Entertainment Melissa Rivers: Kathy Griffin 'S--- All Over My Mother's Legacy'...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, May 14, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Melissa Rivers: Kathy Griffin "Shit All Over My Mother's Legacy"

by Ryan Gajewski
    5/14/2015 4:39am PDT

[​IMG]
    Joan and Melissa Rivers
    AP Images
    • "They took the last thing I had and smashed it," Melissa said about 'Fashion Police' feeling like her last link to her late mother, Joan Rivers.

Melissa Rivers is not pleased with the way Kathy Griffin left Fashion Police.

Rivers was interviewed by Hoda Kotb on Tuesday in front of a live audience at the 92nd Street Y in New York City, and Kotb asked how Melissa felt when Griffin took over Joan Rivers' spot on the E! series. Griffin made her first appearance on the show in January but left in March following the flap over jokes that Giuliana Rancic made aboutZendaya's Oscars dreadlocks.

"I'm just going to say it wasn't a match on a lot of levels," Melissa said about Griffin joining the show. "My biggest complaint was the feeling that she kind of shit all over my mother's legacy in her statement on leaving. And I know that that was not an intentional reading of it, but that's how I felt. But I know that wasn't how it was intended."

Read More Kathy Griffin on 'Fashion Police': A Formulaic "Dog Pile" That "Felt Disingenuous to Me"
    "Everything was so heightened and everybody was so crazy, but that was my takeaway by [Griffin] calling the comedy and the style of it old-fashioned," she continued. "I understand what you're doing — you're trying to save yourself, but don't crap all over my mother to do it, and that's how I felt."

Melissa lamented the Fashion Police discord, as she had previously viewed the show as the one remaining link to her mother, given that they had worked on it together. "They took the last thing I had and smashed it," Melissa said, pointing out that Zendaya was partially to blame because of the way she reacted to Rancic's jokes.

Read More Kelly Osbourne Departs E!'s 'Fashion Police'
    Melissa, who said the show is in the process of returning to the air, acknowledged that her mom might have gotten an ego boost from the flameout. "There might be a little twinkle in her eye [if she could see what happened], saying, 'You all couldn't do it without me, could you?' " Melissa said.

Melissa begins talking about her experiences with the show at the 18:55 mark in the video below.

[​IMG]

2. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    wow. does anybody actually give a good god damn?

3. floplop

floplop Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Melissa really needs to set her priorities straight. Her mothers legacy is being one of the first mainstream female comedians who was accepted by men. She is more of a pioneer being on Ed Sullivan, and Hosting for Carson etc. That moronic fashion show is 100 percent embarrassing Dreck which is not her legacy.

4. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why the fuck was she so diplomatic on Stern and she visits with that drunk to give the real deal Holyfield truth?

Melissa Rivers is yet another JAP that fell into being a lucky little star. Joan was cool by me. She worked very hard for everything. I have no time for Melissa.

5. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...the problem with joans legacy is theres an idiot managing it.

6. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    this....100% This.

She is an untalented daughter of an incredibly talented woman who couldn't quit and shat on her legacy.
    this should be a life lesson for everyone.

7. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    How ironic is it that Melissa Rivers is going around pimping a book she wrote capitalizing on her mother's death and accusing other celebrities of showing disrespect to her mother.

8. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Precisely. Joan knew Fashion Police was a goof. She said as much.

Melissa is all butthurt because she's the "producer" of FP and some of the truths Kathy said made *Melissa* look bad.

IfTheyOnlyKnew, teehee, Petal and 8 others like this.
  9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...after elvis died there were issues on how to profit off of his legacy and more to the point how to manage an icons legacy. mellisa needs people behind her that know how to market ones legacy. as far as her writing a book, it was probably cathartic for her but makes her look like a scrambled loon. mellisa isnt even a popcorn fart in show business even with her mothers name recognition. just because your mom is in show biz doesnt mean you have show business talent or insight.

teehee and AmishGirl like this.
  10. Alisonsbankacct

Reputations:
    You have to give Precilla Presley credit for knowing what she didn't know and finally bringing in the professional teams that know how to manage and market legacy estates.

11. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i watched fashion police once in awhile. it was pretty funny with joan. i watched about 10 mins with kathy and bailed.

RIP joan.

teehee, Thelma and Gusbuss like this.
  12. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    WAAAAAAAAA! My mom is dead and no one will pay attention to me. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

13. doytch

doytch Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kathy Griffith has face of transvestite raggaedy Ann doll

14. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow, Joan is long dead & buried, and Melissa is still using mama's coattails to get her own name in the news.

15. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Tori Spelling - "Melissa Rivers s*** all over MY legacy"

16. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I've never understood why guillana was so crucified over a joke she didn't write. Why didn't the writter of the joke get in "trouble" instead of her? I love joan and enjoyed watching fashion police and her dirty jokes. I agree zendaya over reacted and kelly osbourne over reacted. That show never was politically correct, that's why it was fun to watch.

17. Alisonsbankacct

Reputations:
    Well one main problem, to me, is that Guillana isn't funny. You can get away with saying almost anything if you make it funny. A basic cable host shouldn't try and take over the place that a comic with 60 years of experience left with her passing.

Still though, I wouldn't have apologized if I were her. It was ridiculous.

18. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Never mind those millions... fuck this no talented hack.

19. TallTyrion

Reputations:
    Aliens are hilarious...what are you talking about?
    [​IMG]

blindbella, kingship, Thelma and 2 others like this.
  20. Alisonsbankacct

Reputations:
    That's not fair - just think of all the non-Joan accomplishments Melissa has!

[​IMG]

Samurai, BethWeave, Guacamole and 8 others like this.