Amazon Prime

Media Coverage of the Shooting and How We Handle Tragedies

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Cunt, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Cunt

Cunt Active Member

Reputations:
    This school shooting - just like 9/11 and other horrible events - is heartbreaking. But the constant coverage, parents tripping over themselves to get on TV, and public displays of mourning seems odd to me.

Seeing the faces of these kids kills me, but I do a lot a volunteer work with a local children's hospital and I see the faces of kids dying all of the time. And I see how horrible it is to lose a child. But Diane Sawyer isn't there to interview them. Strangers aren't holding candles outside of the hospital for them.

6x more kids will die this month from leukemia and 33x more will die from a car accident than from this school shooting. But no one gives a shit. There will be no public memorial built. A benefit concert will not be held.

I'm not trolling here and I don't want to downplay the situation but just because they all died at the same time in the same event doesn't make it any more sad to those victimized by it, does it? Why do we care more about these victims than others? And does the media's constant reminder of how horrible it is make it harder for survivors to recover?

Oh, and if I need to make this more Howard-related, then Boba Booey, Howard Stern's penis, Beth's a vapid cunt, it's 6:49 and 55 degrees.

2. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Also don't leave out that on average 5 children die from abuse and/or neglect in this country each day as well.

3. DICKWAD

DICKWAD DEAD Gold

Reputations:
    The media coverage is sickening. The endless stories , The pandering , We get it , It's a terrible thing. Be prepared for months of gun control talk . Instead of focusing on the signs this guy displayed before hand , and nobody took notice.

4. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Glowing with wonder VIP

Reputations:
  5. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I completely agree. I was just thinking to myself: here come all the phonies, and the faux outrage! I'm not even turning on the tv for the next 10 days (not that I haven't turned it on for the past 10 anyway....)

6. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    Now Piers Morgan is on Twitter blaming violent video games. :facepalm:

7. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    you have to blame the people who watch it 247. the media will show whatever gets the highest ratings. they have no responsibility to be moral or fair or even accurate.

whoever puts on the biggest circus show wins the ratings.
    the more responsible news outlets saw their profit share dwindling, so they now try to copy the nonsense.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I wanna punch that limey, pompous bloviater in the cunt.

9. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    I'm haranguing him on Twitter to try and get him to admit the media covering these assholes plays a part in this shit as well.

10. DICKWAD

DICKWAD DEAD Gold

Reputations:

X2 :lo5: How is that Fucker even on TV ? :dontknow:

11. SleepingWarrior

Reputations:
    He won't be for much longer. They are pushing the airtime of his CNN show back. May even be sent to the 11pm-12am slot.

12. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    You know as well as I do the news media is nothing but ratings, who can get the information that is going to make people watch or read their bullshit. All these fuckfaced talking heads come on with their "opinion" or "expert advice" cause it's a chance for attention and they think they know better than us average people. They are leeching scumbags that put us all in fear of every neighbor or person we come across in our world. So what do we do, go out and buy assaut rifles to make sure nobody fucks with me or my family cause if so, I'll blow them the fuck away. You ever see these people at a shooting range, motherfucker you ain't protecting shit.

I wouldn't doubt that many Americans went out this weekend and bought more guns and ammunition because of this and which one of them will be the next news tragedy cause they were having a bad day and take someone elses lives. At least on the Stern show this week we can hear how bad celebrities have it.

13. Murphy

Murphy mglw'nafh fhthagn-ngah VIP

Reputations:
    :yay:

14. Phillip

Phillip Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I will say it again...more children die from stray bullets from gang violence than from these kind of tragedies, yet it doesn't fit the agenda. These are white lives, more important than black lives I guess, or do we just assume the black communities are lost causes that we pay off with social assistance and allow illegal firearms. I'm an independent, but the liberal media are a bunch of cunts.

15. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    yea, because fox doesn't do it too :rolleye:

heck, they are the best at it

16. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    the media coverage is ghoulish...how many times can they go over the same point? it seems they almost take delight in discussing the tragedy (and of course, with this the constant push for gun control instead of discussing lanza's pathology/asperger's).
    as another poster mentioned, the very same day a monster in china knifed children to death.

this is horrendous. 20 children and 6 adults were murdered.....we don't have to go over the same gruesome details every 15 min.
    i have not watched TV since this happened but my husband has brought it up. i tell him to shut the TV off....it will put you into a very dark place.

17. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "Never let a good crisis go to waste".

18. racerx

racerx New Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;MNC4FHR4XLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNC4FHR4XLA[/video]

19. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    While the children in the attack in China did not die, there have been previous, similar attacks in China where they have.

Also, I read on timesOfIndia.com that also, on Friday, a student was arrested in Oklahoma for a plot to bomb his school.

Did anyone else read this?

20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Shot Dead

Reputations:
    He's a character. It's all an act. He's admitted that he'd rather be hated than ignored. So he's trying to get people to hate him so they can watch his show and yell at the screen.