Member of Online Gaming Group Arrested by SWAT - on Live Stream

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Aug 27, 2014.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    This is some scary shit people. Does the fuzz not double and triple check these things or do they just enjoy the rush?

A live streaming of a video game by an popular online group was interrupted in spectacular fashion when 'kootra', member of the Creatures gaming channel, is arrested by SWAT in his office room.

The gamers group in the video are part of The Creatures, a group based in Littleton Colorado, that publishes videos to YouTube and Twitch, and since the broadcast was in progress during the raid, their entire arrest ended up on the livestream.

The report proved to be false, but the investigation caused nearby schools to enact security procedures and businesses to be evacuated.

Jordan has never shown criminal activity or acting as a threat whatsoever so we can only assume at this time that is was a "swatting" prank. Swatting: A goal achieved by hacking where the hacker tricks 911 systems into deploying SWAT to an unsuspecting victim's home under false pretences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

smichal and RenchFries like this.
  2. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Looks like the Littleton police are moving in a lot faster these days than they did during the Columbine High shooting.

3. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Suspect's online character has a gun! Get him on the ground! Now!

Mulletude and smichal like this.
  4. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    These video games sure are realistic these days.

5. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    That's some scary shit.

Mantis and smichal like this.
  6. alittlebitcunty

alittlebitcunty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know, who watches that shit?

smichal likes this.
  7. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    Probably his best round of CS his ever played.

EndOfLine and smichal like this.
  8. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Holy shit.

smichal likes this.
  9. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    That is getting more out of hand by the day, where a call is placed and SWAT teams or just cops can bust down your door and throw you on the ground and apply their knee to your neck after shooting your dog or another family member, then say sorry we were just responding to a report! No hard feelings, you might want to call animal control to haul away your dog and a locksmith to fix your door. We're clear here! :coffee:

10. Dick Nipaolo

Dick Nipaolo Inconsequential human

Reputations:
    Fuckin Christ... What the fuck is going on today?? Perfect example of why a shit load of cops, are dicks though.. " What about this is funny to you?". What does it matter, you asshole? He's cuffed and no longer a threat to you. Let the dick head laugh if that's what he wants to do. Instead of resisting and being a real twat.. And as soon as they heard a camera was on. They sure were quick to snuff it... That's why I don't buy all this bs you get fed when the subject of chest cams come up. There's no reason not to film that..

SillyOldMan and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  11. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call

February 13, 2012 10:52 PM

Jason Allen

LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – A gun battle on a video game turned into guns drawn in a Lewisville neighborhood Monday.

A family had to face down a police swat team for what police say was a hoax, delivered through a video game system.

The incident happened just after 5 p.m. Monday.

The teenage boy, whose parents asked he not be named, was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops. He had joined friends playing online on the Xbox 360.

In the game, players can talk to each other using headsets. In between games, in a chatroom, the boy said a voice suddenly chimed in that he says he didn’t recognize. “Some dude just popped out of nowhere, and basically said he’s going to hack me, he’s going to get my information, call the swat team over to my front yard.”

The teen ignored it, and kept playing.

About 20 minutes later, Lewisville received a call from an operator with the AT&T Instant Message Relay Service. The system is designed to allow hearing impaired users to reach someone with a standard telephone. The operator said they had received a message that a person was shot and that someone was still inside the house shooting.

The first responding officers saw no signs of shooting at the home. The video game was still on when police surrounded the house, with the entire family inside.

The teen said it was his parents who first noticed men outside with real guns, and someone with a bull horn, calling his name.

“We were all scared, out of our minds,” he said. “Didn’t understand why they were here. We thought there was some stranger some dude running around our house, hiding behind the boat. We didn’t know. We didn’t expect nothing.”

Captain Kevin Deaver with Lewisville Police said they started calling the family out because there were no signs of shooting. “At one point they did come out of the residence but then went back in the residence, which did cause us some alarm,” he said.

What officers had seen was the boys father, pulling his wife back inside to keep her safe. The family hid in a bedroom, and the boy’s mother called 9-1-1 herself. The operator connected her to police who convinced the mother, father, three children and grandparents to come out.

The teen said he has no idea who would want to pull the dangerous prank.

Police are investigating the crime as a false report or false alarm. They are working on a subpoena to try to get the information for the gamer who made the story up.

12. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can thank Big Tony Scalia (and his houseboy Uncle Clarence Thomas and the faction of the Supreme Court they lead around by the nose) whose decisions for many years now have led to giving the police free rein to do ANYTHING they want (intentionally, incompetently, accidentally, or criminally) without any consequences......

mattyfishrip197 likes this.
  13. HORSETOOTHED

HORSETOOTHED Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    First rule of the internet, stay anonymous.

TeeDonkey likes this.
  14. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yup

15. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:

February 13, 2012 :coffee:

16. rhoads80

rhoads80 EVangeLIst

Reputations:
    Yeah this shit can go way wrong. I have a german shepherd/akita mixed dog and she would rip into anyone flying through my door like that and be shot dead. She's like my best friend. I'm not sure how I would react I would fucking flip and then who knows what would happen. This incident could've been a hell of a lot worse if it happened to the wrong person.

TeeDonkey likes this.
  17. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Police search warrant. Open up. Where gonna send the dog in. Oppppps sorry.

18. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

The date isn't an issue, I posted the story because it was related to being set up by someone related to gaming in a similar way.

TeeDonkey likes this.
  19. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Loved it when the big bad pig said "don't you move *boy ,you hear me?" Who the duck do they think we are. Dan Carlin's newest podcast of Common Sense is pretty much all about this and how much more we will take.

20. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I live in CO. There is no reason for Littleton to have a swat team, it's a suburb. It seems a lot of smaller towns around here, flush with homeland security dollars and leftover Iraq war hardware, have swat teams. Scary shit.