Michigan Gay Marraige on hold (haha)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Haha in advance :)

2. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
  3. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    If only the states would find an attorney who will make a simple, logical argument against this b.s..

4. slats7

slats7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    you mean Michigan voters have rights too?? unheard of.

5. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    i've been waiting gay divorce court for years.
    this should be fun.

[​IMG]

6. sstressed

Reputations:

our atty general is too busy trying to unlegalize medical marywanna.

i'm not a fan of our society being changed at the whim of a handful of judges.

7. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Detroit has devolved into the Congo, Dearborn has turned into Mecca, and this is the shit they're worried about?

8. ohmicah

Reputations:
    The domestic assault charges are a real hoot to read. One of these guys bit the other guy's lip.

How about those football players coming to blows over underwear:giggle:

9. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    As a libertarian friend of mine said years ago "What do I care? Let them get married and be miserable like us straight guys that are married. Marriage is like a hot bath. Once you're in it for a while, it ain't so hot."

10. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Libertarian Ron Paul said something like, 'marriage is a religious institution. If the "gays" want to get married, build a "gay" church. Keep the government out of it. Government has no business being in the marriage business.' Man, that guy got the most applause during the debates!

What gets me is that, for the most part, the "gays" are against religion, yet want to enter into the religious tradition of marriage.
    Just defies the logic.

11. skater76

skater76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Next you know people will be wanting to Marry Dogs and Cats.

12. ohmicah

Reputations:
    You can't help who/what you love..

13. skater76

skater76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don t love Faggots

14. sstressed

Reputations:
    my conclusion is it's just them wanting to fuck with the church/needing something to be a drama queen about. most gays are very mad at religion for not embracing them. it's like when black folks demand equality, and then self segregate, but then scream - raysis - if there is anything that seems to be just for whites. they just fuckin with us.
    a laugh a minute these progressives.

i think that gays in a legal union should have all the rights of straights. demanding that it be marriage is just them throwing a hissy fit. i could give a fuck about marriage. i had a legal union with all the good and bad that comes with that.

it's really something to see, when people who demand that others be treated with respect, dignity and be honored as valued members of the collective, gleefully shit all over those who disagree with them.

like when a black guy calls howard a raysis, then goes on to call him a big nosed joo. :jj:

i see my society being changed by people i disagree with most of the time.
    i'm not pleased.

p.s. - i'm very high right now and may not agree with myself in a couple of hours. :hat:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  15. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    not really. Marriage is a legally recognized status that carries many privileges such as visiting your partner in the hospital and lower insurance rates to name a few.

16. Beth143nacho

Reputations:
    Oh dot get me started on Detroit.

the real purpose of this thread was to throw some red meat to the likes of flafla, scoobya, ving, newcastlefan and shortbus... To put up a threa that they couldn't resist writing a huge angry response, then to have them completely lose their shit because they can't post in a thread where they're on the ops ignore list.... Lawl.

ok... Clearing my ignore list now.

17. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Well Ok. Just as long we're being real and realize it's not about love. It's about privileges and is also available to non-homosexuals.

18. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i agree with ron paul on that and many other things, but the stuff he speaks applies to some other country, because it doesn't even have the possibility of happening in the US. no one is ever, pre a revolution, going to strike down all marriage benefits. so while we still do live under a gov who endorses marriage, it should also be endorsed for queer couples. it's not a sound argument to say that they shouldn't be allowed, because you simply believe no one should be allowed. if marriage were struck down altogether in the US and gays stilled wanted married, then i would be against gay marriage.

i don't think most gays are looking to enter into a religious tradition. just like many straight couples who have no real religious motives behind being married. i had 0.0. if you are really planning to stay with one person for an extremely long period of time, it can be of great benefit to enter into the united states' marriage contract. also, moreover, i'm guessing the feeling of oppression drives a lot of their fight. it can't be a good feeling to have the gov single out your group for denial of a right gladly handed to the next person.

19. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

2 points i'll make, since i may just be arguing with a bong. all your examples were "just like with the blacks" without citing anything specific the queers are doing wrong. i agree that it's insane that blacks worked so hard to get rid of whites only clubhouses so that they could go put up blacks only ones. but that's got nothing to do with gay marriage. it's a good point, though, it should be saved and used in a black thread.

are civil unions offered in all states and with all the same benefits as marriage? i'm asking, i really don't know. if not, then it's no comparable to marriage and rights are being denied. if so, then sure it seems a bit juvenile to cause so much noise over the title, but i must say that to both sides. it sounds pretty babyish to me of those who want to fight so hard for gay couples to not being allow to be "married". it's not a title, it's a description saying two people were united. they aren't asking to be officially recognized as "god buddies" or anything. it's obvious that those who flat out don't want gays to have these rights are butthurt they are starting to get them, so as a last ditch effort to deny them of something they grasp onto the titled of marriage.

ok, i'm done being a queer crusader today. i gotta go send schmoopy cock pics.

20. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm torn, this is the first good post you have made. Should I rep you, or just ignore it. :scratch: