Michael Savage leaves radio show after legal win

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can't stand this guy but I would be interested in Howard's take with all the problems he has had with his employers. Savage has more listeners than Stern but that's not saying much. He is going to get a huge contract, probably in the $15-25 million a year range.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Savage's talk show left the airwaves Thursday after the conservative host won a legal battle with his longtime employer, although his attorney said discussions with new networks are already under way.

Savage posted a message on his website Thursday evening under the headline "Free at Last!" that said he was free to work with any station or network from now on. He said he "will not be heard on the radio for some time."
    His attorney Daniel Horowitz said Savage left Talk Radio Network after obtaining a favorable ruling in arbitration Thursday afternoon.
    More than 8 million people listen to Savage's show each week, placing him behind only Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity in ratings, according to the magazine Talkers. The immediate effect that his abrupt departure would have on companies that advertise on his show was unclear.
    An email sent to Oregon-based Talk Radio Network was not immediately returned. Savage's bio and name already have been removed from the company's website.
    Horowitz says Savage has been fighting the network for two years to get out a contract that was 10 years old and prevented the host from switching employers. Horowitz said the agreement lacked protections afforded to artists and entertainers under California law, and tied Savage to Talk Radio Network indefinitely.
    Horowitz said Savage spent more than $900,000 fighting his case but was awarded more than $1 million in arbitration. The agreement also calls for Savage to be able to obtain all archived tapes of his show.
    Savage, who broadcasts from San Francisco, was heard on nearly 400 stations and has gained notoriety for offending immigrants and minorities, calling the Muslim holy book, the Quran, a "book of hate" and being banned in 2009 from traveling to England for allegedly fostering extremism or hatred. After that decision, the host appealed to one of the targets of his barbs, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, for help.
    A State Department spokesman said at the time that countries have a right to determine who is allowed to enter, but declined to comment further on Savage's request.

2. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Weiner, Michael Weiner

3. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    It would mean more if the guy wasn't a total fake. He's a botany major from Berkley who tells people what they want to hear and cashes the check. My guess is he will be on clearchannel any day now between Limbaugh and Hannity.

4. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't think so.

He doesn't need them..and they don't really need him.

It's a strange situation.
    There's more going on here than has been made public..at this time.

Savage is taking some time off to deal with a medical situation...possibly outside of the USA.

We'll have to wait to see what happens and what becomes known.

5. RiotGrip

RiotGrip New Member

Reputations:
    :bigthink

6. Annie Oakley

Annie Oakley New Member

Reputations:
    Fascinating. Maybe he has AIDS.

7. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Hello, infidels! This is Michael Savage coming to you from Robin Quivers' apartment. Robin, where are those damn 3D glasses??"

8. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Let me guess you are new to the world of TV and radio... errrrrr "entertainment." Would love to hear about the people on TV and radio who you think are "real." And while you are at it, toss in a list of politicians who you believe actually care about you, or the "common man."

9. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    :funny:

10. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Sex change or cancer treatment?

11. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he's going for cancer treatment, he's a dead man.

12. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Why do you say that mein fuhrer? Some people have been known to survive the chemo..

13. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I will miss him. Glad he won this legal battle,but he still wasn't able to get off the UK's 'terror watch list'. I find it a disgrace he was on there in the first place to be honest, did he say offensive things? yes, in particular I disliked his ignorance over what occured in northern ireland,it wasn't as simple as british oppression ,but far more complicated involving stupid political decision and stubborness by both the irish and the british governments for years, ,religious extremism and nationalism on both sides and a minority but a majority on their side who wanted their side of the border to remain part of britain .But I get he was probably mad with anything british. I wouldn't like to be on a countries terror watch list and I don't think he was being hysterical when he said his life could be in danger from that.

And he was offensive to whom? the british liberal elite who run our country? Because frankly I hear savage say a lot of things many people I know would say in privacy of their own homes,when they are not at risk of losing their job. Even cambridge university in the UK, a liberal bastion invited savage over to speak at their student union,savage accepted and our government at the time stopped him. The new 'conservative/liberal' coalition don't look like they will budge on it either.

His entertaining show was a perfect antidote to all the crap happening here right now, I think he is very talented, a jewish alleged poof with the surname weiner being seen as a darling of the conservative movement,

14. ravenrules

ravenrules Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's almost cartoon-ish in his extreme hatred of the Far-Left and Islam. So his show is more entertaining than that fat asshole Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

15. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    TLDR: Jew Yenta sues boss.

16. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This! Plus reps

17. Winst

Reputations:

I don't think so.....but I believe that it could be something or other that requires some sort of extended treatment cycle.

I could be totally or somewhat off....but anyone who is familiar with how Savage operates will tell you that there really
    aren't many ways of knowing for sure.
    Savage only trusts a certain select few...and even then he only really trusts his son. (...over his wife..and lawyers BTW.)
    ...and Savage is quite keen on taking the time to lay down various bewildering "misdirections" to cover
    his often confusing enough pathways. (...it's part of his "thing"...and it works.)

Remember that somewhat recent trip to NYC that Mike took...with his son.
    (...tracks..tracks...always covering his..tracks....like a good agent is..trained..to do.)

[​IMG].... :bigthink

18. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He did say on a recent show (I think it was recent - it's hard to tell the way his show is spliced) that he had been absent due to a very serious health scare but everything turned out to be OK. He was tempted to tell the audience what it was, then decided he had better not say anything more.

19. tfresca

tfresca Active Member

Reputations:
    He has a book that's out of print and it's totally him dealing with repressed homo sexual urges. Salon wrote a story about him and wrote about the book. I think you can buy copies on ebay.

20. Winst

Reputations:

That's not quite..or exactly what he said/had to say....but whatever.....it's not as if it really matters all that much.

It will be what it will be.
    ..or as Mike might say....Mike decides...and then God decides.

...and about all of those planned live appearances/shows.... :whistle:

[​IMG]