan either if i recall.

14. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They've also managed to branch out beyond South Park. Howard's theory is beat a joke to death beyond recognition and keep cashing the checks.

15. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    The real message here is that Howard has NEVER been the entertainment genius he's always presented himself as. Look at the people he's made "famous": Ronnie the Limo Driver and Eric the Midget. Those are the people he laid his rep on the table for. (both of whom had neither talent or charisma)

The amount of "Stern Projects" that came to reality is a joke. His juice on network TV landed him on AGT; an embarrassment he was advised to turn down.

He could have just as easily became the Exec Producer of any one of a hundred quality comedies or dramas; a position that would have ensured a proud legacy.

I would argue that even the early days of H101 were lackluster; I never found Bubba The Love Sponge or the "downcard" (Riley Martin, Joke Hunt) very interesting.

The good stuff that HAS come from Sirius, (Back Office Radio, some Sal projects) have been systematically squashed.

We won't even bother to mention Rock & Roll High School, Porky's, Stern the Early Years etc, that no one would ever pick up even at Stern's peak.

lestanyonethink likes this.
  16. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thats because it was "appointment radio". wiggy himself said that homo 100 and homo 101 would be so groundbreaking that you would sit in front of your radio with the required 10 other urine drenched fans just like it was TV. you wont want to miss a minute! Sounds like you forgot to make your appointment

17. TheMercenary

TheMercenary Collecting Light Gold

Reputations:
    South Park humor scares and bewilders old ladies.

[​IMG]

18. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
  19. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    When it comes to figuring out Wiggy's motivations, you can rarely go wrong viewing the situation through the Hamptons party circuit prism. At the end of the day, MacFarlane toes the PC party line much more closely than Stone and Parker who are openly hostile to it.

If he were to return to his roots and embrace the South Park boys, it would be much harder for the Wig to keep the Beard's polo match and cocktail party invites rolling in.

20. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Speaking of animation anyone ever wonder of Howie's big cartoon projects, one having an edgy name I believe being developed for UPN and of course Howard Stern: The High School Years.

What apparently sank High School years was high budget - I distinctly remember him saying 1 Million an episode and that was too high for Spike. Did the man really expect to be paid well immediately for a cable cartoon? Or is there a chance the demo footage was too pathetic to be played on Spike, which was a network that had an awful selection of cartoons when it started including a cruder version of Ren & Stimpy that had so much gross out humor it was impossible to watch even for a kid who grew up and adored the original cartoon.