May 15 Late Podcast Listening Thread

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, May 16, 2013.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Something tells me that unlike the Beefus, Artie's dropping dildo story is real.

Ritchie spent his whole life playing ball with black dudes and "never heard of" doing the dozens??

2. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    Funny open and close as usual. Guests were okay didnt skip any of the show. Even let mark kriegel talk without ffwding

3. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Just finished Jezelnick; he was surprisingly unfunny. These comics all come on in serious Marc Maron / Inside The Actors Studio mode instead of Johnny Carson make the folks laugh mode. Needs more seltzer in the pants, less comedy theory.

Kriegel is Hateman and I keep listening waiting for him to slip up.

4. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    Artie sounded like he had a man crush on Jeselnik.

5. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I think Artie is the main problem with the comic interviews. He tries to conduct some kind of stand-up workshop, and the comics are just answering the questions he puts out there. They can't help it if all he wants to talk about is the 'business' part of show business. :dontknow:

6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Yeah, you're right. :(

It's just that even under those circumstances someone with a need to be funny will still try to wisecrack or do a little schtick. I guess I prefer some superficiality in comics.

I mean, why in these interviews is ARTIE the only one trying to be funny?

Agreed about the Jezelcockgobbling mancrush by the way; it was a bit gushing. At least he didn't tongue him for 2 hours like he did Jamie 'Where Comedy Goes to Die" Lee.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Another forgettable band. :(

Oh come on, how is Kriegel NOT Hateman? His "hey guys how are you doing" greeting sounded exactly like "How are you, honey?" Anybody ever do a voice match?

8. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its a fine line between the business discussion and when a comic just does preset material like on the late night shows. The host will ask the obvious set up, "So you've been travelling lately?" I can't stand that either. I would like them to just be funny off the cuff.

9. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    The problem with Jeselnik is that he's not funny. He has that stupid drawn-out delivery to cover for his lack of material. He tries to be as "controversial" as possible but you can see every punchline coming from a mile away.
    Did anyone hear that pretentious nobody Falato scoffing about how he wont ever buy a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch when Bocchetti asked him if he reads the WSJ? It was during a live look-in I think.

10. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    You know I kind of agree with you. He's Lisa Lampanelli with a penis (redundant?), although he's far more vicious and less funny. One thing he said stood out -- that he's looking forward to "getting away" with darker and darker material. How about FUNNY material, asshole? Yeah, your schtick is being outrageous, but throwing around N words and holocaust jokes gets old REALLY fast. Going "darker" for the sake only of getting "darker" is creepy, not in service of comedy, and kind of stupid overall.

No, I just do the podcasts so I didn't hear the Fellatio gripe. I can understand avoiding the Post or Fox, but the WSJ isn't any more or less conservative than it was pre-Murdoch, is it? You either read it for business news or you don't.

11. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    This show was memorable to me for one reason, Artie discussing black guy's dicks with Ritchie (and making Ritchie incredibly uncomfortable) and then saying "You should know John, you were in the NFL".

12. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    This was not a good episode. I fast forwarded through the band.

Ugh, and after Hateman more sports talk and zero comedy with Dave The Bookie Juskow.

You know it's bad when the creative highlight is Ritchie reminding Artie to talk about the McRib. Seriously.

(Artie's little riffs are still a silly joy; the twins who are individuals, etc.)