Maybe Hanzi is right?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by username, Jan 24, 2013.

1. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    During Hanzi/Howard rant last week, Hanzi said something about Jackie.
    "How come that the lead writer of THSS can't get another job"?

Hanzi alluded to that Howard used his connections in show business to blacklist Jackie.

Ist't strange that Jackie didn't bag a great job with his resume?

"Fuck Jackie" for 30 years. Wonder how many brainwashed idiots that believe Howard and its was Jackie's fault that he left the show?

2. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hanzi did make one very valid point - Howard doesn't want anyone affiliated with his show to get any appreciable level of fame, especially former associates. That's why he downplays the Ronnie Block Parties and that's why he's always mocking Jackie and Stuttering John. Hanzi absolutely nailed this point.

3. EddyG

EddyG MORON Banned User

Reputations:
    Can someone tweet to Hanzi that the secret code to get past the Illuminati is Zoo Za Zoo. GaryP is the tweetmaster.

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Likely reasons Jackie isn't working elsewhere as a writer:

1. His association with HSS means a limited pool of potential employers.
    2. Fear of attack by Howard from potential employers as he'd see them as a rival now.
    3. Jackie not willing to work for the $50,000 most of them probably make.
    4. Too busy punching up scripts.

5. LisaGsDentures

LisaGsDentures Active Member

Reputations:
    Jackie isnt talented enough to get hired anywhere.

6. MobyDick

MobyDick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unfortunately it got fake laughed off by Howard, and then Robin agreed with him for the final blow.

7. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This^. I love Jackie and I have seen his standup and he was awesome but let's face it; he was a perfect fit on THSS and he blew it big time when he left because his ego got too big. Howard has said many times that he would like Jackie back even if it's on a trial basis but Fred and Robin say no and he doesn't want to rock the boat at this point in his life. Jackie is probably a big pain in the ass to work with and his reputation for that probably got around and that is why he hosts a one hour show once a week and still does sets at "Ha Ha's" on the weekends.

8. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Uh...not sure what the OP is talking about since Jackie HAS A JOB on Sirius...
    ....he's had that job for 7yrs...(and yes,,,thanks to Howard)
    I get Jackie's newsletter every month...he's VERY BUSY with comedy gigs...almost every weekend he's working!

WGAS what the fuck this Hanzi loser says?? I'm shocked Howard even gave this PHONY an hour show...considering last week Howard was pretty vocal telling Hanzi.."i don't even KNOW who you are"..and "if u walked in my studio I wouldn't KNOW WHO YOU WERE?" he made his arguement pretty clear that Hanzi was just another Weirdo Caller...
    so now he gets a show on Howard101?? AMAZING :rolleye:

as I predicted..and most of you heard this week....WHEN Hanzi isn't "ON" and being his phony crazy out of control "character"..he's a BORING LOSER..like most of the assholes Howard gives an hour show to..
    they all FAIL and are boring....he was BORING this week when he was BEING HIMSELF....even Robin & Howard commented on how quiet he got..he couldn't even respond to Howard goofing on him with Ben Stern's tape...Hanzi shut down.....
    It's the one thing about the show that irks me....year #7 and Tim S & Howard STILL programming crap on H101...the only talent they can find are the LOSER druggies who call into the show???

Hanzi is NEVER right.....he's just another FAKE PHONY Wackpacker wannabe....total loser.

thank you
    peace & love

9. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    Quoted for truth.

I am "in the biz" and frankly most of the Stern staff is highly delusional when it comes to their value on-the-street. There are literally thousands of really fucking talented folks out there who blow away Jackie, Benjy, etc.. Just because they worked on a big show doesn't mean their "talent" is big as well.

10. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Jackie is a witty guy, but lets face it, his comedy is stuff guys have been doing in bars forever.

11. Nurse Remulak

Nurse Remulak New Member

Reputations:
    I like Jackie, he's 99.9% funnier than Benjy any day. But Jackies "comedy" was a perfect fit for the Stern show... but it is not a good fit for network TV or commercial films and projects. His humor is far too off-color and dated.

12. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I loved Jackie ON THE SHOW but I can't imagine his weight in the real world being much at all

13. username

Reputations:
    Robin and Fred have no say in if Jackie would be back. It is Howard all the time.
    Fred and Jackie hanged out privately.

Jackie said to Howard that he could sit in as a trial after Artie "left" the show. He was even prepared to do that with JokeHunt money (300 dollar/hour).

Fred and Robin maybe are jealous over Jackie's happiness? Robin is dying in house arrest. Miserable. Fred is barely at the show anymore. He uses his penguin laugh a couple of times during the show.

14. username

Reputations:
    The joke hunt show pays 300 dollars. Its hardly a job.
    I guess that Jackie took that to show Howard that he can be trusted again and to get his name out on the air.

Howard's motive is to show Jackie his place. "You are worth nothing. Do a nothing show on a nothing channel. You dared to ask for 5% of my bonus money. Only I should have money. Fuck you joke man."

15. username

Reputations:

Someone please do this.

We should pool our money and pay Hanzi 500 dollars to say ZooZaZoo during his show...

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Jackie's Sirius show exists to keep him from going off on Howard and spilling a lot of show stuff he doesn't want out there.

Jackie's role on the show was important. His was the voice of reality that kept Howard in check and Jackie's mocking of the others kept their egos in check as well. There would be nothing near the pontification on stuff you see today with someone there to mock them about it. He also served as a conduit to say things about Robin's insanity that Howard felt he couldn't say directly. He knew Jackie would do it.

The show would probably not be as despised today were Jackie still there. His jokes are lame, but that's half the fun of it.

17. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do not forget to tune in next tuesday to jackie's joke hunt episode 209 hanzi is right