Mayor DiBlasio's impact on removing the Stop and Frisk law already having effect

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by newcastlefan, Jan 29, 2014.

1. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    unfortunately not the effect he wants. As predicted (by me) Di Blasio has made the city more accessible for criminals. Since replacing Kelly as Police Comm the murder rate has increased 33%. Stop and Risk must have been very racially biased against murderers because the police are confiscating far fewer guns from prospective criminals now. Who knew murderers were a race in NYC?

http://nypost.com/2014/01/28/nyc-sees-33-percent-spike-in-murders/

As his first month as police commissioner under Mayor de Blasio winds down, Bill Bratton is already facing some sobering news — a 33 percent spike in murders across the city.

According to the latest statistics released Tuesday, there have been 28 homicides so far this year compared to 21 in the same *period last year.
    That puts the city on course for at least one murder a day.

Last year, the Big Apple racked up 334 homicides in 365 days, the lowest in the city’s recorded history.

“I think Bratton needs to be concerned about the *homicide numbers, but he’s a field commander at heart,†said a law-enforcement source. “If there’s something egregiously wrong, he will go straight to the source — the precinct or precincts that are problematic — and fix it right away.â€

The source blamed de Blasio’s anti-stop-and-frisk push for the uptick in slayings.
    “This is the residual effect of de Blasio’s backlash against stop-and-frisk,’’ the source said. “Cops aren’t stopping people and taking guns off the street, which emboldens the criminals,†the source said.

The "source" is Mayor DiBlasio, so how will Bratton restrict Mayor DiDinkins?

2. Iroth

Iroth мудак

Reputations:
    Woop de doo.

3. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Wait till summer

Stop and Frisk was unconstitutional though

whattayagonnado

4. newcastlefan

Reputations:

one of the cops said the reason we aren't seeing more muggings is because its too damn cold

5. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    I know a detective over there...He drives me nuts sometimes....the culture. He refers to minorities as 'perps' LOL. I understand why, but it's just so fucked up

No doubt stop and frisk works....is it worth giving up on constitutional rights? IDK

6. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    ages ago when i lived in NJ and the "Jaws of Life" was brand new, we used to give training classes to the NJ State Troopers on its use. We had to keep correcting them that the people they would be rescuing using the Jaws were referred to as "victims" and not "suspects".

7. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    Sure, "suspects" don't get assisted. :c

8. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    :rofl:

9. TripTo My Taint

TripTo My Taint Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You know who this matters to? The seven dead fucks, but their troubles are over.

10. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    hopefully the right people are getting murdered is one way to look at it.:hat: