Matt Lauer and the decline of Today

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Nobody cares about Howard Stern. :coffee:

3. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    I love when I bring up Stern's name in conversations with people and to a person the response is: "Is he still on the radio somewhere?" :jj:

4. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    at one time i was amazed at how many times i heard that same answer.....now, not so much.

5. Scutaro

Scutaro Pretenama

Reputations:

Not only is Stern forgotten about by those that people that never bothered to get a Sirius sub (or upgrade to the HS package)...but I have to assume that his ratings are WAY DOWN from even 3 years ago! His current show is downright awful!
    I am dating a girl who never listened to Stern, but she always thought of him as a disgusting, male chauvinist pig. I would tell her "he's not like that"...."he's actually smart and funny"...and I would occasionally put the show on while she was in the car with me.
    The result: She admitted that Stern show was not what she had envisioned. It was much worse!...for different reasons! Listening with my gf opened my eyes to how truly unfunny and lame the show has become. Sitting through his forced "monologue" jokes and the same horrible interview questions over and over was eye opening for both of us. Stern sucks.
    after hearing Stern make another forced joke about Jennifer Lopez's ass having its own zip code...or asking another guest about the size of thier cock...my girlfriend finally asked me "do you find this funny?"
    And the answer is "no...I don't".
    WTF happened to the show that I used to love? It is unlistenable and beyond repair. FU Stern.
    Who still enjoys this horseshit abortion of a show? I'd love to hear from those who still listen, "what do you enjoy about the current show"
    rant over.

6. Scarlett Ohara

Scarlett Ohara VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I miss the old days when I did not want to miss a minute. Now I turn it off before the show ends. My sub was supposed to end in early March and I called to cancel ( telling them the reason why ) They gave me 2 months free.

7. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Do people really care what goes on at the Today Show? Is there a reel somewhere of all the great moments that occured during the banal interviews and segments?

8. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Same thing happened to the Today show when Jane Pauley was fired. The chemistry on news shows comes and goes. Ultimately, Matt was given too much power on the show and he proved to be horrible at managing it. Matt should just concentrate on smiling for the camera and preparing for guests - instead he's in everybody's business and the show suffers. Now, it looks like he's moving to ABC...where he'll bomb the same way Couric did. But he'll still keep getting new offers for some reason.

9. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    The ratings went down with Matt Lauer and Meredith Vierra. So they fired her and replaced her with Kaie Couric. The ratings stayed shitty so the replaced Couric with Ann Curry which resulted in the same ratings. Yet no one in the NBC braintrust ever considered that maybe Lauer might be the problem.

10. K9feces

K9feces Member

Reputations:
    This might have happend in a parallel dimension

11. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    for some reason. weekday morning tv shows are the worst. they have no knowledge whatever of any subject. its dumbfounding