Michael Savage Show back on the air

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by John Smith, Oct 17, 2012.

1. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Michael Savage, who's been off the air since winning a lawsuit against Talk Radio Network, just signed up with Cumulus to do a Monday thru Friday radio show beginning next week. It will be on from 9 PM to midnight eastern time. Cumulus owns a lot of stations; here in NYC they own WABC-AM, WPLJ, and they just bought a kooky religious station (WFME) owned by a guy who made a fool of himself predicting the world would end earlier this year but the only thing that's ending is his New York outlet for "Family Radio".

While Savage may be wacky and many disagree with his politics, he's a very entertaining broadcaster and an alternative to Stern (even though he'll be on in the evening).

God forbid he'd fill the night time slot on Howard101. Can you imagine that negotiation? "You can have all the free plugs for 'Trickle Down Poverty' you want!"

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/17/michael-savage-signs-deal-with-cumulus-media/

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. Thelma

Thelma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info! I think he's entertaining - he's got a great voice with a lot of energy (you would think he was 58 and Howard was 70). I hope to find him on my radio dial next week.

3. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    I stumbled on a broadcast he did on JustinTV (I think) either the day he won his lawsuit or the day after.

I've listened to his show previously and I give him credit for being a good broadcaster...but at my age there's a limit on how much crazy bullshit I can digest.

4. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I actually like this wacko.

5. Goods

Goods Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;jCM2_JqJzEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCM2_JqJzEo[/video]

[video=youtube;O31vvVsj_fs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O31vvVsj_fs[/video]

6. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i'm horrified that michael savage (born Michael Alan Weiner) won a decision (due to some liberal arbitrator) against a kind, gentle, corporation such as Talk Radio Network.

i'm sure this commie will be spouting off about the evils of capitalism ASAP.

i hope that Talk Radio Network sues him for pain and suffering over mean things he has said about them.

because as we all know, corporations are people too.

7. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Jay severin is better. Nothing against savage, orielly, Matthews, maddow, etc, but all they domismcarry water. Severin is biased, but you can learn how campaigns actually work.

9. urbanshocker

urbanshocker New Member

Reputations:
    Same here--and not because I agree with everything he says, but because I don't; he's like Colin Cowherd to me: sometimes I wholeheartedly agree with him and the next minute I'm yelling at him in my car--either, they're both entertaining.

Although, I do tire of Savage's ratings talk and victim talk...