News McDonald’s full menu will no longer be available at drive-thrus

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, May 13, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    McDonald’s full menu will no longer be available at drive-thrus

Published May 13, 2015

[​IMG]

These full-scale menus will be a thing of the past at McDonald's drive-thru windows. (AP Photo)

McDonald's fans might not be lovin' it the next time they hit a drive-thru.

As part of its global restructuring plan, McDonald’s announced a plan for franchisees to start cutting drive-thru menus, the company announced during a webcast meeting with national franchise owners, according to the Wall Street Journal.

In an effort to streamline orders and expedite food deliver, the chain wants to show only the “top-selling” items on drive thru menu boards. Recently, the chain announced that it would be cutting several items from the menu altogether, including the Deluxe Quarter Pounder, several chicken sandwiches, the Snack Wrap and others.

As the chain trims down some menu items, it will be adding more options in the “mid-price” category—items ranging in price from $1.50 to $3—to cover the area in between its discounted Dollar Menu and premium offerings like “Create Your Taste.” A new McChicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato as well as a double burger are slated to appear on the new mid-price menu. Lower priced versions will be available without vegetables.

According to the Journal, franchise owners have complained to corporate in previous years about the lack of mid-range items, driving customers to buy on the low end or limit their purchases on the high end.

Meanwhile, McMuffin lovers will be delighted to hear that the company wants franchise owners to expand testing of select all-day breakfast menu items. Currently, only locations in San Diego, and soon Nashville, are offering the promotion. A spokeswoman on the call did not detail plans for a national rollout.

Guacamole, IfTheyOnlyKnew and smichal like this.
  2. BrerJimmy

BrerJimmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If this angers or effects you, or you have any opinion on this whatsoever, I probably don't want to interact with you.

3. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits

Reputations:
    I don't eat McDonalds I'm better than everybody! :rolleyes:

4. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That sucks. I hate their burgers but the premium chicken McWraps are great and I stop off at the drive-thru about once a week for one. There isn't much parking at that location and if I had to find a parking space and go inside and wait in line I wouldn't even bother with it.

5. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    im outraged i tell ya

i dont eat fastfood anymore, but i usually went in so then u get the correct order n condiments

smichal and BethSucks like this.
  6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    McDonald's is one good reason why there are so many fatsos walking around.

7. Shamrock12

Shamrock12 Bouncy... Bouncy...

Reputations:
    Why would you push business away? Seems totally foolish to limit yourself

8. scoobyla

Reputations:
    i guess they feel ppl waiting too long pushed more business away.

AmericasJudge likes this.
  9. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I keep hearing from "experts" on teh business channels talking how the menu is too complicated and how streamlining it will help increase sales.

I say, better the food you serve and maybe people will want more than a cup of coffee from your shithole. How they can actually say they serve "burgers". That thing on a bun is definitely not a burger.

Dorb, Petal, Uncle Larry and 4 others like this.
  10. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    When will McDonalds go full on Chiptole and let pick your hamburger ingredients while you watch them stuff it with foodlike stuff.

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Drive thru menus have been abbreviated for years already now everywhere. How does this make the food taste better?

12. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seems like they're getting rid of anything remotely healthy.
    3 or 4 times a year I'll indulge myself and get burger king. It's tasty.

The way I feel afterward is enough of reminder of why I don't eat fast food.

13. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    In one Annals of Diagnostic Pathology study, researchers studied eight fast-food brands and found that all of their burgers contained between 2.1 percent and 14.8 percent meat. The rest was water, connective tissue, blood vessels, nerves, fat, cartilage, and, in some, even parasites. Gag.

Dorb and smichal like this.
  14. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Can't wait for the World Star Hip Hop videos from the crazy drivers demanding their McFlurries

BobbyDigital and ravenrules like this.
  15. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Of course it won't. But it seems McDs is grasping at straws now. Their reputation for mediocre quality fast food is pretty much sealed, isn't it? Even if they made a good faith effort to improve things, would the public (1) believe it and (2) trust that they would maintain it and not cut corners again once sales improved?

16. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    If they keep pissing me off I'll continue not eating there.

:mad:

scoobyla likes this.
  17. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    Well, I'm down with that. Here is a picture of me taking in the joyful and healthy bounty of one of Mc'D's competitors. Won't cramp my style one bit, unless they stop taking food stamps . . . .

[​IMG]

18. scoobyla

Reputations:
    i think they are smart to go back to what they do best at. fast low quality food.
    pretending to have healthy items dont attract the healthy eaters anyways.
    if some fat guy has to wait 15 mins to get his big mac and is late getting back to work cause some fat chick in front of him is ona fake-healthy fad and orders a wrap, he isnt going back and she will go back to big macs anyways

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  19. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    It's currently fashionable to blame McDonald's for obesity, but when you actually look at comparable meals in terms of taste and ability to satisfy hunger, it's not really much different than any restaurant, anywhere. Then again, one can always eat a handful of dry sprouts and a pickle for lunch, also.

Americans are much more sedentary than in the past. Therefore they require fewer calories to maintain their weight, despite eating about what they've always eaten. A 200 lb man who is fairly active at work, doesn't even excercise, but has a job on his feet doing things, can eat about 3,000 calories a day. That same man, sitting at a desk, requires only about 2500 calories. This means man 2 will gain a pound a week eating the same thing man 1 eats. Or 52 lbs in a year. So you can see it doesn't take a big difference in eating habits to cause massive weight gain if you become sedentary.

A very active man, doing manual labor such as a majority of people did prior to say, WWII, could eat about 4,000 calories of high fat, high carb food and maintain his weight. He would also eat a lot of vegetables but as an adjuct, not a main course, often flavored with butter and other fats. Most of my life I have fallen into this category. I ate 4,000 to 5,000 calories in a day throughout at least my mid 30's with no weight gain.

Meanwhile, what are our alternatives in mainstream America?

Big Mac 530 calories
    Medium fries 340 calories
    Diet coke 0 calories

Total 870

Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad 1400 calories

Diet coke 0

Total 1400 calories.

Chillis carribean salad with grilled chicken 740 calories
    Diet coke

Total 740

Chipoltle Burrito Bowl, steak with sour cream, quac, rice, beans, and corn salsa 1620 calories
    Diet coke 0

Total 1620 calories.

Subway 6" sub, BMT, cheese, mayo, mustard, lettuce, onions, peppers, oil and vinegar 625 calories.
    Bag of baked lays chips 140 calories.
    Diet coke 0

Total 765 calories.

O'Charley's Chicken pot pie with vegetables 1350
    1 roll (leave the other 4 in the basket alone) 150
    Diet Coke

Total 1500 calories

Yes, you could pick lower calorie meals at all these restaurants. As you also could at McDonalds.

McDonalds regular hamburger 255 calories
    small fries 275 calories
    Diet coke 0 calories

Total 530

20. SouthernListen

Reputations:
    I agree. They put out inconsistent stuff for so long it's at best a crapshoot as to whether anything would be any good.

I have actually had their small hamburgers that have tasted fine, despite the sad gray little piece of meat in them. But that's if you catch them on a good day. They've ruined their brand, which was the only reason they were worth much as franchises.

Plenty of competition now. Once the 5 guys/Cheeseburger Bobbys/Smashburger type places figure out drive thrus raise volume by 50% and figure out how to do it and keep quality up, they'll crush othe old school fast food places.

XaltedSmoke and Samurai like this.