Michael Bloomberg suggests disarming minorities to ‘keep them alive’

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cg256, Feb 9, 2015.

1. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    While addressing pot legalization at the Aspen Institute, former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg issued a statement that would have been excoriated as racist had it been uttered by a Republican. According to an article posted Sunday at BizPac Review, the mayor -- known as "Nanny Bloomberg" -- said young minority males are responsible for the majority of murders in America and need to be disarmed.

Bloomberg told Jennifer Bradley, director of the Center for Urban Innovation at the Institute, that 95 percent of murders are committed by young minority males between the ages of 15 and 25. Because of this, he believes all Americans need to be disarmed.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” he said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

The Aspen Times said Bloomberg also mentioned New York City’s stop-and-frisk practices, which gained national attention in 2011. Bloomberg said a minister at a Baptist church in Harlem invited him to speak during his last year in office.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be okay with that audience.”

The comment sparked considerable criticism on Twitter, BizPac Review said. For many, the comment reeked of racism and a post at Doug Giles' Clash Dailysuggested someone inform MSNBC host Al Sharpton.

"Now he wants to disarm minorities and tell them how to live," one person said. "If a politician said this about anything other than guns, he’d be forced to recant and forever marked 'racist,'" added the National Review's Charles C.W. Cooke.

"By politician, you mean Republican, right?" one person asked in response. "Funny how the Ku Klux Klan's program on gun control has suddenly become mainstream," blogger "Popehat" added.

Bloomberg commented on a number of issues, including education and the state's legalization of marijuana, which he characterized as "stupid." The former mayor admitted smoking marijuana in the 1960s, but said the drug is far more damaging today.

“What are we going to say in 10 years when we see all these kids whose IQs are 5 and 10 points lower than they would have been?” he asked. “I couldn’t feel more strongly about it, and my girlfriend says it’s no different than alcohol. It is different than alcohol. This is one of the stupider things that’s happening across our country.”

2. Thikken Vaney

Thikken Vaney What's everyone looking at?

Reputations:
    Good choice on posting this in the Stern Show forum.

Blockhead.

3. jimerer

jimerer Active Member

Reputations:
    This is already being discussed in the politics forum.

4. cg256

Reputations:
    I never go there, my bad. We'll just let this gently sink to the bottom then.

5. joe361

joe361 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bloomberg doing the NRA's job yet again.

6. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

He is a republican you idiot, lol

Lola likes this.
  8. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    "You 2A guys are so hysterical. All we want is 'sensible' gun control laws. Nobody is talking about confiscation."

Well, at least we're finally seeing a hint of honesty from these pathological liars.

Why don't illogical douchebags like Bloomberg ever acknowledge the fact that any mayor in any city in America already holds the authority - right now, today, this very second, without the passage of one additional piece of legislation - to disarm effectively every person in this country who's been convicted of a felony?

How can these people claim that current laws are insufficient when they never enforce them?

reno likes this.
  9. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    No, he's a RINO.

10. cg256

Reputations:
    I did not write the article, nor can I say I caught the mistake in it.

11. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Guns? Arent they all in college?

12. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Keep them alive?! :nocheer:

Oh! They're a dependable voting block for the Dems so let's keep them alive. (And any white votes they kill ...well, that's just fewer votes for the Republicans.)

13. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

And what records would the government use to figure which felons had guns? Should they just search their homes every day? Monitor all sales at the gun shows?

14. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so bam isa DINO, since hes done things his party hated?
    are all Rs who voted for the iraq war, vote for progressive tax, and stuff bills with pork, RINOs? :dontknow:
    IMO all party labels are in name only, cause its just a name.

15. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Felons can't legally possess (own, borrow, etc.) firearms, hence the irony that only law-abiding citizens would agree to follow the law.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Mr. Potato Head likes this.
  16. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Factually, he's not.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  17. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    “I couldn’t feel more strongly about it, and my girlfriend says it’s no different than alcohol. It is different than alcohol. "

yes it is different. it doesn't cause people to get violent or liver disease etc., etc., etc.

a lib saying to disarm "minorities" ((aka black folks))? the world is turned upside down. :nooo:

of course to this dickhead, we should all lose our right to own firearms because a tiny minority of useless garbage love to shoot people.

fuck you bloomy!

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  18. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Factually, he is.

Lola likes this.
  19. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Aww no he diddddn't........

20. ltd86